Why are there two deck plans listed in guarantee category?

I' am considering a balcony guarantee on Allure. One day I see the category "Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee", with the deckplan code as "X". The next day the price increases for the same category, but there are two deckplan codes. The original "X" and "D8" has been added. Does this mean you are only guaranteed a cabin assignment in the D8 category?

I' am considering a balcony guarantee on Allure. One day I see the category "Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee", with the deckplan code as "X". The next day the price increases for the same category, but there are two deckplan codes. The original "X" and "D8" has been added. Does this mean you are only guaranteed a cabin assignment in the D8 category?

A stateroom with balcony guarantee could give you a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony.

An X guarantee will only give you an Oceanview balcony any category D1 to D8.

A D8 guarantee will only give you a D8 cabin.

A stateroom with balcony guarantee could give you a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony.

An X guarantee will only give you an Oceanview balcony any category D1 to D8.

A D8 guarantee will only give you a D8 cabin.

Actually a Balcony guarantee is an oceanfront guarantee. They have a separate category for neighborhood guarantee that is different than the Balcony guarantee.

The two names are:

"Neighborhood Balcony Stateroom Guarantee" which is XN

and

"Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee" which is category X

... and in the case posted by the OP, a D8 guarantee.

The first is an inside facing balcony in either Central Park or the Boardwalk. The second is an ocean front balcony. (a D1 to D8, but most likely a D8)

Actually a Balcony guarantee is an oceanfront guarantee. They have a separate category for neighborhood guarantee that is different than the Balcony guarantee.

The two names are:

"Neighborhood Balcony Stateroom Guarantee" which is XN

and

"Stateroom with Balcony Guarantee" which is category X

... and in the case posted by the OP, a D8 guarantee.

The first is an inside facing balcony in either Central Park or the Boardwalk. The second is an ocean front balcony. (a D1 to D8, but most likely a D8)

Thanks. Couldn't remember the proper terminology and code for the Neighborhood balcony guarantee.

Archived