Minibar/Stateroom Alcohol prices/availability

karenmart

Hi, all. Going on my first cruise with Oceania this winter, and I am trying to find info on alcohol for Verandah cabins (regular, not Concierge). My questions are:

1. Are there mini-bottles of alcohol for purchase in the room's minibar? (And if so, is there a price list anyone can point me to? or even a rough estimate of cost for the bottles?)

2. Can you order a bottle of liquor to be delivered to the room and added to your tab, then consume it in-cabin during the cruise?

I know about the alcohol packages, but they don't really suit us as we won't be drinking much. That being said, I like to have one or two drinks in the evening in-room, and would prefer to pour my own for convenience sake.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Welcome to cc.

The minibar used to have small bottles of liquor but on our last trip, the small bottles aren't there any more.

You do know Oceania lets you bring you own liquor on board for en suite. You can order booze for in room consumption, but just bring your own.

Thanks for the responses. There is just some element of uncertainty due to the wording of the alcohol policy, which I've found on several other threads here (something to the effect of "liquor must remain unopened and taken off the ship at the end of the cruise"). I will probably buy a bottle in duty free and just take it on. If they confiscate it, so be it, I guess. That's why I was asking about buying a bottle for in-room. If it's $10 or $20 more to buy the ship's bottle, rather than bring a bottle on board, I have no problem with that.

Thanks for the responses. There is just some element of uncertainty due to the wording of the alcohol policy, which I've found on several other threads here (something to the effect of "liquor must remain unopened and taken off the ship at the end of the cruise"). I will probably buy a bottle in duty free and just take it on. If they confiscate it, so be it, I guess. That's why I was asking about buying a bottle for in-room. If it's $10 or $20 more to buy the ship's bottle, rather than bring a bottle on board, I have no problem with that.

I would listen to the Oceania regulars on this. Also, I'm sure they have bottles available to buy but I'd be willing to bet they are going to be much, much more than $10 or $20 more than what the duty free ones would cost.

Last I checked a 1.75 ml bottle of Saphire, my favorite gin was $100, ~4 time regular price, if purchased for use in room. Same for good vodka, etc. Go look at the website for the embarkation gifts. FAR better to carry aboard!!

Butler or housekeeper will provide one.

Our stateroom attendant was amazing on the Marina (and we were not in a suite or concierge - just a lowly B4 veranda). He saw we had stashed a bottle of champagne bought in port 1/2 way through our cruise and when we came back from dinner, it was on ice and there were two champagne glasses. He also asked how often we needed ice (besides the typical 2x per day). We asked for 3 times (Morning, 4pm and then at turn-down) and he didn't blink an eye. Also, we had a wine opener with us, but I think there was one in the room as well. Further, he asked us what to stock the mini bar with in terms of mixers (for us it was coke zero (for DH's rum) and soda water (for my Sapphire gin)). It was always full of those beverages, plus bottles of water, and a few other things. Really fantastic. And every room receives more than enough bottled water than you can drink, in liter form.

Point of the story is, don't worry and bring what you like as you board and as you travel. It really isn't a problem at all so long as you drink it in your room/veranda. It's one of the many reasons why we have now signed up for our 2nd and 3rd cruises with Oceania!

Archived