Home Port and Colon 2000

purduemom1

If I understand correctly Home Port is used by RCCL and Celebrity and I would like to know where it is in relation to Colon 2000. Are they connected in some way? Which port has the better shopping (not the usual junk but locally made items)? Would prefer to shop in Panama City but it that will not be possible on the excursion we are taking. Thanks

Trying to do the picture vs a 1000 words thing.... but I can't answer your question completely. The two facilities are very close to each other, but I don't know how they are connected. I thought I saw a walkway between the two but I don't want to be the farm on it. Also it is my understanding that if you are only ship in Colon on the day you are there, they will dock at the Colon 2000 pier. In any event they are not far apart physically. I would think that the "better" shopping would be over at the mall that is basically connected with the Colon 2000 pier. Hope this helps.

33b23uv.png

Thanks, BillB48! Ours will be the only ship in port. The picture really does explain the relationship of the 2 ports.

While searching these forums, I came across an older post that, if I recall correctly, was yours, mentioning an ex pat who sells his shirts at the port. I wonder if he is still doing that?

Thanks again for the answer to my questions.

Thanks, BillB48! Ours will be the only ship in port. The picture really does explain the relationship of the 2 ports.

While searching these forums, I came across an older post that, if I recall correctly, was yours, mentioning an ex pat who sells his shirts at the port. I wonder if he is still doing that?

Thanks again for the answer to my questions.

As far as I know he is still, have not heard anything about/from him in over a year... but that is not unusual. He would be very easy to spot, tall, longish blond hair, although it was thinning a bit, picture the quintessential surfer. Oh yes, he has a web site so you can browse his offerings, he had more to offer at the pier. If you find something you like, it probably would be better to wait and contact him at the pier. Past experience he does not monitor the web site all that much.

http://www.matthewtomlet.com/index.html

Trying to do the picture vs a 1000 words thing.... but I can't answer your question completely. The two facilities are very close to each other, but I don't know how they are connected. I thought I saw a walkway between the two but I don't want to be the farm on it. Also it is my understanding that if you are only ship in Colon on the day you are there, they will dock at the Colon 2000 pier. In any event they are not far apart physically. I would think that the "better" shopping would be over at the mall that is basically connected with the Colon 2000 pier. Hope this helps.

33b23uv.png

Thanks for the great picture of the docks in Colon. We will be in Colon on November 16th on Legend of the Seas. Now I am wondering where we will dock as Vision of the Seas will be in port the same day.

Bill

Without going and looking, I think that the Vision is doing 7 day cruises ot of Colon this winter, that's when they would use the Home Port pier. I'm just making an educated (?) guess here because I believe that facility is set up to process passengers who are at the embark portion of their cruise. The Legend would just making a port call and the Colon 2000 facility would certainly lend it self to that.

As far as the pic of Colon.... it really doesn't look to bad at a distance;):D! It's the up close that's a problem!! Don't let it put you off, there's lots of neat stuff to see at the Canal stop. The transit will be the icing on the cake!

• 3 months later...

I just saw him there.

Jen

As far as I know he is still, have not heard anything about/from him in over a year... but that is not unusual. He would be very easy to spot, tall, longish blond hair, although it was thinning a bit, picture the quintessential surfer. Oh yes, he has a web site so you can browse his offerings, he had more to offer at the pier. If you find something you like, it probably would be better to wait and contact him at the pier. Past experience he does not monitor the web site all that much.

http://www.matthewtomlet.com/index.html

Glad to hear he's still there:)!

I intended to post this right after returning from our cruise. Matt's stand is located right by the entrance/exit to and from the ship. I purchased some shirts from him and mentioned your recommendation. He was very appreciative although he wasn't sure who I was talking about. Anyway, he and his young son were very pleasant to do business with and his shirts are reasonably priced. Thanks again for the tip.

Sharon