Sunshine concerns

tweety33

Honestly you have nothing to worry about with the buckets. The ship is lovely and looks all shiny and new in public places.

Yes there were a couple of buckets in July and yes there still seem to be a couple of buckets, but i promise they won't spoil your cruise.

As for the listing thing. From memory this was reported back in May and I think it was talked about the amount of times that fuel was added to the ship, mainly at each port, so people speculated that the ship couldn't carry a full tank. Now being in a recession, one of things we are told to do is drive around in our cars with less fuel. This will help save you money as your car is lighter. Maybe that is why they were topping up more.

Another rumour was that due to the extra decks added, it took the Captain a while to feel the way the adapted ship handled so he carried less fuel onboard. I state this is all speculation.

When I was on the boat, no listing was experienced and we had choppy waters one day.

Go on the cruise and enjoy! I would have no problems whatsoever cruising on the Sunshine again, and I am very picky about where I stay hotel wise and ship wise.

We were on her in August 18 sailing, deck 1. I agree with many others. It is a very beautiful ship. Everything looked new and shiny. Yes, we saw couple of buckets, so what? Did it ruin our vacation? No! In fact, it was best vacation ever! I am even afraid now to consider some other ship. What if it will be worn out, old carpet, etc... New is new, even if it is refurbished.

I do not think that there are any issues with the ship that can compromise safety of its passengers. No one wants to put you at risk. So, do not worry about those buckets.

Honestly you have nothing to worry about with the buckets. The ship is lovely and looks all shiny and new in public places.

Yes there were a couple of buckets in July and yes there still seem to be a couple of buckets, but i promise they won't spoil your cruise.

As for the listing thing. From memory this was reported back in May and I think it was talked about the amount of times that fuel was added to the ship, mainly at each port, so people speculated that the ship couldn't carry a full tank. Now being in a recession, one of things we are told to do is drive around in our cars with less fuel. This will help save you money as your car is lighter. Maybe that is why they were topping up more.

Another rumour was that due to the extra decks added, it took the Captain a while to feel the way the adapted ship handled so he carried less fuel onboard. I state this is all speculation.

When I was on the boat, no listing was experienced and we had choppy waters one day.

Go on the cruise and enjoy! I would have no problems whatsoever cruising on the Sunshine again, and I am very picky about where I stay hotel wise and ship wise.

Good to hear!! We can't wait to board her in November!!

We're booked, and I'm not thrilled with the thought of drip buckets around. Hey, Holiday inn express isn't the Ritz, but most of us would be wondering if there were buckets catching drips in the halls there.

That said, I'd prefer a couple of buckets in the hall over a tired old ship. We're far enough out that hopefully they'll straighten up and fly right.

Yea, but doesn't that bucket tip over on it's side with alarming regularity spilling it's contents onto the Lido deck?!?!? I mean..the horror!!!!

I'm pretty sure he meant the pool. Which makes me wonder. The first bunch of cruises, that pool sailed empty. Wonder why?

There were no buckets in the halls on our cruise (May 17th, 2013) and I explored all over the ship. I posted lots of pictures from our cruise. Our cabin was on Deck 7.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1845665

It doesn't mean others have not seen a bucket or two on some other cruises, but some who haven't even been on the ship are blowing it way out of proportion and trying to stir up controversy.

I know many who will be on the Transatlantic and we will be on Carnival Sunshine again in Feb, 2013. No worries.

Oh yeah, there was NO list.

There were more than one or two buckets on our cruise. In fact there were three outside the MDR and the carpet was wet and stained.

I'm pretty sure he meant the pool. Which makes me wonder. The first bunch of cruises, that pool sailed empty. Wonder why?

Ahh...Well actually, this bucket is at the rear of the ship, part of "Waterworks" so, I knew what he meant...I was being mostly facetious. Yes, first sailing of the Sunshine pool was empty...not any longer.

Ahh...Well actually, this bucket is at the rear of the ship, part of "Waterworks" so, I knew what he meant...I was being mostly facetious. Yes, first sailing of the Sunshine pool was empty...not any longer.

I know where that bucket is. I'm just saying that wasn't his reference.

Only the first two cruises and on our cruise it started filling up from all the rain.

The mini-golf course also sailed closed.

Both have long since been open.

I forgot to add to my post, there were no buckets in July on Deck 8, so if someone is worried about a bucket or more than one on deck 7, I suggest moving to deck 8. Not a bucket in sight.

Maybe we should have a thread to report where the buckets were spotted.

One on deck 7 in one of the corridors, I think it was the right hand side. One outside the spa and one outside the main dining room deck 4 was it, aft dining room downstairs.

And of course the bucket at the waterworks, which did leak a lot!!!!:D. That made me chuckle when the picture posted earlier in the thread.:D

Thanks for all the actual experiences.

Sadly there are folks that have never even been on the

Sunshine that considered themselves "experts" because they "talked" to the

Head Waiter's third cousin's ex brother in law.....

I had no doubt there would be issues with this being a "first time" renovation.

Any time you do something for the first time....there are going to be surprises.

But I also had no doubt that Carnival would handle it and provide a good cruise.

Archived