3 for Free - dinner?

phabric

With Princess' promotion 3 For Free includes a dinner for 2 at a speciality restaurant, it says they will make a reservation for you.

We will be on the Emerald and like to go on a sea day and not late.

Will we be able to change it? Or, is it a voucher they give you?

Has anybody had this before?

With Princess' promotion 3 For Free includes a dinner for 2 at a speciality restaurant, it says they will make a reservation for you.

I found this strange also, our princess rep said they Pick the restaurant

and make the reservation for you. I would call princess and ask what the stipulations are for the promotion.

Since I booked my cruise at a lower price than the 3 for Free we decided not to take advantage of this promotion

and make the reservation for you. I would call princess and ask what the stipulations are for the promotion.

Since I booked my cruise at a lower price than the 3 for Free we decided not to take advantage of this promotion

I would think Princess has to assign a reservation in order to match the number of passengers dining at any given time to the capacity of the specialty restaurants.

Nobody can report on this because it's brand new. I just acquired it for two cruises. I'm sure you will be able to do a time change, if not a day/restaurant change. Me? I don't really care what they assign. It's a bonus and I like it.

I called to ask about this and was told that if you were unable to dine on the day/time you were assigned that you could change it. Of course, that was a Princess rep who told me that so I'm not sure how much truth there is to that answer since they often give out incorrect information.

We too have the 3 for Free promotion. We will be on Golden Princess in July - 10 of us (4 are children) so how will this work for us with 3 cabins. Our reservations are linked together.

Just a thought. Are you going to pay for the 4 children to eat in a specialty restaurant? And the other two? Only 2 people per cabin get the freebie.

Just a thought. Are you going to pay for the 4 children to eat in a specialty restaurant? And the other two? Only 2 people per cabin get the freebie.

That's a good point....the 2 adults in each cabin are ok. Not sure about the 4 kids...maybe the kids club or take them and pay or ??? TBD ? How old do children need to be to go to kids club? (I'm getting mixed up with the Disney cruise we're going on this Fall that has the nursery).

I called to ask about this and was told that if you were unable to dine on the day/time you were assigned that you could change it. Of course, that was a Princess rep who told me that so I'm not sure how much truth there is to that answer since they often give out incorrect information.

Just speculating here but it might work this way - Princess initially assigns it for you. If you don't like it, you might be able to change it upon availability.

From what I understand, this is all true. If you don't like the time/venue that is assigned, you can request something different depending on availability. And since it is a voucher, if you don't want to use it, you can turn it in for the equivalent OBC.

That's a good point....the 2 adults in each cabin are ok. Not sure about the 4 kids...maybe the kids club or take them and pay or ??? TBD ? How old do children need to be to go to kids club? (I'm getting mixed up with the Disney cruise we're going on this Fall that has the nursery).

The minimum for kids club is three and potty trainedif they're unattended. Two year olds can go but a parent has to be with them all the time.

The specialty restaurants also have age requirements. Used to be nobody under 10, unless they changed it.

By any chance did you ask your TA about this promotion? We also booked the lowest fare for Ocean Princess in Sept. of next year. We were already booked. I called and asked. We did not qualify for any upgrade but our travel agent was still able to get us the free dinner and OBC. A bit extra spending money is always nice. :) As Pia said we did not have to re book and it did not change our fare in any way,

The price you paid for the cruise has nothing whatsoever to do with the promotion. Just ask for it. You do not have to rebook to get it.

When I talked to the Princess rep, I was told that if the assigned restaurant or time didn't work for us, we should contact the Maitre d' to see if it could be changed. I was told it was at his discretion and there was no guarantee of a change.

We too have the 3 for Free promotion. We will be on Golden Princess in July - 10 of us (4 are children) so how will this work for us with 3 cabins. Our reservations are linked together.

When you are on the ship ask if the kids get a special price for the speciality restaurants...we recently took our grandsons on the Star and it was 1/2 price for 12 and under. Then you all can enjoy dining together. If the kids so not want to go to the restaurant, they can stay in the kids zone if 3 & up (6 pm - 10 pm). Hope this helps. :)

When I talked to the Princess rep, I was told that if the assigned restaurant or time didn't work for us, we should contact the Maitre d' to see if it could be changed. I was told it was at his discretion and there was no guarantee of a change.

Thats not surprising that the CSR's are dumping it on the MD already! :eek:

I can't for each ship to come up with their own way of handling this.

I don't think anyone is dumping anything on the MD. The fine print says Princess will make the reservation on your behalf. Sound to me like it's more a matter of crowd control Just trying to fill in the blank spaces. Each ship will have to do that. I'm sure if it doesn't work for someone they will try and work it out.

From what I understand, this is all true. If you don't like the time/venue that is assigned, you can request something different depending on availability. And since it is a voucher, if you don't want to use it, you can turn it in for the equivalent OBC.

I so hope this is correct, I would much rather have the extra OBC.

Is there something in writing that says you can turn it in for the equivalent OBC? Just curious.

http://www.princess.com/cruisedeals/threeforfree.jsp#disclaimer

Check out the fine print at the bottom of the above web page for further information on credit in lieu of the dinner. It appears that all you have to do is not use the voucher and Princess will "convert" it to obc at the end of the cruise and apply it to your shipboard bill.

http://www.princess.com/cruisedeals/threeforfree.jsp#disclaimer

Check out the fine print at the bottom of the above web page for further information on credit in lieu of the dinner. It appears that all you have to do is not use the voucher and Princess will "convert" it to obc at the end of the cruise and apply it to your shipboard bill.

Are you talking about this statement?

Princess has the right to substitute for an onboard credit of equal value, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise.

If so it doesn't really say that you can get a credit if you do not use it. It sounds to me that Princess has to give the credit. Not sure how. Maybe if they are too busy with paying guests and can't fit you in??????????

Maybe if they are too busy with paying guests and can't fit you in??????????

Or just have to many people with this benefit to be able to fit them all in.

If 3100 people on a seven day cruise have this benefit, then over 400 people a night would have to be served.

Archived