Oasis Disembarkation in Port Everglades

I will be on the Oasis in a couple of weeks. Has anyone recently disembarked in Port Everglades? Did it take a long time to go through customs? I was on the Oasis back in January and everything was very smooth and on time but I have heard and read stories about delays after that time.

I will be on the Oasis in a couple of weeks. Has anyone recently disembarked in Port Everglades? Did it take a long time to go through customs? I was on the Oasis back in January and everything was very smooth and on time but I have heard and read stories about delays after that time.

We were on Oasis a few weeks ago and disembarkation went very smoothly, absolutely no delays. However I'm not sure what will happen when all of the other cruise ships return during the winter. Customs and Immigration will then need to handle 4 - 6 ships instead of 1 or 2. it will be anyones guess how long the delays will be this winter and it may vary from week to week.

We disembarked Oasis on August 31. There was no drama or anything but we definitely did not get off early. We had the very last disembarkation number (99) and we were called around 10:30. Windjammer closed at 8:30 and we had to be out of the room at 9. It was a long morning hanging out in OnAir with two kids and nothing to do.

Once we were called there was a long line at immigration, but it moved quickly. We were outside getting a cab around 11.

March of this year 4 agents were working for our Oasis cruise. It was a gong show.

Our cruise 2 weeks ago they had 7 agents working. It went smooth. We did luggage valet so we just walked to the customs line. We left our room floor at 8 am and were through security at the airport at 8:45am. Remember we did not have to find and schlep luggage and our boarding passes were already printed off.

I am not sure it will go this smooth in November when all the ships are back in port. We will have to wait and see.

Andrew

When on the Oasis in April, disembarkation was a huge hassle. There were only 3 lines open. They were doing it pretty fast, however when you have 6000+ passports to check, it cannot be THAT fast. we waited about 1.30 on the line, we were among the last groups of people leaving the ship.

Back then someone here posted a warning about Miami cutting the budget for immigration agents at the airport and most likely the same thing happened at the pier. Not sure if the situation has changed.

Other posters have recently reported no problems. Some have even reported self check-out and they were off he ship by 6:30am.

I was shocked how smoothly & fast the self-disembark was for us in January this year on IOS. Chatting with a staffer while waiting all of 5 minutes to be processed by TSA, we indicated we were considering either the Oasis or Allure next. She responded that their disembark process is even faster with a different sort of set up. :confused: Didn't have time to get elaboration on that statement though

Well the queues would go through a lot quicker if some pax concentrated on what they were actually doing! Thought I'd share our experience from a few weeks ago - I'm sure it's probably a common occurrence :p.

Last month disembarking from Oasis, we had two ladies in front of our party as we zigzagged through the customs queue. By the time we reached the immigration booths, they had increased their numbers to about 15 :eek:. Each time we got to the end of a line, they somehow smuggled another few of their friends under the barriers. I didn't mind the first few, but when it went on and on... it went past a joke. I did say something to one of the ladies (even though my DH told me to leave it :D) and she replied they were all in her party. Irritated, I did reply, "Well if that's the case, in future perhaps you should wait until the whole of your party is ready (complete with luggage) before joining the queue!"

I wasn't the only person she annoyed. She stopped directly having gone through customs, where she was told to keep moving by an Immigration Officer, and then she stopped again after going through the exit. At that stage, an angry Officer began blowing his whistle at her and instructed her to move herself and her belongings out of everyone's way!

So the morale of my experience, it's not always the process that's the problem ;).

Archived