Freedom Fragments....and RUMORS

Merion_Mom

LOL...they are currently finishing a new park and welcome center. They did not build this for cargo ships and emergency stops. Now in the future new parking, shopping and a new pier are approved to be built. Port Canaveral will be the largest cruise port in Florida soon. Go to Florida today dot com and read up on the weekly news about the plans if you doubt. My personal thoughts are the Anthem will home port in Port Canaveral.

Just what we need is another big ship out of Florida. If so, hopefully it does not do the same boring routes.

From Friday 9/20 Florida Today.......Port commissioners gave preliminary approval for a site near the port's Cove restaurant & nightlife district to build a cruise terminal and parking garage complex that would be able to handle the largest cruise ships. The vote was 4-1. Cost estimates are $80 million. A cargo pier area will be eliminated to accommodate the new terminal. Preliminary plans call for a 2 story 162,700 sq foot cruise terminal & a three level 750 car parking garage that could open as early as November 2014. This seems bigger than a new cargo facility.

The local fisherman are making noise because they have been told to find a new home for their boats. Also the local restaurants along the pier are squawking as they say the new traffic will upset their current customer base due to increased traffic and security. I am sure once they fill up with cruise passengers they will sing a different tune.

LOL...they are currently finishing a new park and welcome center. They did not build this for cargo ships and emergency stops. Now in the future new parking, shopping and a new pier are approved to be built. Port Canaveral will be the largest cruise port in Florida soon. Go to Florida today dot com and read up on the weekly news about the plans if you doubt. My personal thoughts are the Anthem will home port in Port Canaveral.

I agree with you that there is no way PC would be doing all this work without getting a new ship based there permanently or at least semi permanently.

I don't think Anthem will be home ported there. There was very strong indications that she will be based out of Southhampton. There were many posts in the Quantum sub forum where there had her showing up in port schedules in Europe for the summer of 2015. I could see her spending spring, summer and fall doing Europe and winters out of PC but not year round. She was designed as a cols weather ship. It would seem foolish to then base her in Florida year round. Maybe OasisIII. Who knows?

Here are the Richard Spacey updates:

He will be on the Freedom until 12/22/13.

He will stay on Quantum from take-out "for just a couple of months."

Then he starts preparing for Anthem. After that, Oasis III.

I hate to ask but do you know if he is heading back to Freedom after 12/22/13. I assume he will have 2 months vacation and then back to the Freedom?

I agree with you that there is no way PC would be doing all this work without getting a new ship based there permanently or at least semi permanently.

I don't think Anthem will be home ported there. There was very strong indications that she will be based out of Southhampton. There were many posts in the Quantum sub forum where there had her showing up in port schedules in Europe for the summer of 2015. I could see her spending spring, summer and fall doing Europe and winters out of PC but not year round. She was designed as a cols weather ship. It would seem foolish to then base her in Florida year round. Maybe OasisIII. Who knows?

Agreed. I should not have said home ported instead I should have said seasonally based.

Here are the Richard Spacey updates:

He will be on the Freedom until 12/22/13.

He will stay on Quantum from take-out "for just a couple of months."

Then he starts preparing for Anthem. After that, Oasis III.

Thank you! I will update the CD list

Ken has confirmed that Richard (and Ken) will be on Quantum from take-out until the beginning of January 2015 when Jimmy Rhodes takes over.

I hate to ask but do you know if he is heading back to Freedom after 12/22/13. I assume he will have 2 months vacation and then back to the Freedom?

Also, Richard confirmed a while ago, when he said that Mike Hunnerup will be covering his break (end of Dec thru end of Feb), that Richard will likely be doing another contract on Freedom before moving over to Quantum (so like end of Feb till end of June), followed by two months off, and then over to Quantum at the end of Aug/beginning of Sept till the holidays 2014-15

You would rather they be stationed in Georgia so they would have even less routes to choose from for 3 and 7 day trips?

Hate to see Voyager and Freedom class ships leave. And more importantly tired of same old routes. Hate to have to go to Princess, HAL, NCL, and Celebrity to get new ports.

Carol, congratualtions on your retirement. You sure know how to celebrate! Enjoy every moment in good health.

Look below my signature. You can see when our next cruise is. Ummm isn't Bayonne in driving distance from where you are??? No need to fly !! Subtle way of saying... join us, please!

Is Clint Holmes the headliner that plays on Tueasday. I believe MO5AIC and Re:Voiced have been the headliner on that night on previous Freedom cruises this year. How long will Clint be on - we'll be on the Freedom in October!

I can't tell you how long entertainers will be on.

But this second half of a B2B are far more similar than most.

Main comedian this week is the same one who performed at the end of last week. Interestingly, his show was better the second time because the audience was much more responsive.

Obviously the two production shows are the same as last week.

Magic show is the same.

Headliner is the same.

That's a lotta sameness!!!

Windjammer report:

I have eaten dinner in the WJ the past two nights.

EXCELLENT food both times.

No honey stung chicken for boarding day lunch. Told by worker that they don't have it any more.

It was in the WJ for dinner last night. ;)

FABULOUS beef satay with peanut sauce on Monday.

FANTASTIC lamb soup on Tuesday.

Excellent service from WJ staff.

450 D, D+ & P on board.

1700 C&A.

Lounges seriously overcrowded.

DL overflow is 7 hearts card room and the one next to it - name eludes me at this moment.

Rahul and Bertie are both great concierges.

Sounds like our cruise.

I like Katie a lot too! Personality galore.

Battle of the Sexes advice to potential participants:

Playing while drunk: potentially humorous

Playing while seriously stupid: definitely NOT humorous.

JMO, of course.

Lol... alas, one condition is generally easier to avoid or remedy than the other... as the old joke goes, tomorrow the first ones will be sober, but the others will still be seriously stupid...:)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Archived