Error in Princess brochure

We received an advertising booklet from Princess in the mail that shows the World Cruise 2014, but they have made a mistake with the itinerary. I am posting this information in case someone is considering doing the cruise, or a segment, and haven't noticed the discrepancy.

The brochure shows this year's itinerary with the date and ship for next year. The main difference is that, after going through the Panama Canal, the booklet shows LA, 3 ports in Honololu, then Pago Pago, but next year's cruise goes to Manta, Callao (Lima), Easter Is, Pitcairn Is then Tahiti & Moorea before Pago Pago. Princess have confirmed this is correct.

In my opinion this is a more interesting itinerary than this year's one that goes via Hawaii. :)

.....next year's cruise goes to Manta, Callao (Lima), Easter Is, Pitcairn Is then Tahiti & Moorea before Pago Pago.

We did Easter Island and Pitcairn with HAL on a World Cruise segment which went from Valparaiso to Sydney.

You dont get the chance to visit these Islands very often , so I suggest to any serious cruiser , or adventurer , that this segment of the WC is well worth a look.

I suspect it may be very popular , and they may limit bookings of just that sector until the demand for the full WC is established.You may have to wait list.....even if you do book early for this one.

You don't get off at Pitcairn Island its only scenic cruising which is a shame. Its only wait-listing for that segment at the moment.

I assumed Pitcairn is just a 'drive-by' because the hours shown for that port are (from memory) 10am - 4pm.

I also assume passengers go ashore on Easter Island (naturally by tender). I have been on a land tour to Easter Island and found it very interesting.

You don't get off at Pitcairn Island its only scenic cruising which is a shame. Its only wait-listing for that segment at the moment.

If you do a google image search of Pitcairn you will see the only landing spot on the Island.....that will show why passengers do not go ashore.

However the locals ,weather permitting , come out to the ship on their longboat and come on board with their wares for sale.

The cruise ships that call are also used by the locals as "transport" . When we called ,a Govt Rep was on board and he and his Secretary went ashore on Official business. ...We heard later that the seas got up after we left and they had to sit in the longboat for 12 hours before being able to land.

Easter Island is quite "haunting". There is an airport there now so they are so isolated as Pitcairn.

Pitcairn is just a rock sticking out of the ocean . It is all cliffs falling into the sea . There are no beaches . The longboat has to be launched and retrieved by a crane.

If you do a google image search of Pitcairn you will see the only landing spot on the Island.....that will show why passengers do not go ashore.

However the locals ,weather permitting , come out to the ship on their longboat and come on board with their wares for sale.

The cruise ships that call are also used by the locals as "transport" . When we called ,a Govt Rep was on board and he and his Secretary went ashore on Official business. ...We heard later that the seas got up after we left and they had to sit in the longboat for 12 hours before being able to land.

Easter Island is quite "haunting". There is an airport there now so they are so isolated as Pitcairn.

Pitcairn is just a rock sticking out of the ocean . It is all cliffs falling into the sea . There are no beaches . The longboat has to be launched and retrieved by a crane.

This intinerary is one that I want to do eventually. Perhaps coupled with a west coast of South America cruise. Thanks for the info.:D

Archived