Enchantment

Baded

My wife and I jst got off the Enchantment. We had lots of fun. Check of the review of the cabin, that is a different story.

Do not book this cabin, GS 8528 it has a few problems

The lock to the balcony has been broken off and it was replaced with a hook, the hook keeps it closed but it isn't alined correctly and when the ship is moving it rubs the frame, pops and makes enough noise to keep you awake. I had to shove a cruise compass in between the sliding door and the frame to make it stop.

No hot water, if you shower in the afternoon you can get hot water but not at night.

A light flashes above the balcony door I had to take out a light to make it stop.

Yes I told the room attendent and a person he was with that was doing a room audit. wasn't worth the money for a grand suite. Was never fixed.

I wish I could say Chops made it all better, but that was also a big disappointment. My porterhouse was coooked the way I like it MR, it was tasty and tender but I think the reason it was tender is that it was only a 1/2 inch or less thick, the same for my wife's and a person at the next table. we told the waiter but all he said was that was what they give us. The manager never came by to check, and I got the wrong desert. Not a good showing, don't think I want to go back to Chops. just to let you know I have have training as a butcher.

:eek:

Wow....that stinks. We just got off Jewel and Chops was fantastic. Terrific service and the manager was genuinely interested in us.

Our stateroom (balcony, not GS) was perfect.

Even though Jewel is due for her scheduled dry dock, she is a beautiful ship.

I've been on Enchantment twice and always enjoyed it. Sounds like a run of bad luck.

That's too bad:(

I also agree with you about Chops. I've tried it 3 different times over the past several months. Bar far, I thought they were the worst on the high seas. We have actually decided that we will not go back to Chops next time we are on the Enchantment. Our experience was very slow service and overcooked steaks........every time! I base the term overcooked on the fact that I order my filet COLD.......real cold and it comes out literally black and charred on the outside and medium rare on the inside.

Sorry to hear about your poor experience with your cabin. We found houskeeping management on the Enchantment very helpful and can't help but feel that had to sought them out through guest services your results would have been more positive. The cabin attendant really is not responsible for maintenance.

We did a b2b on the Enchantment a few weeks ago and ate at Chops 5 out of 7 nights. Our food was always perfectly prepared and delicious. I had the porterhouse twice and both times it was done perfectly (MR). It was also the most flavorful of the 5 steaks I had on that trip. The fillets were very tender and tasty but not as flavorful as the porterhouse. I did not measure how thick the porterhouses were -- I only know I had trouble eating it all both nights and had to avoid the sides and bread to do so.

We had a couple different waiters and assistant waiters at Chops during our trip and they were all so helpful and friendly that we talked about eating there every night in the future.

The manager stopped at our table every evening and was very friendly. I complained to him about missing one of my favorite dishes (chicken cacciatore) in the Windjammer. He explained that it had been moved to the dinner menu and was served on the first night. I said that is why we miss it because we always eat at Chops the first night. On the second leg of our trip he appeared at our table with a serving bowl filled with chicken cacciatore or us to enjoy.

I wish your experience would have been as great as ours was.

My wife and I jst got off the Enchantment. We had lots of fun. Check of the review of the cabin, that is a different story.

The lock to the balcony has been broken off and it was replaced with a hook, the hook keeps it closed but it isn't alined correctly and when the ship is moving it rubs the frame, pops and makes enough noise to keep you awake. I had to shove a cruise compass in between the sliding door and the frame to make it stop.

No hot water, if you shower in the afternoon you can get hot water but not at night.

A light flashes above the balcony door I had to take out a light to make it stop.

Yes I told the room attendent and a person he was with that was doing a room audit. wasn't worth the money for a grand suite. Was never fixed.

I wish I could say Chops made it all better, but that was also a big disappointment. My porterhouse was coooked the way I like it MR, it was tasty and tender but I think the reason it was tender is that it was only a 1/2 inch or less thick, the same for my wife's and a person at the next table. we told the waiter but all he said was that was what they give us. The manager never came by to check, and I got the wrong desert. Not a good showing, don't think I want to go back to Chops. just to let you know I have have training as a butcher.

I had trouble at Chops on Enchantment too. I ordered Medium Rare Filet. It was more like Medium Well. I sent it back and they told me it was cooked correctly that I just needed to look at it under the light. I was like, no it tastes overcooked. They made me a new one and brought it raw. With a few more minutes on the grill it was good. They tried to make it better with free champagne. The captain's party was going on right outside at the time. Not impressed. Will try Chops on another ship though. It was our first time there. My DH could do without it. He prefers the salmon in the MDR.

Thanks for the info. We have a suite booked on the Enchantment for Christmas. I hope we don't encounter this problem. Our suite number is a different one. That's totally unacceptable to have a hook for a lock. Sorry about your disappointment with Chops as well. We aren't planning to eat there over the holidays. Better luck next time to you and your family. Happy future cruising.

That hook is awful.

I believe all the hot water is centrally fed, so this wouldn't have much to do with the room, unless it is just exceptionally far from the water heater that feeds it. Perhaps this has more to do with the neighbors you had using it all upstream from you?

We were on Enchantment back in August. JS 8586. Our balcony door had the eye hook also. It didn't bother me at all.

Our problem with the balcony door was that it didn't slide well at all and we could only get it to open about 12-14 inches before it just stopped. We let the cabin steward know, but it didn't really bother us, and I didn't want maintenance in the room at a random time of day for a random length of time just to fix it.

We were on Enchantment back in August. JS 8586. Our balcony door had the eye hook also. It didn't bother me at all.

Our problem with the balcony door was that it didn't slide well at all and we could only get it to open about 12-14 inches before it just stopped. We let the cabin steward know, but it didn't really bother us, and I didn't want maintenance in the room at a random time of day for a random length of time just to fix it.

We had 8586 last month, and the balcony door had not been fixed.

Do you remember hearing music from the pool deck and centrum from the stateroom?

We had 8586 last month, and the balcony door had not been fixed.

Do you remember hearing music from the pool deck and centrum from the stateroom?

Nothing from the Centrum. I could hear music from the pool deck but it's it wasn't loud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Hi

Just off Enchantment yesterday as well. No problem with the cabins but I agree, my Porterhouse was not so good. My Dad had a filet and he was less then impressed as well. An aquaintance on board also hated his Porter House. The service and the rest of the meal was great.

The aquanitance orderded the Surf and Turf option in the MDR the very next night and LOVED it. He felt if was a better value then the Chops experience.

Oh no!! We got married onboard Enchantment in April and had our wedding reception/meal in Chops; everything was perfect. I can honestly say 'best steak I've ever eaten'. Only sorry I ate wedding cake beforehand!!

Archived