Celebrity survey forms.

welshfamily

I have just completed a survey on our latest cruise.

For the first time in 8 cruises with Celebrity, taken over the past 5 years, I have made a negative comment.

Does Celebrity ever get back to customers re their comments?

Thank you

Yes they do. I've received a follow up e-mail or phone call after both positive and negative comments. Doesn't happen all the time, but it has happened.

I think it's pretty rare.

I would guess that some/many of us feel they are only there to make us feel like we have input...

Indeed, it is quite rare. In my experience about once in every 20 cruises. However, a letter to the company will yield a higher rate of response.

For the first time in 8 cruises with Celebrity, taken over the past 5 years, I have made a negative comment.

Thank you

I also filled out the end of cruise survey and for the first time made some negative, but I felt constructive, comments. This was back in April and I've stopped checking the post;)

Steve

Thank you

Yes - we have SOME negative things to say about all of our cruises (rarely complaints but 'constructive criticisms' we note on the survey) and in one case we later recv'd a phone call a few weeks after the crusie for additional info.

We've made critical comments on the end of cruise surveys and have never heard back from them. But we've almost always heard back when we've written a letter or emailed management - even if it was just by a customer service rep just acknowledging the issue.

We have at times found that a specific situation could be eleviated, and a better system be put in place. I always feel, that if you're going to criticize...have a solution in mind to hopefully help avoid the problem in the future. Random complaining rarely solves anything.

Those who have made critical comments what were the issues?

This could easily become a hijacking of the thread and I most certainly wouldn't want to see that happen, but you did ask a specific question. I will always discuss any problems I might encounter with the people on the ship who can address the problem. In several cases it was suggested that I place a comment on the questioner and perhaps write to Celebrity. The feeling was that the negative feedback could help them to get corporate support to address the problem. Two issues I have reported are the poor condition of towels and the music played beyond the pain threshold. I tend to write far more positive comments and list the names of specific crew members who should be recognized. I happy to report that a number of staff I've mentioned have been promoted. naturally, I wouldn't claim credit, but a well placed comment doesn't hurt.

We have always provided positive and constructive feedback and on 9 cruises never heard anything from celebrity. I would be more interested to know what they actually do with the comments and to share with guests things that they have done based on these.

I'd also love to see a list of the ones that made them laugh

Those who have made critical comments what were the issues?

For us mostly things like:

- Unable to hear announcements being made in the cabin - we should have the ability to hear the announcement on the TV if we want to turn it on.

- Issues we had with pre-cruise transportation

- Quality of shore excursions or even overall value of the port in one case

- Lighting issues in some of the lounges (many were way too dark last year)

For us mostly things like:

-

- Quality of shore excursions or even overall value of the port in one case

- )

I agree w/another poster that the survey is to make me feel that I can give input. IMHO, if Celebrity cared while I'm aboard, they'd give me the survey form before the last day of the cruise.

I prefer to deal with concerns while aboard the ship, rather than as I leave the ship.

A pet peeve is the overall value or execution of a shore excursion. We've encountered too many problems on Celebrity shore excursions. If I ever take another one, I'll be sure to request/demand a partial refund or credit as soon as I return to the ship from a tour that didn't deliver as expected. At a minimum, I want a disappointing tour recognized by the appropriate department.

Otherwise, positive remarks are submitted with Attention to Detail forms submitted when the service is rendered.

-Marisa

I agree w/another poster that the survey is to make me feel that I can give input. IMHO, if Celebrity cared while I'm aboard, they'd give me the survey form before the last day of the cruise....

This is what the Attention to Detail Form is for. Anyone having an issue that requires attention should ask for one of these, if there isn't one in their cabin, and fill it out. These usually get prompt attention and are designed to correct problems for the remainder of the cruise rather than stewing over a problem and reporting it afterwards.

I agree w/another poster that the survey is to make me feel that I can give input. IMHO, if Celebrity cared while I'm aboard, they'd give me the survey form before the last day of the cruise.

I prefer to deal with concerns while aboard the ship, rather than as I leave the ship.

A pet peeve is the overall value or execution of a shore excursion. We've encountered too many problems on Celebrity shore excursions. If I ever take another one, I'll be sure to request/demand a partial refund or credit as soon as I return to the ship from a tour that didn't deliver as expected. At a minimum, I want a disappointing tour recognized by the appropriate department.

Otherwise, positive remarks are submitted with Attention to Detail forms submitted when the service is rendered.

-Marisa

If I ever have an issue while on board (which I have) that was important enough to require immediate attention, trust me - we would not wait for the survey. We would speak to someone immediately. Luckily these are few and far between. To us, the survey is just a nice way for expressing our overall thoughts at the end of the trip. While a specific answer may not hold a lot of weight I truly believe they review these and make long term changes if there are trends on answers recv'd.

