Back from the Breeze, never again.

rucruisn2

My DH went on the Breeze in April with DD's and loved it. So, the two of us went on the 9/8 sailing, just off today. What a change since April. First of all, before going I had read on this message board about a sewage smell in the aft part of the ship. Since our cabin was in the aft, I called Carnival to inquire about this and was assured the problem was fixed. Not so. I could smell it as soon as we got in the hall and worse in our cabin (7440)

Called guest services and they said they would send someone up to check. Well, no one came so we went out for lunch and to explore. After lifeboat drill, I told DH it smelled awful in here. (had already unpacked because we were told ship was sold out) so we went down to guest services to talk in person. They went up to the cabin and agreed with us and said they could move us to 9220, in front of ship. Great!

After the repacking and then unpacking again we set out to enjoy the ship.

Dinner was great on service, lacking in food. DH said it was much changed from April. Nothing was bad, just nothing was GOOD. This trend continued every day. Buffet was barely edible, scrambled eggs looked like scrambled eggs, but had 0 flavor. Bread and rolls looked good, but weren't. And so it went every where ever we ate.

The ship's windows were caked in salt and we could barely see out of them. Especially in the dining room. They have built in sprinklers to wash them but apparently never use them. I wonder why?

The shows have gone from a big production cast in April to 6 people now. Set designs now are all lighting with animated character's singing. Not enjoyable.

After returning this morning a friend told me about the new 110 percent money back guarantee, I called Carnival. Lady listened to me and said, " well, you would have had to get off the ship to qualify, and since you didn't, nothing we can do" How could I know about this when it just started???? Gee, I thought they would like to know, but I guess not.

I know many recent cruisers rave about Carnival, and I respect their opinions. I just didn't like it. For the record, I am not new to cruising, having over 40 cruises under my belt, but this was just my second on Carnival.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise. When we were on the Breeze in March, 2013, there was not a big production either, just the six or so performers and the high tech effects. I didn't care for that, so I did skip the other production shows. The show the last night was good and so was the entertainment at the Past Guest Party.

Otherwise, we had a good cruise. There are lots of options out there for future cruises, may the next be a better one for you.

Sorry for the bad experience at your expense. I too have been on the Breeze a few times and agree with you about the food and the sewage smell in the aft of the ship . And agree again on animated character's singing. Not enjoyable at all ,what a waste . we didn't even bother with the shows this last cruise . Carnival customer service is lacking and has been for awhile now. Sure I will cruise with carnival again, but then again I know where to book my room and what to expect ;)

The scrambled eggs were exactly the same in April, made out of box for convenience.

I go to the dining room and get them made the way I like or stand in the egg line, as I dont like the scrambled eggs either.

Maybe your husband and dd were not as picky as when it was just the two of you? Its not even a issue to me as you can get them made the way you want rather easily. I got off the Miracle about a week ago and stood in line to get my eggs cooked how I wanted from regular eggs.

No change for years and years here, same last April.

We were on the Breeze last month & loved it. As far as the eggs, I never trust scrambled eggs in a buffet. If it is too busy to get an omelet, I tend to have the hard boiled eggs. Sorry you did not have a great experience.

I've had scrambled eggs in buffets in places like Kissimmee Fl and the worst was moderate (just don't like em runny). If can't add salt and pepper to em and make em decent, it's a problem. How in the world do you mess up scrambled eggs:confused:

My DH went on the Breeze in April with DD's and loved it. So, the two of us went on the 9/8 sailing, just off today. What a change since April. First of all, before going I had read on this message board about a sewage smell in the aft part of the ship. Since our cabin was in the aft, I called Carnival to inquire about this and was assured the problem was fixed. Not so. I could smell it as soon as we got in the hall and worse in our cabin (7440)

Called guest services and they said they would send someone up to check. Well, no one came so we went out for lunch and to explore. After lifeboat drill, I told DH it smelled awful in here. (had already unpacked because we were told ship was sold out) so we went down to guest services to talk in person. They went up to the cabin and agreed with us and said they could move us to 9220, in front of ship. Great!

Dinner was great on service, lacking in food. DH said it was much changed from April. Nothing was bad, just nothing was GOOD. This trend continued every day. Buffet was barely edible, scrambled eggs looked like scrambled eggs, but had 0 flavor. Bread and rolls looked good, but weren't. And so it went every where ever we ate.

The ship's windows were caked in salt and we could barely see out of them. Especially in the dining room. They have built in sprinklers to wash them but apparently never use them. I wonder why?

The shows have gone from a big production cast in April to 6 people now. Set designs now are all lighting with animated character's singing. Not enjoyable.

After returning this morning a friend told me about the new 110 percent money back guarantee, I called Carnival. Lady listened to me and said, " well, you would have had to get off the ship to qualify, and since you didn't, nothing we can do" How could I know about this when it just started???? Gee, I thought they would like to know, but I guess not.

I know many recent cruisers rave about Carnival, and I respect their opinions. I just didn't like it. For the record, I am not new to cruising, having over 40 cruises under my belt, but this was just my second on Carnival.

Someone just wrote a review and they spent alot of time in the aft of the ship and never smelled the sewage smell at all.

Thanks for the heads up. Will be on the Breeze in two weeks and can't wait to be on vacation.

