Dry skin on cruise

Sunnytrip

We actually have not had this problem.

We have only done Carrivbean cruises, and seem to use a lot of sun tan lotion when we are out and about, and we purchase the ones with extra oils.

My skin never looked healthier:D

Try if you are on a sunny cruise.

Sea Ya

The water on a ship is VERY soft.....you may not be rinsing the soap off your skin as well as you think, and that is very drying......soft water makes detergents/soaps lather and lather....no minerals to break down the sudsing. Rinse better and see if that helps!

Pack a travel sized bottle of baby oil or if you want something fancier Aveeno makes an oatmeal afterbath oil. It has to be oil. When your shower ends, while you are still wet, rub the oil into your skin. Then blot yourself dry so as not to wipe all the oil away. I haven't had dry skin since I started this.

I live in a very very dry climate (except for monsoon season, which is now) and I find my skin is better on a cruise than when I'm home. I think just the fact that the air outside has more moisture, balances the AC dryness. I also use my normal night and day creams. I have found at home that it's worth the money and effort to use whatever you put on your face on your neck, chest, hands and arms as those areas really show dryness and age if neglected.

Pack a travel sized bottle of baby oil or if you want something fancier Aveeno makes an oatmeal afterbath oil. It has to be oil. When your shower ends, while you are still wet, rub the oil into your skin. Then blot yourself dry so as not to wipe all the oil away. I haven't had dry skin since I started this.

That sounds a good idea. Thanks for all the tips

Coconut oil is awesome, absorbs into skin and not greasy, plus its great to cook with.

I brought coconut oil on my last 2 cruises~! Love it~ great for skin and hair after a day in the sun & water!! Just be sure it's in a container that does not leak as it will turn to liquid at about 76º

Another one here who swears by coconut oil! It is awesome on your skin - all over your body and especially on your face. You do have to rub it in a bit because it is oil but your skin will be so soft and smooth. I also use it once a month on my hair - when I am going out to float in the pool, I just run a couple of tsps full through my hair - and especially on the ends (as I color my hair) - leave it for a couple of hours, wash, rinse, wash, conditioner and voila! Smooth, silky hair.

Archived