Choice of Drink Vouchers or Elite Lounge Happy Hour

miched

Everyone has their preference of vouchers or HH lounge.

Do you think that it would be better and help if on every cruise you were given drink vouchers and you then have the choice of using them or going to the HH lounge? If you choose the lounge you would give all of your vouchers to the host when you entered. You could change your use every day. The vouchers would still have the restrictions of being used during the same times with the same drink menu.

I haven't been on a cruise that used vouchers. If you are Elite with the drink package do you still receive vouchers if that cruise is using the voucher system?

.:D

Second question first. Having the drink package has no effect on whether you gr Elite vouchers.

When vouchers have been used, so far, the Elite lounge still existed as one place they could be used. You do have the choice of using them at the Elite lounge or another lounge or bar. You give then to the waiter as you get your drink.

Previously the vouchers whether used at the Elite event or elsewhere, were good for only the drinks that would have been served at the Elite lounge but that restriction may be changing as recent reports are that any drink under $8 can be ordered. (Beer under $5). This policy seems to be in test mode for now.

So your question is more or less moot.

Second question first. Having the drink package has no effect on whether you gr Elite vouchers.

When vouchers have been used, so far, the Elite lounge still existed as one place they could be used. You do have the choice of using them at the Elite lounge or another lounge or bar. You give then to the waiter as you get your drink.

Previously the vouchers whether used at the Elite event or elsewhere, were good for only the drinks that would have been served at the Elite lounge but that restriction may be changing as recent reports are that any drink under $8 can be ordered. (Beer under $5). This policy seems to be in test mode for now.

So your question is more or less moot.

What I mean by using the HH lounge is if you turn in your vouchers you would get unlimited drinks while in there as if the vouchers weren't being used. So you would have a choice. Use the vouchers for drinks at any bar or unlimited in the lounge. It gives you a choice of the vouchers or regular HH lounge, but if you use the lounge you are giving up the vouchers and the drinks have to be consumed while in there. If you use the vouchers you may not have as many drinks but you would be free to roam around and use different bars.

You would have to turn in all the vouchers for that day to enter the lounge. If any were missing you wouldn't be allowed in.

Edited by miched

What I mean by using the HH lounge is if you turn in your vouchers you would get unlimited drinks while in there as if the vouchers weren't being used. So you would have a choice. Use the vouchers for drinks at any bar or unlimited in the lounge. It gives you a choice of the vouchers or regular HH lounge.

I think I understand what you are asking. If you are on a cruise that gives out vouchers, that's it. You have no other choice. No place to get unlimited drinks, unless of course you have the drink package.

I like the vouchers because sometimes we travel with friends who are not elite. By using vouchers we can go to a bar together; we can use vouchers and they can purchase if they choose to.

I wish Celebrity would change the vouchers to a price limit instead of choosing from their designated list. I really don't care for the wines they list but could definitely find one I like under $8.

All this really doesn't matter on most of our recent cruises since we have been buying the beverage packages. However, if we were to cruise on a port intensive cruise we wouldn't buy a package and we would put the vouchers to good use.:D

Hi.

Just off SUMMIT 7th Sept=21stSept; on that sailing, we had both :

daily vouchers (3) for all bars except Martini/Micheal'sClub/Specialty Restaurants and access to Revelation lounge where the normal Hospitality Hour event was held (with snacks...!! ).

We only had to choose.....boy....hard work that was !!!!:cool::D.

Seems , from what CC hostess Melissa was inferring, that Celebrity is testrunning that concept which would eventually please all people ( of course, there are those who will find fault in that too!!!:() , a feat in itself.

Cruise was great .( so were the free drinks !!! ).

Cheers

:)

Hi.

daily vouchers (3) for all bars except Martini/Micheal'sClub/Specialty Restaurants and access to Revelation lounge where the normal Hospitality Hour event was held (with snacks...!! ).

Seems , from what CC hostess Melissa was inferring, that Celebrity is testrunning that concept which would eventually please all people ( of course, there are those who will find fault in that too!!!:() , a feat in itself.

Cheers

Now that would be good news. Surely that means everyone can be happy. Those who like the lounge would still have that choice and those (like us) who find the hours too early would happily give up the lounge for vouchers. :D

Hi.

Cheers

Thanks for the update. Glad you had a great cruise. Did you have a lot of Elites on board or are they testrunning for all sailings, no matter the number of Elites?

Cynthia

Now that would be good news. Surely that means everyone can be happy. Those who like the lounge would still have that choice and those (like us) who find the hours too early would happily give up the lounge for vouchers. :D

But there's no "hours/time" difference.:confused: The period to "happy hour it" is the same. 5 - 7pm for the lounge or the time you can use the coupons.

