Emerald...B753 or Caribe?

Cruise Junky

$200 for Baja 753 over a caribe balcony. Which would you pick? I understand the beam isn't too bad on 753. What's the balcony size difference? Opinions?

Thanks

I would take the caribe balcony. It is much larger and half in the shade.

$200 for Baja 753 over a caribe balcony. Which would you pick? I understand the beam isn't too bad on 753. What's the balcony size difference? Opinions?

Thanks

I was considering an upgrade to the very same cabin earlier this week but after some thought decided to stay with our Caribe cabin. We like the Caribe balcony cabins because of the additional space and the half shade half sun aspect. The extra $200 pp did not seem worth it to us. Now if I was on another deck in a regular balcony I think we would have gone with B753. Besides, we are on a TA and am not sure of how much use we will get out of a balcony during the crossing.

We did choose a cabin on starboard side so we would get the morning sun, hoping it will be warm enough to have breakfast out there.

Thanks

A no brainer for me. ANY true aft balcony trumps a Caribe side balcony in my opinion. I have had B753 and the beam was not an issue. All aft cabins have much larger balconies than the Caribe Deck. I have attached a picture of our view from B753! :)

1649359690_B753balcony.jpg.daa172975fc1edb5091d4014e9c3c21e.jpg

A no brainer for me. ANY true aft balcony trumps a Caribe side balcony in my opinion. I have had B753 and the beam was not an issue. All aft cabins have much larger balconies than the Caribe Deck. I have attached a picture of our view from B753! :)

Is it actually bigger than a Caribe? Princess's website is showing it's smaller and they now seem to be fairly accurate on their balcony measurements.

Is it actually bigger than a Caribe? Princess's website is showing it's smaller and they now seem to be fairly accurate on their balcony measurements.

If you look at the deck plan you can see all the aft balconies are larger than the side ones. Yes, B752 & B753 have the smallest of the aft balconies, but it is still a bit larger than side Caribe. I prefer to have a fully covered balcony. I don't like the so called half and half of Caribe. It is basically an exposed balcony, in my eyes. The aft balconies are so large, we were able to sit out on C752 during hurricane Sandy while the CB docked in Boston :D If you want a balcony the size of a dancefloor, go for B750 or B751!

http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=EP

If you look at the deck plan you can see all the aft balconies are larger than the side ones. Yes, B752 & B753 have the smallest of the aft balconies, but it is still a bit larger than side Caribe. I prefer to have a fully covered balcony. I don't like the so called half and half of Caribe. It is basically an exposed balcony, in my eyes. The aft balconies are so large, we were able to sit out on C752 during hurricane Sandy while the CB docked in Boston :D If you want a balcony the size of a dancefloor, go for B750 or B751!

Actually looking at the deck plan through the link the Caribe balconies look far larger than B753. Think I'll stay with what I have.

Definitely Caribe deck and cabin C752 has one of the best balcony cabins on the ship

Yeah, I know. I wouldn't be asking if it was C752 or her sister :)

My wife and I have C752 booked on Grand in May. Due to a sale we could have recently upgraded to a mini for very little more. We chose to stick with C752.

booked on Caribbean Princess in B749 out of Galveston to Western Caribbean. I see B750/B751 are listed as 'obstructed' while B749 is not. Would you switch? B750&B751 are available as are all the other Aft Balconies on this deck. (The Caribe balconies are booked.) B750/B751 are listed at 88 square feet and B749 is listed at 73.

This is our second cruise. Our first was on Freedom. Our aft balcony was 144 square feet. We may be spoiled.

Archived