I can always find some thing to eat and can always find entertainment. I would have a hard time with the smell and glad they were able to move you.

My expectations for Carnival is that they feed me, clean my room, entertain me in some way, take me to places I have never been or maybe not often and wash my clothes (platinum so free laundry) and last, be somewhat friendly.

Any thing over that is a bonus! I am not cooking, cleaning or working. Perfect!

Hope you have a better cruise the next time out.

Well, since the shows were the same back in April as they are now I'm not sure how the production could have changed.

I do agree on the eggs, that's why I always go to the omelet station and order eggs the way I like them. I would recommend you give it a try if you go Carnival next time.

Never experienced the sewage smell last January and hope not to this next January.

I was on the Breeze last month. My cruise had the horrible sewage smell. I also smelled it in my cabin, although it was not so bad that I requested to switch rooms. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your cruise. I also found the breakfast buffet to be lacking, but I am not a fan of breakfast buffets, especially the scrambled eggs, in general. You can get freshly made scrambled eggs at the omelet station.

The Breeze was probably my least favorite cruise experience so far, but I still had a good time. I personally do not like the Dream class ships. I just think there are too many people and the staff cannot handle it. I just got back from the Liberty today, and I thought it was much better than the Breeze.

Sorry you didn't like your cruise. I was the Breeze the sailing before yours and had a great time! As far as the money back guarantee, Carnival has had this for awhile as long as you let them know before you get to your first port of call and get off the ship you were guaranteed a refund.

Edited by Ms. Fun Bunch

Sorry you had such a bad time....we just got off the ship 9/8/13 and the only thing we experienced was the sewage smell when we walked on the aft deck (lower) Food was very good and always hot....i didn't go to the shows but knew ahead they were 6 person shows. The bread was good and the scrambled eggs i only had once but they were just okay as they always taste the same over the years to me. And the windows were clean in the dining room and at everyport they were always cleaning windows and touching up the paint on the hull.....Beautiful ship ....my new favorite now over the Miracle! Best service i had also over the past 4 or 5 years!

Edited by JerseyshoreBruce

I've had scrambled eggs in buffets in places like Kissimmee Fl and the worst was moderate (just don't like em runny). If can't add salt and pepper to em and make em decent, it's a problem. How in the world do you mess up scrambled eggs:confused:

By using powdered egg mix instead of real eggs.

I loved the Breeze and had none of the problems that you did. Oh, except the scrambled eggs, they are not real eggs. Just did not eat them again. We are all different and see things differently. I have seen reviews that go from "Hate" to "Love" the Breeze. My experience was wonderful and I can't wait to sail again in December.

I wonder how long Carnival would stay in business if every passenger was allowed to complete their cruise, come home, and get a 110% refund? Have you considered that your expectation is unreasonable?

Every cruise line is not a good fit for every passenger. Perhaps a land-based vacation would better suit your needs. If you found something not to your liking on land, you could more easily get up and leave. Part of the cruise experience is taking things as they come and adapting when things don't go as planned. And you can bet that on a cruise ship, things don't always go as planned. Some of my most interesting cruises were the ones where things didn't go as planned. And even when something ends up unfavorably, I still think Carnival offers the best value at sea.

I'm sorry you were not satisfied. I hope things work out better for you on your next vacation.

I am so sorry your vacation didn't meet with your expectations!

Now you got me worried, specifically about the "kid size" toilet. I presume you mean the toilet in your cabin? If so, was the toilet "adult size" when you cruised on the Breeze in April, which you seemed to enjoyed so much? We don't have too many cruises under our belt maybe someone else on here can enlighten me here, want to make sure I pick a cabin with the right sized toilet next time.

We were on the Valor a few months ago (Southern Caribbean) and had a blast. We always had our eggs made to order at the omelet station, all good and hardly waited more than 5 minutes in line.

We are booked on the Breeze in December and I hope everything works out better than what you had experienced.

The last time I sailed on Carnival I also had "minor issues" with the food and entertainment.

I'm not saying we went hungry...but, the fruit wasn't ripe & french toast at the buffet tasted like cardboard. In addition, the singer in the atrium couldn't carry a tune.

I wouldn't say "never again" based on those things. I'm realistic. Carnival cannot deliver a high quality product at such "value conscious" rates.

However, ship maintenance should be maintained at high standards. A bad smell can make the cabin uninhabitable.

I guess it is hit or miss on the Breeze....I sailed the same cruise as Cherbear and my cabin was in the aft (no one ever mentioned sewage smell on posts before I booked and cruised). Unfortunately the sewage smell was pretty awful at times. I had a meeting with the hotel manager and she explained it happens "when the wind is blowing a certain way". I have also "smelled it on other ships but never like this.

They were unable to move us but offered to compensate us.

I too agree with the "big" production entertainment. I went to one show and that was it...just not like it used to be...but that was Ok...there are a lot of other entertainment to enjoy on the ship.

As for the eggs....I have known that for along time about the powdered eggs....i don't mind standing on line for an omelet....

A good friend is considering the Breeze, so I will let her know what you said about being aft. I know this is not a review, but telling us something- so I have no idea what people are complaining about here. Thanks for the info. And everyone knew about the eggs. I order something that has to be actually created and cooked, liked fried eggs.:)