One problem is that many simply don't know about the "Attention to Detail" Card. Some think it's merely a complaint card. Some think that it's exclusively for praise. Its really both. I tend to use it for praise, leaving complaints for the person in charge. The crew appreciates receiving positive comments via the ATD card. The positive comments are read at meetings and often posted on the employee bulletin boards. Don't know if they post the complaints. These cards are often difficult to get. I've had cabin attendants telling me that I could get them from Guest Relations. I've gone to Guest relations and been directed back to my cabin attendant. They try to limit the number you can receive.

We have been on ships where Attention to detail cards were not available.

One positive comment card was posted in the crew area and the waiter and assistant maitre'd were pleased as punch.

Celebrity does not bother contacting me after negative comments because they have figured out that we will be back anyways.. ;)

We have been onboard B2B cruises where there is an announcement prior to general boarding about the score earned on the previous sailing. Scorecards are taken very seriously by Celebrity even though the comments are dissolved in sea salt....

YEMD

On my next to last Celebrity cruise I had two really WEIRD issues (both service issues). I felt as if I were in an alternate universe or something. They still make me shake my head, and was certainly not the Celebrity I'd come to know and love. I was very specific w/ my situations, and tried to be as factual as possible. I thought these were both "teaching moments" which was why I mentioned them. I was contacted by phone by a Celebrity rep. We went over the situations. I was not expecting (nor did I feel the situation warranted) any compensation. I just wanted Celebrity to be aware of a couple of things. I got a (IMO) LARGE OBC, as did my travel companion who didn't even fill out the survey. I even told the Celebrity rep that I didn't feel I "deserved" any compensation and that's not why I'd mentioned the situation.

Once on another cruise line, I had some very complimentary things to say as far as improvements. On my next cruise w/ them there was a whole bunch of stuff in my cabin on sail away. T-shirts, fancy canapés, chocolate covered strawberries and a really nice note.

Out of 60+ cruises those were the only 2 contacts, but I also think those were the only 2 times that I had a concrete, non-complaining type of comment, rather than just the "same old same old". And although I completely appreciated the goodies and OBC, the fact that I felt as if someone was paying attention was even more gratifying.

One really has to wonder about celebrity marketing....they seem to have no focus on retention. How hard (or expensive) would it be to acknowledge comment card comments...really, would this be a big hit to the bottom line?

Does someone actually read the 1500-2000 forms submitted on a cruise (probably less...many don't fill them out)....I doubt it. Perhaps they pull out a few at random. Who has time on board to read them, to summarize the issues? I spend some time thinking about my comments and I try to express them in a way that helps. But if no one reads...AND REACTS...why did I bother...why does anyone bother?

I really dislike some staff folks who say "you have to rate me excellent" or the equivalent. What is the value of a survey/questionnaire if someone tells you that you'll hurt them if you don't rate them excellent?

Comment cards can be wonderful input...you get some real information. I just don't have any confidence that anyone really reads them...and I'm really not sure that anyone who could make changes ever sees our comments.

Hope I'm wrong...perhaps if someone called me just once I'd change my mind and be more positive.

...Does someone actually read the 1500-2000 forms submitted on a cruise (probably less...many don't fill them out)....I doubt it. Perhaps they pull out a few at random. Who has time on board to read them, to summarize the issues? I spend some time thinking about my comments and I try to express them in a way that helps. But if no one reads...AND REACTS...why did I bother...

...I just don't have any confidence that anyone really reads them...and I'm really not sure that anyone who could make changes ever sees our comments....

Good points. I guess I've never thought about the sheer volume of these.

We too put a lot of thought and effort into our written comments. Perhaps these are better saved for post cruise letters/emails to corporate for both the praise and suggestions that go into our survey comments.

On our last cruise I was pretty upset about the lack of late entertainment after the show on the last formal night - normally a big night for us to enjoy the lounges. I wrote a long note but did it on my iPad and printed out a copy and included it with the survey comments. Months later I came across it and, since I never heard from anyone about it, I emailed it into management and got a couple detailed email responses back within a few days. Maybe this is the approach we should stick with if we're going to bother with these.

Thank you

I have gone on 3 Celebrity cruises and have been contacted by phone all 3 times about both positive and mildly negative comments. I was very impressed. I hope it is not just because I had booked 2 PH and a RS.....

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Forums mobile app

-Marisa

On my last 2 cruises I was given a "mid cruise" questionaire to surface any issues.....One time I had an issue with the bathoom and they fixed it within a few hours of turning it in......

I have gone on 3 Celebrity cruises and have been contacted by phone all 3 times about both positive and mildly negative comments. I was very impressed. I hope it is not just because I had booked 2 PH and a RS.....

It is assuradly because you booked a high end suite...

This is what the Attention to Detail Form is for. Anyone having an issue that requires attention should ask for one of these, if there isn't one in their cabin, and fill it out. These usually get prompt attention and are designed to correct problems for the remainder of the cruise rather than stewing over a problem and reporting it afterwards.

We were on the Summit a few weeks ago and wanted to fill in an Attention to Detail form and we were told that they didn't use them any more and anything we wanted to say should be written in the area provided for comments on the questionnaire.

Archived