? About Express Walkoff

Do you have to disembark between certain times? In other words, if we select express walkoff, can we elect to leave the ship (Oasis) at 8 am or do you have to be in the very first groups?

You can leave anytime after disembarkation has begun.

• 4 months later...

thank you for question and the posted answer, i am new to rccl and also wanted to 'express walk off' but, NOT so early, as rccl posted times of 645-730:( The prev. post listed time of 8 am, do you know if that is last call for disembark?

I don't believe the above information to be correct. We did express walkoff last November from Oasis and there are specific times for it to be done. They want all the express walkoffs off before they start calling people with numbers to leave the ship and collect their luggage.

I know they can't deny you to leave later because everyone has to leave the ship eventually, but it can get very congested having people leave with their luggage at the same time as everyone else.

I don't believe the above information to be correct. We did express walkoff last November from Oasis and there are specific times for it to be done. They want all the express walkoffs off before they start calling people with numbers to leave the ship and collect their luggage.

I know they can't deny you to leave later because everyone has to leave the ship eventually, but it can get very congested having people leave with their luggage at the same time as everyone else.

That's what I thought they at least encourage, to get people with their larger luggage off and out of the way ASAP. Things get congested enough later when all people have is carry-on's.....:rolleyes:

I don't know if Oasis is different from other ships but last month we could walk off anytime after they started at 7am. We ended up walking off around 9 because of flights and not wanting to sit at the airport. Wasn't a issue to go off with any other group.

We are going in Oasis this Saturday. We have a flight home out of FLL at 10:50. I'd like to take care of my own bags as I have things in my bags in the morning to get ready that can't go in a carry on. So is this what we should do?? Then we don't have to put our bags out the night before? This is my second cruise but it's been 10 years since I've cruised and I don't remember what we did back then.

We did Express Debark last May on Oasis and had to be off by 7:30.

Allure also posted that walkoffs had to go between 6:30 and 7:30, but they have no way of confirming that you do so - all they did was prevent people with later tags from leaving before they were called (and even then, if one called out an earlier tag number, they wouldn't have checked, although then the suitcases might not have been set out in the terminal).

We normally travel with 21" bags and a backpack, so walk off when we feel like it, and see plenty of people with more than we have who are also claiming bags in the terminal.

We are going in Oasis this Saturday. We have a flight home out of FLL at 10:50. I'd like to take care of my own bags as I have things in my bags in the morning to get ready that can't go in a carry on. So is this what we should do?? Then we don't have to put our bags out the night before? This is my second cruise but it's been 10 years since I've cruised and I don't remember what we did back then.

If you want to do self disembark you do not put your bags out the night before. You carry your own bags off the ship. They will give you luggage takes for a specific time to disembark by cabin number, etc, but you don't need these. Just make sure you are able to carry your own bags. Every ship is different with departure times for self embark. It will save a lot of headaches in customs. We just asked our room steward what to do and he was very helpful. We were first time cruisers too and totally clueless! You can also ask guest relations; and our daily cruise paper had instructions as well. It's really easy.

Most of the above is correct...as long as your assigned timeframe has come and gone..no one cares how much later you decide to leave...as long as it's before last call which is usually 9:30-10:00am.

We did the express walk off last week on Oasis at Ft Lauderdale and had to be out between 6:30 and 7:45. We opted to go down to deck 5 around 6:10 and were allowed to leave the ship at 6:20. There were several families waiting and we got through customs by 6:40 but the airport buses didn't start running until 7:00. I'm sure the wait got longer as more people left.

We are going in Oasis this Saturday. We have a flight home out of FLL at 10:50. I'd like to take care of my own bags as I have things in my bags in the morning to get ready that can't go in a carry on.

During the drive to the airport, could you simply move your things from carryon to checked bags? I did that myself, took things from our carryon and put them in checked (guavaberry rum, last night's sleep clothes, makeup, unneeded 311 baggie stuff) at the airport, while DH was talking with the curbside checkin people.

(and then we took a bump from our flight, and they couldn't get our bags off the plane, so I had to go to Target to buy things for our overnight, LOL...I'm never moving makeup and nightclothes again, and will pack extra underwear! just in case!)