Gay male couple Sea Princess Aust - NZ

Meant to ask you is this particular page for the Princess Cruises Roll Call for 02 February 2014 cruise on the Sea Princess or is there another page that we should be viewing comments etc. on?

You should be able to find the Princess roll call page and get onto your particular cruise. Then you can chat and ask questions with others on your cruise, from basic questions to shore excursions. There seems to be a mixture of newbies (like us) to people who have been on many cruises.

Enjoy and good luck - we are hanging out for our first cruise in Nov on Sun:D

Hi Newfarmers many thanks for your message. No we can't locate a Roll Call for our particular cruise date and can't seem to work out just how to set a Roll Call up.

If you click on the link that has been provided above - open that up - then scroll up - and just above all the announcements on the left in a little 'square" are the words "New Thread" - click on that - and voile - there you go.

Hope this helps

thanks for that. By following your instructions does that mean that we can set up the Roll Call for our particular cruise? or is the Roll Call set up by Cruise Critic themselves? We did what you suggest and only saw the word Thread not Roll Call. We are fairly new to this site so you must forgive our short comings.

thanks for that. By following your instructions does that mean that we can set up the Roll Call for our particular cruise? or is the Roll Call set up by Cruise Critic themselves? We did what you suggest and only saw the word Thread not Roll Call. We are fairly new to this site so you must forgive our short comings.

Yes - Thread is right - and you will be opening that "Thread" in the Sun Princess Roll calls section that has been set up by Cruise Critic. So...where it says "Title" just look above that and in blue it says:

Post New ThreadForum: Sea Princess Roll Calls

Tip: It helps to be very specific when creating your title; provide enough info so others can help you

So this is where you would put your title: for example: ANYONE CRUISING ON ...............(date and other info) or ROLL CALL FOR........(date and other info) - make your question bold and eye catching. No need to say "Sun Princess" anywhere as that is the roll call you are putting your thread in.

Have a look through those "threads" and see what kind of titles others have put.

And if it's any consolation - I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to thread starting - and took me forever to learn to get round the boards. :eek:

I jumped in with this info for you because I noticed newfarmer had logged out - and I know what it's like when you are waiting for a reply :p

On following your instruction we went through to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=308 but could not see that Cruise Critic has set up a Roll Call for our particular cruise. Does one have to ask them to do so?

You do it yourself - you go into the "Princess Roll Calls" (as per the link above) open up that "Thread" button and put your title in" ROLL CALL FOR ..............(cruise and date) and perhaps .........WHO ELSE IS GOING? and that is the start of the "ROLL CALL" for your particular cruise.

PS....I like Baileys :p

Does anyone know as to why Princess Cruises do not offer their passengers doing the Australia/NZ cruises the 'My Time Dining' option?

The Australian-based Princess ships (Dawn/Sea/Sun) only have traditional dining. Princess Cruises management stated a couple of years ago that "Australians didn't want anytime dining". I cannot tell you where they got that information. :)

The Australian-based Princess ships (Dawn/Sea/Sun) only have traditional dining. Princess Cruises management stated a couple of years ago that "Australians didn't want anytime dining". I cannot tell you where they got that information. :)

They must use the excuse "Europeans don't want anytime dining" as it wasn't available on our Med cruise. Or maybe they knew we were Australians! Love MTD.

We did this cruise last December on the Sun Princess, we had a group of 10 ( 9 gay guys and 1 token straight woman ). There were others on the ship but our group were the only ones that attended the GLBT Get-Together each day.

But we did meet lots of great people on the ship and had a great time. The crew were great and the real star was New Zealand.

We did find that the 6 ports in 6 days was very tiring, but still had a great time.

I'm sure you will have a great trip.

I do have all the Princess Patters scanned if you would like to get an idea of whats on offer.

