The Cow's butt cabin/sweet suite

foto451

• 4 weeks later...

just came back from independence in the ben and jerry suite. we had a great cruise the room was novel but the information about the room being noisy was right. the door for the service lift is right behind the head board it banged late at night and early morning. the worst was the last night when all the cases where being moved. it was annoying but I suppose that is why you have the perks with staying in this cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Freedom of Seas Cabin 6305. We were able to get anything we wanted from Ben & Jerry's. We weren't limited to just one scoop as others have mentioned. DH even got a banana split one night. Concierge Lounge was nice but usually very crowded. We only used it 2 nights for drinks and 2 mornings for breakfast and coffee. The cow motif afghan and rug have seen better days. The afghan that was spread across the window seat has a huge greasy nasty looking stain on it. I folded it up and put it away. The rug also has stains and was so out of place that it was a tripping hazard. DH had to pick up love seat and side table and sit them on bed to straightened out the rug. It was curled 1/2 way up the side of the window seat. What was really funny was he found the TV controller underneath the love seat when he picked it up. Wonder how long that had been missing! The noise from service area next door was horrible! It was worst some nights than others just as mentioned above- the last night. But also on our cruise the night before Halloween. The loud banging on the door was continuous for hours! They were decorating the Promenade for Halloween. We were glad to experience the "cow butt" cabin and its' perks but seriously doubt if we would reserve it again. I know most people say they would though. I like the Promenade cabins and have one booked for next year, but I really missed our Oceanview cabin this time. Will be happy to answer any specific questions about the cabin.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have been looking high and low for information on this fascinating subject.

But have not found any. Is this cabin only on the Liberty, Freedom and Independence?

No Oasis or Allure suite #6305? It would be a double bonus. :eek:

This is the perfect geek cabin.

Just sayin'.

Thank you,

Klaus

I need a boat (and some ice cream)

fyi the liberty has it available right now for march 28 2015 which could be some ones spring break . I know it is for us

Just back from Freedom of Seas Cabin 6305. We were able to get anything we wanted from Ben & Jerry's. We weren't limited to just one scoop as others have mentioned. DH even got a banana split one night. Concierge Lounge was nice but usually very crowded. We only used it 2 nights for drinks and 2 mornings for breakfast and coffee. The cow motif afghan and rug have seen better days. The afghan that was spread across the window seat has a huge greasy nasty looking stain on it. I folded it up and put it away. The rug also has stains and was so out of place that it was a tripping hazard. DH had to pick up love seat and side table and sit them on bed to straightened out the rug. It was curled 1/2 way up the side of the window seat. What was really funny was he found the TV controller underneath the love seat when he picked it up. Wonder how long that had been missing! The noise from service area next door was horrible! It was worst some nights than others just as mentioned above- the last night. But also on our cruise the night before Halloween. The loud banging on the door was continuous for hours! They were decorating the Promenade for Halloween. We were glad to experience the "cow butt" cabin and its' perks but seriously doubt if we would reserve it again. I know most people say they would though. I like the Promenade cabins and have one booked for next year, but I really missed our Oceanview cabin this time. Will be happy to answer any specific questions about the cabin.

Can you tell me if you had Gold cards for the concierge lounge or did your normal key cards work? Thanks

You should call Royal or your TA if you booked through one. Royal will allow you to put underage children in a room DIRECTLY across the hall from the parents. Your cabins are so there won't be an issue. This way you and your wife will be in the suite cabin and both will have access to the concierge lounge. The free ice cream you can give to the kids. (Or keep for yourself and don't tell them).

Doing this would be much easier and guaranteed that you gt the CL benefits rather than hoping someone on the ship will allow you to do it.

Only way this will work is if the price has not changed. Since you are in the balcony and your wife & daughter are in the sweet suite the balcony price would need to be the same price to move without penalty. One name must remain on a reservation to protect pricing. Since you are the only person in the cabin that does not work if the balcony has gone up. You do need you & your wife to be in the sweet suite to use the concierge (unless your Diamond Plus) since they have a list of who's who upon entering the concierge lounge. You may be able to plead your case with the concierge but it is the same as bringing your neighbor on a cruise with you if your Diamond Plus and expecting them to enter the lounge with you. Just don't want you thinking your ok then the Concierge informs you that you can't go to the Concierge Lounge with your wife.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Edited by CruisinDawn

Can you tell me if you had Gold cards for the concierge lounge or did your normal key cards work? Thanks

Yes we had gold cards. we had separate white cards for room key. We also sat in " Gold Card Only" section of theatre one night with no problem. The gold card says Suite on it. They were in our cabin along with letter from Concierge. We didn't try to use them on Labadee or pool area for gold cards only.

[quote name='wayne_trisha']Worst cruise out of 16 by a mile. Never again will I chose a cabin without knowing what is on the other side of the wall.[/quote]

totally agree about the noise, however it comes from the service door in the Ben & Jerry's. after 5 miserable nights (maybe just 4), I went down to front desk at 11:30 and told them I would call every time the door banged. after about 4 phone calls, it was fixed. the secret is to have them adjust the tension on the automatic closer. BTW, we also had a backup in the shower that would flood the floor of bathroom. for that I got a 25% future cruise credit. solution to that problem was to put cork in the overflow spout under the toilet. ended up with about $500 credit. it was a fun room and now it is off the bucket list. sleep when you get home