Please Explain VIFP Points

Feelin' Nauti'

April 27th, 2010

carnival-logo.gifEvery cruise line has a loyalty program and Carnival is no different. Carnival Cruises has the “flattest” past guest recognition loyalty program of all the cruise lines, with two tiers:

• On your second cruise with Carnival, you are upgraded to the Gold Member status of the Past Guest Recognition program.
  • On your 10th cruise, you are upgraded to the Platinum Member status of the Past Guest Recognition program.

That’s it! No strange schedules to remember, no points system to confuse you, no partners that let you earn points in strange ways – just look at the number of sailings and you know what tier you’re in. I wish more loyalty programs were as simple as Carnival’s Past Guest Recognition Program. So, what does the program get you?

That would have been nice. I could have been platinum in several years instead of the 15 years it might take me now.

April 27th, 2010

carnival-logo.gifEvery cruise line has a loyalty program and Carnival is no different. Carnival Cruises has the “flattest” past guest recognition loyalty program of all the cruise lines, with two tiers:

• On your second cruise with Carnival, you are upgraded to the Gold Member status of the Past Guest Recognition program.
  • On your 10th cruise, you are upgraded to the Platinum Member status of the Past Guest Recognition program.

That’s it! No strange schedules to remember, no points system to confuse you, no partners that let you earn points in strange ways – just look at the number of sailings and you know what tier you’re in. I wish more loyalty programs were as simple as Carnival’s Past Guest Recognition Program. So, what does the program get you?

That would have been nice. I could have been platinum in several years instead of the 15 years it might take me now.

Actually you are wrong. Second cruise you are red status and after 25 points you are upgraded to gold. If you would like to see a breakdown go to carnival.com and look in the right upper corner you will see vifp tab click on it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Quote:

Originally Posted by asalligo viewpost.gif

April 27th, 2010

Actually you are wrong. Second cruise you are red status and after 25 points you are upgraded to gold. If you would like to see a breakdown go to carnival.com and look in the right upper corner you will see vifp tab click on it.

asaillago was quoting the old, better, system, from 2010.

April 27th, 2010

This has changed.

Or you could have done 10 CTN's and had no more than 20 days. There is a lady on one of the Platinum threads who is one cruise away from "old Platinum" and has 72 days, while I just hit Platinum using the grandfather rules with 55 days. It'll be a long way to Diamond, though.

I'm at 55 days and 9 cruises with Carnival, I was able to squeeze one in for November,so I will reach platinum before the end of the year:)

I'm at 55 days and 9 cruises with Carnival, I was able to squeeze one in for November,so I will reach platinum before the end of the year:)

That was our plan, to get 2 cruises in before end of the year, burbit just didnt work out! :(. So we do our 9th Carnival cruise in November, but will only be at 52 days - long way to 75!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

Archived