872879729_ScreenShot2013-09-09at10_22_54PM.jpg.1d79dfd8c3a7811d70fca96f4c948dc7.jpg

HI GHDPeter Thanks for the info. Yes we would like very much to see the Princess Patters. We are kiwi boys who usually cruise back to NZ to see family & friends each year on one of the RCCL ships but this year decided for a change to take the Sea Princess. It's a great pity that they don't do the 'Anytime Dining' a.k.s. 'My Time Dining' sounds like the Princess Cruises are cutting back on some of their previous dining time options for passengers.

HI GHDPeter Thanks for the info. Yes we would like very much to see the Princess Patters. We are kiwi boys who usually cruise back to NZ to see family & friends each year on one of the RCCL ships but this year decided for a change to take the Sea Princess. It's a great pity that they don't do the 'Anytime Dining' a.k.s. 'My Time Dining' sounds like the Princess Cruises are cutting back on some of their previous dining time options for passengers.

Here is the link to the patters and other information from the Sun Princess S301 New Zealand cruise

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0HgQDQt7vPlTml5eFlZdU54Vk0&usp=sharing

There are 3 files that seem to be having a problem uploading but all the rest are there and it will give you an idea of whats on offer.

The Sea Princess is the youngest of the three Sun Class in Australia and has a slightly different feel to the Sun and Dawn.

I'm sure you will have a great time, we were very luck to have beautiful weather in all ports with the exception of the storm at the end of our last port.

If I can provide any other info please let me know, I am sailing on the Sea Princess in 6 weeks to Tasmania and will take some pics of the ship and cabins.

Thanks GHDPeter for the files, much appreciated. Tell us the drink prices on the files do the prices also include the % surcharge or does one have to add the % to the prices listed? Sorry can't remember what the surcharge % is for the Princess Cruises.

No gratuity on Australian-based Princess ships. :):) Therefore, there is no % added to drinks prices.

I was told that even on the Australian based Princess Cruises that each drink and bottles of wine that was purchased on board had the listed price, which appeared on the on the drinks/wine lists, then on top of that there is a certain % surcharge which is automatically added to the bar/restaurant drinks/wines etc. Apparently the surcharge is what the bar staff and Wine staff in the restaurants get because they are on commissions as their basic salaries are far lower than the rest of the cruise staff.

I was told that even on the Australian based Princess Cruises that each drink and bottles of wine that was purchased on board had the listed price, which appeared on the on the drinks/wine lists, then on top of that there is a certain % surcharge which is automatically added to the bar/restaurant drinks/wines etc. Apparently the surcharge is what the bar staff and Wine staff in the restaurants get because they are on commissions as their basic salaries are far lower than the rest of the cruise staff.

Not on any of our (many) Princess cruises since the auto-tipping was removed on 1st May, 2011. At the start, we checked our on-board account to make sure the charge for a particular day was the same as the price shown on the price-list for the bottle of wine we bought that day. My husband was growling that there would still be a 15% gratuity added, but there wasn't. :):)

Oh right! many thanks for that info. When we cruise on both the Celebrity and Royal Caribbean to NZ and other ports they still have a 15% surcharge on all drinks/ wine etc both alcoholic and non alcoholic. Make it rather expensive when it all in US$ especially now the Aust$ has dropped to until the US$ mark.

Here is another link, this time in jpeg format so much smaller and hopefully all there

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0HgQDQt7vPlbFVuMXN6bUpRT3c&usp=sharing

As has been said, there is no additional charges added to prices on the 3 Sun Class Princess Ships in Australia ( Sun, Dawn & Sea )

The Prices stated were all we paid.

We did get the Unlimited Soda & More package http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/casual_dining/ which was great, we drank less alcohol but still felt like we were "in the mood" to party and relax.

Here is another link, this time in jpeg format so much smaller and hopefully all there

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0HgQDQt7vPlbFVuMXN6bUpRT3c&usp=sharing

As has been said, there is no additional charges added to prices on the 3 Sun Class Princess Ships in Australia ( Sun, Dawn & Sea )

The Prices stated were all we paid.

We did get the Unlimited Soda & More package http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/casual_dining/ which was great, we drank less alcohol but still felt like we were "in the mood" to party and relax.

Again, many thanks for the link & info it all helps when cruising with a new cruise company.

Archived