Royal Family Suite on the Grandeur

MS52

Can anyone who has stayed in the RFS on the Grandeur tell me about the suite? Pictures to share? I did a search but wherever there was a link to pictures, it seemed to have expired and they weren't available.

Are the bedroom separate rooms? Or are they just divided by a curtain from the main living area?

Please tell all!!

thanks

Hello Maryann ~

My husband and I had booked a Junior Suite on Grandeur in 2010 and were upgraded to a Royal Family Suite cabin 8084 corner aft

Here is a link to our photos of that amazing cabin. Thank you upgrade fairy.

https://picasaweb.google.com/emmysoo1/20100912GrandeurOfTheSeas#5887862796468742306

Can anyone who has stayed in the RFS on the Grandeur tell me about the suite? Pictures to share? I did a search but wherever there was a link to pictures, it seemed to have expired and they weren't available.

Are the bedroom separate rooms? Or are they just divided by a curtain from the main living area?

Please tell all!!

thanks

The bedrooms are two separate rooms the master bedroom with an ensuite back and another bathroom in the hallway just off the second bedroom.

Thanks so much. Exactly what I was looking for. It looks like you even have the same itinerary that we have.

You're welcome :) Just looking at booking her itinerary to Bermuda for next summer. Anxious to see her upgrades. Beautiful smaller ship.

there was a $50 price drop on the RFS - it is after final payment for the cabin so we didn't get the OBC but we did get to upgrade for free.

Thanks to Emmy's pics we did upgrade for our next cruise.

You will LOVE it You're welcome Enjoy Would love to see pics since her upgrading :)

Hello Maryann ~

My husband and I had booked a Junior Suite on Grandeur in 2010 and were upgraded to a Royal Family Suite cabin 8084 corner aft

https://picasaweb.google.com/emmysoo1/20100912GrandeurOfTheSeas#5887862796468742306

Wonderful pictures and thanks for posting. Can you confirm that the second bedroom has two murphy beds as well.

Thanks.

I have stayed in this room and the second bedroom has twin beds than can be put together and there is an upper bunk over each twin bed that will be left folded up when not in use.

Thank you. That is the general description of this stateroom holding 8 but the Grandeur site description indicates a murphy bed in the living room to hold 7 - which I assumed was incorrect. I appreciate your confirmation as we are reserving 8084 for next summer.

The sofa in the living room opens into a bed. But it was very uncomfortable- at least for me. It was very hard. Maybe they put new sofas in there.

Plus if someone has to sleep in the living room and wants to go to bed then you have to stay out of that room. We liked having the living room to sit and read or watch tv at night so we were lucky we didn't need to use it.

It's true that you could sleep 8 in that room but with only two bathrooms for 8 people I would never want to try that:D.

It's our favorite room on the ship.

Edited by dixieva

The sofa in the living room opens into a bed. But it was very uncomfortable- at least for me. It was very hard. Maybe they put new sofas in there.

Plus if someone has to sleep in the living room and wants to go to bed then you have to stay out of that room. We liked having the living room to sit and read or watch tv at night so we were lucky we didn't need to use it.

It's true that you could sleep 8 in that room but with only two bathrooms for 8 people I would never want to try that:D.

It's our favorite room on the ship.

Thanks for the insight. We will have 7 - but one is our young grandson. I think we can balance the spaces OK and maybe only have one adult child on the sofa. Was your experience pre-refurb? Maybe the sofa bed has been upgraded? Either way, I appreciate the information.

It was before the re-furb so that's why I said maybe they replaced the sofa.

I have to say I have never found a sofa bed on any cruise ship to be comfortable. But if you are young enough it might not matter.

I'm sure you will have a great time.

We had one on the Enchantment this past May and looking at the pixs the layout looks the same. The "curtain" between the master and the hall always had a gap. I had brought some clips for my hair and that saved us. I would suggest you bring something to secure it just in case you run into the same problem we did.

We had one on the Enchantment this past May and looking at the pixs the layout looks the same. The "curtain" between the master and the hall always had a gap. I had brought some clips for my hair and that saved us. I would suggest you bring something to secure it just in case you run into the same problem we did.

good tip. we have one booked for the FOS next year TA.

• 1 month later...
Hello Maryann ~

Can't wait-we're sailing in 8084 next month-no chair hogs to worry about

Can't wait-we're sailing in 8084 next month-no chair hogs to worry about

....while the balcony is quite large (in fact the largest on the ship) it unfortunately does not have its own pool, so you may still have some of that issue at the main pool. :D;) (Although this past July on Grandeur it was usually pretty easy to find chairs at the Solarium).

Edited by leaveitallbehind

....while the balcony is quite large (in fact the largest on the ship) it unfortunately does not have its own pool, so you may still have some of that issue at the main pool. :D;) (Although this past July on Grandeur it was usually pretty easy to find chairs at the Solarium).

Nah, I'll just leave the shower running in the 2nd bathroom and flood the balcony

Quick question. I almost upgraded to this room on our last cruise. Just before final payment, one of these aft RFS cabins came open, but someone quickly changed the mid ship RFS for this one. Question is that the mid ship cabins have a much smaller balcony right? Also, how is noise in these aft rooms? We had a GS, and it was a bit noisy at times. But we loved being so close to everything. Is being aft that much of a bother getter places? Finally, we are just three people, so is this room too big for us?

The other RFS on Grandeur are more toward the front end of the ship. This location would be bad for me since the front of the ship will have more motion in rough seas. I have not stayed in one on the side of the ship but had friends who did and I got to tour the room. Not only is the balcony much smaller, the entire room is smaller. Living room is about half the size of the aft RFS living room. We did not experience any noise in the aft RFS.

It is a long walk back there so if you have mobility issues it might be a problem. For us it was fine and we got to eat more desserts since we walked it off! At least we used that excuse.

Edited by dixieva

It's nice to know that all RFS's are not created equally. No mobility issues here, but we loved all the motion during our last cruise. My wife loved being able to pop up to WJ quickly for coffee, ice cream, or whatever. I suppose the Park Cafe must be close to aft cabins.

Thanks for feedback. I may grab one of these next time, if one comes free...lol