Can I bring a small personal fan?

goldgirl2

I dare anyone to try to take my little fan from me these days! Go ahead and see "menopause granny" come out. To think I was almost looking forward to not, well, you know... I used to carry a little battery operated fan in my day pack for hot climates. I didn't quite realize that "hot climates" could include just me.:D

beachchick

Edited by beachchick

We take a fan as well. Our 1st cruise, we actually went on a hike to find a store in Puerto Rico so we could buy one. My hubby was not a happy camper without his fan noise. A small plug in fan has travel with us many times since.

I never checked if it is on the naughty list, but it has never been pulled, and we always back it in checked luggage.

No worry about the personal fan. The electrical appliances that are prohibited are those

"items that generate heat or produce an open flame"
(Taken from the RCI FAQs.) Click Here for a link to the FAQs.

Be cool:cool:

Charlie

Edited to add: Yes, it is a good idea to bring a new (in the pack) extension cord. Old cords could pose a fire hazard. It would be a judgment call by the ship personnel. New and in the package is best.

Edited by 98Charlie

• 3 years later...

NCL does not allow any fans, I bought an all metal expensive one and have had it taken on my last two cruises with NCL. Royal Carib doesn't mention personal Fans in its What items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship list? Next cruise is Royal Caribbean!

You used to be able to request a fan from special needs. We usually got a big clunky box fan on its last legs. On our last cruise special needs responded to our request that they no longer provided fans but we were welcome to bring our own. This was on Liberty. We drove in, so we packed a medium sized fan on with no problem at all.

We always bring a small fan for white noise. However do not pack it in your carryon when flying. TSA thought ours was a bomb. No lie, had to unpack my entire bag in front of the TSA agent and all of my lingerie was in that bag. Plenty of folks got to see my unmentionables! :o

Saw a man hauling a large box fan off Liberty in Galveston in July when we disembarked. I don't know if he tried taking it on and it got confiscated or the let him on the ship with it. I would think a small desk fan would be much better. MUCH better.

Been taking one of these along for a few years now. $13 at Wallyworld, pack in checked luggage without box. Been all over including overseas. Just give it to your room attendant after the trip, they are very thankful. Get a fresh one for the next trip........

ab523769-17e7-4fd6-9c7b-439df2573bf4_1.651f3881c41c9b3b32744a0179a3b021.jpg