Sunshine concerns

tweety33

• 2 weeks later...
If we can get some comments about FTTF, VIP Gifts, Diamond good to bad, John Heald like him or hate we could cover everything good or bad. I'm on the old/new boat Feb 2014

I am on the Sunshine Jan 5th....AND I HAVE FTTF........I have heard things come in threes....maybe the third will be..HMMMM A SUPER GREAT TIME!!!????:D:D:p

First, IMHO.....if you book a brand new ship or a just out of drydock ship and actually think that your cruise is going to be the best thing since sliced bread well, not gonna happen. I read some of the threads and just shake my head. It would be great if that first sailing or even the 5th was perfect, not a resonable expectation. Sorry its just not. I've never sailed on an inagural sailing. To many variables to mess with my vacation. Did it once, ship wasn't ready. Vacation cancelled. Never again. I will and have booked about 6 months to year after she enters service. Most bugs will be worked out.......OK now let's talk about gratuities and dress on formal night....:D

We are considering the Sunshine for our 2015 summer vacation. A few concerns are that the AC issues in some of the cabins won't be fixed and that there is only 1 pool for families as well as anyone who does not use Serenity. We are leaning heavily on returning to the Breeze but will wait to see how things play out once Sunshine begins cruising from FL.

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I'll bite. What's with the balcony?

Too small. Two chairs, small table and a lounger (which we folded up and 'tucked' it out of the way) made it that we had very little room to move around the balcony. :eek: Nothing like the corner afts we have had before.

Too small. Two chairs, small table and a lounger (which we folded up and 'tucked' it out of the way) made it that we had very little room to move around the balcony. :eek: Nothing like the corner afts we have had before.

Got it. I didn't realize you were comparing it to a corner aft. Thanks.

We thought 5340 was fine and we had two loungers on it. We moved the two chairs out of the way as we didn't use them and then there was plenty of space for two people to lie down and sunbathe with a table between us. It is clear after the refit it was no longer the blue-printed aft wrap and the extra space was now in the room instead. But you could still see to the aft and the side so who needs a little sliver of balcony in order to do so?

From our perspective at least, they made the best use of the space available, but each to their own.

We thought 5340 was fine and we had two loungers on it. We moved the two chairs out of the way as we didn't use them and then there was plenty of space for two people to lie down and sunbathe with a table between us. It is clear after the refit it was no longer the blue-printed aft wrap and the extra space was now in the room instead. But you could still see to the aft and the side so who needs a little sliver of balcony in order to do so?

From our perspective at least, they made the best use of the space available, but each to their own.

Do you have pictures of the cabin and balcony? Would love to see them.

We enjoyed our Sunshine cruise round the Med in August so much we've just today booked to sail on her out of Miami next August, apart from the fact it's 7 days and not 12 we'll be on her similar dates and we've booked the same room (Aft Ocean Suite) we loved it so much. :)

Sunshine will be in Port Canaveral next August, not Miami

Sunshine will be in Port Canaveral next August, not Miami

You're right, we're flying to Miami as they were the cheapest flights from the UK and driving to Orlando, the cruise is a break in the middle of a Disney/Universal frenzy.

Well spotted. ;)

Archived