Fedora/prohibition party?

If you are looking for themed items, a lot of people have posted they buy their items at any party supply type chain stores in their areas.

I have no idea if they sell any items on the actual ship. I just wanted to share what others have posted in previous threads.

I do not re-call seeing any items in the gift shop.

It seems that people plan ahead and bring their Fedoras, boas, long stem cigarette holders, and men bring their pin striped suits.

I guess it is so secretive, well, passwords and such, we never knew it was going on till we saw people walking around in the get-up.

I think I remember a fellow CC posting some pictures on his thread of his wife and him all dressed up and they loved it (?????Walton????) may have been the name........

It is a great thread.

Sea Ya

Does anyone know if you can buy a cheap fedora and any other roaring 20's novelty items on the allure. Since the ship has a Chicago theme party was wondering if the was anything like that you could buy for the party.

Yes, it was $10. I brought one but actually liked the $10 one better. I can't guarantee they'll have them but they did in May 2012.

My friend went and said the majority of the people were in great costumes purchased and planned in advance. So if you're thinking about doing this $35 party, you should come ready with a costume. Much like the white party, you either have the stuff or you do not.:(

I am going on 9/15 and am just now thinking of costumes for hubby and I. And I will bring white this time:D

My kids (21+) brought stuff from a party store for their Prohibition party in August. They said it was a lot of fun and everyone really got into the mood, until the party was crashed by Ken Rush. They felt he totally destroyed the ambiance with some kind of contemporary Elvis shtick, grabbed drinks and interrupted the party to do a talk about the next day's cruise activities.

I guess for Ken Rush fans, his visit to the party would have been a good thing.

They said it was a lot of fun and everyone really got into the mood, until the party was crashed by Ken Rush. They felt he totally destroyed the ambiance with some kind of contemporary Elvis shtick, grabbed drinks and interrupted the party to do a talk about the next day's cruise activities.

I guess for Ken Rush fans, his visit to the party would have been a good thing.

Thank goodness he bypassed our party.

Sent from my Droid RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

My friend went and said the majority of the people were in great costumes purchased and planned in advance. So if you're thinking about doing this $35 party, you should come ready with a costume. Much like the white party, you either have the stuff or you do not.:(

I am going on 9/15 and am just now thinking of costumes for hubby and I. And I will bring white this time:D

Is there a white party as well?

How do you know and find out if your cruise has a theme night?

Thanks Marcy

I just peruse all the threads. I wish they would notify you of the the theme parties and which nights are formal in your packet.:confused:

How do you know and find out if your cruise has a theme night?

Thanks Marcy

If you mean the Prohibition Party, it is in the pre-cruise planner for the Allure. They do it because the show is Chicago. I don't think other ships do it. I wish they would tell us ahead of time about some things, too.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought she meant in general. Yeah when you go to buy the prohibition package under dining it tells you the date and time. Ours falls on our anniversary so that will be fun! Anyone of the ones you pay, they tell you about the details. White party or other themes is a guess....

The Rita's party looks fun also and has lots of choices.

Archived