One more southwest question

mamaboss

Sorry to beat this topic to death. I received so much good info about Southwest in an earlier thread that I can't find. I have booked my first flight on Southwest but am not too happy with the flight times. I keep watching for better flights but have no idea how to change it once I find one. I looked around the site and see a "change reservation" button. After I click it what is there? Will it show me a list of flights to choose from? If I choose a less expensive flight does the credit automatically go on each persons acct? I am thankful for any experiences with this.:o

Sorry to beat this topic to death. I received so much good info about Southwest in an earlier thread that I can't find. I have booked my first flight on Southwest but am not too happy with the flight times. I keep watching for better flights but have no idea how to change it once I find one. I looked around the site and see a "change reservation" button. After I click it what is there? Will it show me a list of flights to choose from? If I choose a less expensive flight does the credit automatically go on each persons acct? I am thankful for any experiences with this.:o

This has been discussed many times around here, but I'll bite. You'll be prompted to enter new dates (but it will default to your already reserved date I believe). Just keep it on the date of your current flight and click continue. It'll list your flights. If the new flight you want is cheaper, you'll get a credit (not a refund, unless it's a refundable fare, which it probably isn't if it's a Wanna Get Away fare). That credit is good for one year FROM THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE (not the new booking date or the date of travel), for the originally ticketed passenger only (not like the old days when you could give your credit to anybody you wanted). If the fare is higher, you'll be prompted for credit card info for the fare difference.

Are you hoping to find additional flights from what you initially booked? I wasn't aware that Southwest added any flights to their schedules once they were posted. Is this something new?

Yeah, OP, if you're hoping for changes in the Southwest schedule down the road, it isn't likely to happen (for flights that are already listed and bookable). However, if you have access to the current schedule and know there is a specific flight you want to change to, it's easy.

Archived