Royal Caribbean as a Public Speaking Class Topic

SEM4236

I'm a college student who is OBSESSED with cruising. In my public speaking class, we must give a 5-7 minute informational speech on a topic of our choice. I REALLY want to do mine on cruising with an emphasis on RCCL as I've only cruised with them.

However 5 minutes isn't a lot of time. I need to chose one aspect to inform my class on that wont bore them. I'd love to hear some input from fellow cruisers! If you don't think this is a good idea at all, please feel free to say so!

Thanks in advance!

SEM

I'm a college student who is OBSESSED with cruising. In my public speaking class, we must give a 5-7 minute informational speech on a topic of our choice. I REALLY want to do mine on cruising with an emphasis on RCCL as I've only cruised with them.

However 5 minutes isn't a lot of time. I need to chose one aspect to inform my class on that wont bore them. I'd love to hear some input from fellow cruisers! If you don't think this is a good idea at all, please feel free to say so!

Thanks in advance!

SEM

How about smoking on the balconies.....That seems to catch the attention of everyone here.......:rolleyes:

I think it's a brilliant idea.... to speak about something you are passionate about will enthuse your audience.

Think about the very first time you set foot on board a ship. What did it feel like? What did you see? What did you do? Are you able to use a slideshow? What was your favourite port of call? Why? There's your 5 minutes....

Maybe you could aim to let people know about the amount of things to do when cruising, using RCCL ships as an example, i know a lot of non cruising folks worry about being on a ship at sea and getting bored or feeling trapped, the feeling trapped could then lead to topics such as the types of staterooms etc.

If you don't want to go for the ship angle of things ou could look at the geographical/historical advantages to cruising, eg. visiting many places of interest on one vacation

Hope that helps :)

A few statistics might be interesting. The amount of food and drinks the galley goes through on a single voyage always blows my mind.

The amount of food and drinks that some people go through on a single voyage blows my mind. :p

How are you doing?

The amount of food and drinks that some people go through on a single voyage blows my mind. :p

How are you doing?

LOL!

Just had my 5th out of 6 chemotherapy treatments this morning... resting, nesting. I feel well for now but I know the start of my down cycle is coming. Must self-inject 7 days' worth of Neupogen and that's a little nauseating in itself! But thanks, overall doing well and on the way to healthy. :)

Archived