Celebrity survey forms.

welshfamily

We were on the Summit a few weeks ago and wanted to fill in an Attention to Detail form and we were told that they didn't use them any more and anything we wanted to say should be written in the area provided for comments on the questionnaire.

I would email Corporate and tell them that is what you were told and ask them if this is the case. While it's been 6 months since our last cruise they've always had these on past cruises and even made a big deal about asking people to use them if they have a problem that isn't otherwise resolved. The whole purpose of the form was a strict follow up procedure by customer relations in order to fix problems ASAP so they are resolved before the end of your cruise so that you won't have an ongoing complaint at the end of your trip. The hotel directors in the past have made a point that they want people to use these to fix problems so they won't be end of cruise complaints. And here you are now being told that you need to live with your problem throughout the cruise and complain at the end - this makes no sense.

There is a lot of talk here on Cruise Critic about using the form to praise exceptional service. This is a great use for the form and I'm all for that and we use it that way ourselves. But the true purpose of the form was to report problems early so the staff has a chance to fix it well before the end of the cruise and avoid the negative feeling that would go with a customer's not being able to get a problem taken care of.

We were on the Summit a few weeks ago and wanted to fill in an Attention to Detail form and we were told that they didn't use them any more and anything we wanted to say should be written in the area provided for comments on the questionnaire.

Nonsense. On a recent cruise our cabin attendant came to the Cain to introduce himself. My wife asked him to only fill the fruit bowl with grapes. He said that grapes were not available. Of course they were and we did get them. He just didn't want to make the effort to get them. Suspect that this is what you experienced.

I only have one cruise on celebrity (Nov 2010 in a C2) and filled out the form with very positive comments about two staff members and negative comments about the head bartender. Received a call about 4 weeks after the cruise asking for details on the head bartender but nothing on the positive comments though. So they do look at them, but don't know what they flag to follow up.

We like, many of us know long term Celebrity employees. When we have communicated with them they have related direct quotes of comments that we have made about them from the various comment methods. Yes, sad but true, we think someone has the job of entering the readable comments. Some folks can actually type fast. We may be suckers, but we think they want to make their product better.

I really dislike some staff folks who say "you have to rate me excellent" or the equivalent. What is the value of a survey/questionnaire if someone tells you that you'll hurt them if you don't rate them excellent.

Some organizations don't average the ratings, they just count the "excellents" and consider anything less as zero.

I made a few negative comments a couple cruises ago and about 2weeks after got another very detailed survey to fill out. At the time I thought it might be related. At least it was satisfying to spell out the issues and make suggestions much more than on the shipboard comment card.

Nonsense. On a recent cruise our cabin attendant came to the Cain to introduce himself. My wife asked him to only fill the fruit bowl with grapes. He said that grapes were not available. Of course they were and we did get them. He just didn't want to make the effort to get them. Suspect that this is what you experienced.

We wanted to give recognition to two crew mmbers who had been extremely helpful in getting us a change of cabin due to a terrible smell in our original one. When we went to guest relations to ask for the Attention to Detail form to do so he told us they were no longer in use.

We wanted to give recognition to two crew mmbers who had been extremely helpful in getting us a change of cabin due to a terrible smell in our original one. When we went to guest relations to ask for the Attention to Detail form to do so he told us they were no longer in use.

When was your cruise? My last cruise was in May on Reflection and they were used at that time. I suggest writing a letter to Customer relations at Celebrity and letting them know about the situation and those crew members who were helpful. Will really help them in their career.

When was your cruise? My last cruise was in May on Reflection and they were used at that time. I suggest writing a letter to Customer relations at Celebrity and letting them know about the situation and those crew members who were helpful. Will really help them in their career.

We sailed on August 18th of this year. We did attach a letter to our guest survey complimenting the two staff members on the way they handled the situation.

We sailed on August 18th of this year. We did attach a letter to our guest survey complimenting the two staff members on the way they handled the situation.

You did the right thing by attaching a letter and the crew involved will benefit. My next cruise in on Silhouette in November so I'll see first hand if the ATD cards have been eliminated.

One really has to wonder about celebrity marketing....they seem to have no focus on retention. How hard (or expensive) would it be to acknowledge comment card comments...really, would this be a big hit to the bottom line?

Does someone actually read the 1500-2000 forms submitted on a cruise (probably less...many don't fill them out)....I doubt it. Perhaps they pull out a few at random. Who has time on board to read them, to summarize the issues? I spend some time thinking about my comments and I try to express them in a way that helps. But if no one reads...AND REACTS...why did I bother...why does anyone bother?

I really dislike some staff folks who say "you have to rate me excellent" or the equivalent. What is the value of a survey/questionnaire if someone tells you that you'll hurt them if you don't rate them excellent?

Comment cards can be wonderful input...you get some real information. I just don't have any confidence that anyone really reads them...and I'm really not sure that anyone who could make changes ever sees our comments.

Hope I'm wrong...perhaps if someone called me just once I'd change my mind and be more positive.

The comment cards go to the corporate office they are not read on board the ship. The cruise line goes out of there way to get us to fill out the cards some even have a drawing for a free cruise to make sure we fill them out and drop in the box. Maybe each one is not read but each one is scored and jobs do depend on our comments. Waiters have told me they have had tables taken away from them because of one bad comment. Good for them is not good it is poor they want excellent. Celebrity has 11 ships so they must get around 15,000 to 20,000 comment cards a week there is no way they can call us back or even take the time to write and address our issues. I have been on 59 cruises and never had a call but I bet if you write the President of the company you will get a letter back or maybe a call. :cool:

Archived