Just off the Royal Princess

oldgrouchuk

Hi fellow Cruisers,

I am about to embarqmail on my first major cruise and need to know from seasoned travelers just what TO BRING and just what NOT TO BRING!

We are heading out on the 30 day Grand Mediteranean Cruise from September 27th to October 27th.

Thanks so much- Ken

Hi fellow Cruisers,

I am about to embarqmail on my first major cruise and need to know from seasoned travelers just what TO BRING and just what NOT TO BRING!

We are heading out on the 30 day Grand Mediteranean Cruise from September 27th to October 27th.

Thanks so much- Ken

I would expect the weather to be fairly warm for most of the trip..for daytimes shorts or slacks, and short sleeve shirts and comfortable walking shoes. For evenings casual nights slacks and collared shirts and capris or slacks outfits for ladies. For formal night my husband now does sport coat and shirt/slacks and I do either a dress (not a gown) or dark slacks and dressy top (the Chicos Traveler type of clothes). There are coin op washers on board so you can do laundry yourself or send it out. You should also each pack a jacket if temps cool off and I always throw in a pashmina type wrap. We also both take warm up suits...good to throw on to go to breakfast and the top does double duty as a jacket during the day ashore if needed.

Thanks for the review. 33 days to Sail-a-way for us.:):)
58 days until our two cruises on the Royal are over for us and we start thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas and the next cruise on the Emerald Princess in April.

Thanks for the review. 33 days to Sail-a-way for us.:):)

Can't come soon enough.....:)

I feel your pain! I already have my suitcases pulled out and sitting in the spare bedroom ready to be loaded up with my new clothes! D

Don't worry Dave, we'll take good care of her bringing her across the pond for you.....:):):)

Bob

I would expect the weather to be fairly warm for most of the trip..for daytimes shorts or slacks, and short sleeve shirts and comfortable walking shoes. For evenings casual nights slacks and collared shirts and capris or slacks outfits for ladies. For formal night my husband now does sport coat and shirt/slacks and I do either a dress (not a gown) or dark slacks and dressy top (the Chicos Traveler type of clothes). There are coin op washers on board so you can do laundry yourself or send it out. You should also each pack a jacket if temps cool off and I always throw in a pashmina type wrap. We also both take warm up suits...good to throw on to go to breakfast and the top does double duty as a jacket during the day ashore if needed.

Since we are leaving two weeks earlier than we did in 2011, I am hoping for better weather. Back then it was cold windy and rain. We were several hours late departing from Venice due to the weather. For the rest of the trip, the weather wasn't much better.....:(

Bob

Hi fellow Cruisers,

Thanks so much- Ken

Comfortable walking shoes are a must.

Thanks. How much storage do the inside state rooms have? Do you recommend one type of suitcase over another?

On every cruise that we have taken, the suitcase fits underneath the beds perfectly. Or, if you prefer, you can store them in the closet area underneath your hanging clothes.

(This is for the larger, checked bag which measures 62",H+W+L)

Thanks. How much storage do the inside state rooms have? Do you recommend one type of suitcase over another?

Thanks for that information. Can you also be kind enough to tell me how much luggage will fit under the bed and in the closets?

The Rotal Princess cruise that we will be taking is 30 days long and we are concerned about bringing too much clothing and also concerned with bringing not enough...... Ken in New Jersey

Hi fellow Cruisers,

Thanks so much- Ken

Ken, you need to join your rollcall. There will be a lot of valuable info there and you will get to know people you are cruising with.

Perhaps starting a new thread here would be helpful. There are some great "packing" tips that others will give you under a thread for just that.

This thread is for responses to the OP's trip. I am not putting your questions down. They are good but should be answered, but in a separate thread.:):) JMHO

The Total Princess cruise that we will be taking is 30 days long and we are concerned about bringing too much clothing and also concerned with bringing not enough...... Ken in New Jersey

There are washers and dryers on board ($2 each), so you do not need to pack for 30 days. Use of an iron in the laundry room is free.

For a price, Pricness will do laundry and cleaning of clothes for you.

No one will care if you wear the same outfit multiple times.

If what you are bringing for one person does not fit into one suitcase, you are probably bringing more than you will need.

Thanks for that information. Can you also be kind enough to tell me how much luggage will fit under the bed and in the closets?

The Rotal Princess cruise that we will be taking is 30 days long and we are concerned about bringing too much clothing and also concerned with bringing not enough...... Ken in New Jersey

Ken, We were able to put three large (27") suitcases, one 21" rollaboard, and one rolling backpack under the bed. There was still room for steward to store the luggage mat there also. This years goal will be two large suitcases.

Chris

Archived