We were on the same cruise as C-Legs, and appreciated the use of the Elite Coupons. Went to several bar areas and experienced them all, especially the Sunset bar at sailaway. It is my understanding that this coupon system is beneficial to the servers, as they do get a small percentage (i.e. tip) from each coupon collected.

I am in favor of this system and hope it survives all the testing.

[/b]

But there's no "hours/time" difference.:confused: The period to "happy hour it" is the same. 5 - 7pm for the lounge or the time you can use the coupons.

Oh yes, I see why you might be confused.

The big difference is having to get dressed up to go to the lounge. We're happy to have a drink at 5pm but would prefer to still be on deck or our balcony and wearing swimwear/casual wear. We don't tend to eat until 8-8.30pm and don't want to get all dressed up to go to the lounge between 5 and 7.

On our last cruise we had coupons and found it worked well - a couple of drinks on the balcony and whilst we were getting ready and then picked up a glass of wine to take into the 7pm show, none of which we could have done if the only option was to use the lounge.

Edited by Bobal

Hi.

Cheers

I hope that they decide to do this fleet wide. It would be nice to have the option and I am sure that the bars and lounges that are normally empty at that time appriciate the business. For some reason people don't like being in a empty bar. People attract other customers and it does make it more "happy" or lively when others are there.

As others posted there will always be complaints no matter what or how they do it.

We were just on the Solstice Sept 13-23. I heard on CC that we were going to be using the voucher system. I was told we had 650 Elites and 100 VIPs. There were 4 in our party and all 4 are Elite. The 1st night we went to the Sky Lounge. Only 2 wait staff for serving drinks and they did not served any hot or cold appetizers.

After that night we went to the Oceanview Bar at 5pm. We did have a great time. We got snacks from the Oceanview Café. I was told that things got better up in the Sky Lounge after the 1st night.

I like that I could still have short on.

I'm fine with having the option of Sky Lounge or any bar on their list.

Richard

Ahem. MUCH more flexibility on this using vouchers. That's all I'm gonna say on this.

Well maybe you like the vouchers but I can tell you I prefer the lounge.

As to the OPs question, Definitely it's time they maybe consider having both systems. That way you will be happy and I will be happy.

Edited by A Sixth?

As to the OPs question, Definitely it's time they maybe consider having both systems. That way you will be happy and I will be happy.

Actually, with the voucher system you have the benefit of going to the Elite Lounge, as well as other bar areas. The best of both worlds.

Why don't you like the voucher system? We have not had it on any of our X cruises. However, it seems to be good if you can use it in most bars.

I thought we would hate the voucher system also. We also were on the Summit September 7th cruise, with over 550 Elites.

The fact that you could get ANY drink $8 and under and any beer $5 and under was much better than sticking to the limited Captain's Club menu.

We could have our drinks in the Elite Lounge (Revelations) or we could get drinks at the Rendezvous Lounge and listen to live music and also get a drink right before 7 pm and bring it to the show with us.

I thought we would hate the voucher system also. We also were on the Summit September 7th cruise, with over 550 Elites.

The fact that you could get ANY drink $8 and under and any beer $5 and under was much better than sticking to the limited Captain's Club menu.

We could have our drinks in the Elite Lounge (Revelations) or we could get drinks at the Rendezvous Lounge and listen to live music and also get a drink right before 7 pm and bring it to the show with us.

Thanks for the info. To us that seems like an excellent option!

Actually, with the voucher system you have the benefit of going to the Elite Lounge, as well as other bar areas. The best of both worlds.

With the voucher system you only get 3 drinks but you can choose where you want them, but you don't get unlimited drinks in the Elite lounge. What I am asking as the OP is it that it would be nice to give the passengers a choice. You can turn in all of your vouchers and get unlimited drinks in the Elite lounge or use them at the other lounges and get your 3 drinks during the HH times. The option would be available every day, but you can't use a voucher and then decide that you want unlimited drinks in the lounge on the same day.

That way everyone will have their chioce on how to be happy during the happy hours between 5 and 7.

Edited by miched

I am traveling with my sister who is not elite. I understand that she can go to elite functions with me, such as the Sky Lounge HH, so I assume she would get free drinks as well. My question is, would she get vouchers if they are using the voucher system on our cruise? Have any of you been in this position?

I am traveling with my sister who is not elite. I understand that she can go to elite functions with me, such as the Sky Lounge HH, so I assume she would get free drinks as well. My question is, would she get vouchers if they are using the voucher system on our cruise? Have any of you been in this position?

The vouchers will be given to any Elite passengers and a guest in the same cabin.