NO MORE pre printed luggage tags?

alinnj

It's even easier to book a suite and get them in the mail. :D

I'm certainly not boasting but it's an interesting coincidence that ours came in the mail today. They're pretty nice but I seriously doubt I will follow the directions and attach them to our luggage before we leave home - the airline baggage handlers would probably mangle them to pieces before we ever got to Florida! ;)

I think i might be losing it...but I cannot seem to find the location of where I even print these. I know I have done it before, however, now I can not find them.

When I print my Set Sail pass it just has an example of one.

Can anyone tell me where to print them?

Thanks!

Go to Royal's website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com.

Towards the bottom of the page, click on "Online Check-in", and enter your cruise/name information. You should get to the page that allows you to enter your check-in information and print your SetSail pass.

I think i might be losing it...but I cannot seem to find the location of where I even print these. I know I have done it before, however, now I can not find them.

When I print my Set Sail pass it just has an example of one.

Can anyone tell me where to print them?

Thanks!

Yours will be ready to print in a couple of days. The luggage tags will be with your edocs which will be ready at the 49 day mark.

What a crazy idea to stop sending out the luggage tags.

Yes, sitting in an office in Miami someone decided that 40 cents times however many million people cruise added up to a fortune. Unfortunately most people don't own the ability to print on adhesive plastic or laminate. If they do the laminating pouches will cost a lot more than the cost of the original tags.

Stapled paper tags will fall off at the first sign of a luggage cart, 5 different handlers, 2 elevator journeys and half a day languishing along I 95.

A saving to RCI, more work for the crew trying to place and recover luggage and more hassle for passengers losing luggage or having it delivered elsewhere first.

The person who suggested the idea should spend a day unloading then reloading luggage onto the ship.

The other problem is it further delays the boarding process which on our last US cruise out of New York was appalling. On the plus side though it gives the shore side porters more opportunity to fleece you for money.

Not RCI's finest hour.

Henry :)

I have never had a problem with plain ol' paper luggage tags printed out on my old-time inkjet printer. Fold them as instructed, staple them together around your luggage handle, and it will take quite an effort for them to disappear from your bag. Just use plenty of staples.

This luggage tag thing is a non-starter for me. I remember when the docs used to come by mail in a fancy folder with a bunch of stuff trying to get you to spend more money (some things never change), but I really don't mind printing off my own docs - I know I have them, I can print them again if they get misplaced, and there's no chance they won't send enough tags.

Happy sailing, folks!

I'm certainly not boasting but it's an interesting coincidence that ours came in the mail today. They're pretty nice but I seriously doubt I will follow the directions and attach them to our luggage before we leave home - the airline baggage handlers would probably mangle them to pieces before we ever got to Florida! ;)

That's for sure. They go on at the hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like you are driving down. Bring a stapler to attach the tags on the bags as you leave your last hotel before arriving at the terminal. I have used the paper tags for several years now on various cruise lines and have never had an issue. I just fold them as instructed and attach them with a stapler or one time tape.

The last time I used the old RCCL supplied tags, it was a pain to get them attached to the bag due to wind. I actually prefer these paper tags.

Yes, sitting in an office in Miami someone decided that 40 cents times however many million people cruise added up to a fortune. Unfortunately most people don't own the ability to print on adhesive plastic or laminate. If they do the laminating pouches will cost a lot more than the cost of the original tags.

Stapled paper tags will fall off at the first sign of a luggage cart, 5 different handlers, 2 elevator journeys and half a day languishing along I 95.

A saving to RCI, more work for the crew trying to place and recover luggage and more hassle for passengers losing luggage or having it delivered elsewhere first.

The person who suggested the idea should spend a day unloading then reloading luggage onto the ship.

The other problem is it further delays the boarding process which on our last US cruise out of New York was appalling. On the plus side though it gives the shore side porters more opportunity to fleece you for money.

Not RCI's finest hour.

Not RCI's finest hour.

Have to disagree ..... First of all it costs way more than 40 cents to mail them out to each cruiser! I am sure the cost savings was very significant.

We have printed them out for several cruises, used clear packing tape, and stapled them (borrowing front desk stapler from hotel), or carrying our roll of packing tape with us and attaching after flight.

Local airport here rips off any extra tags at check-in - always tells people to do this so that your bags don't get mishandled.

Finally, have seen lines of people at the pier waiting for the guy that happened to have a stack of labels and a marker.

Never had a problem with our home-made tags.

So much drama!!! So minor of an issue!!! :rolleyes:

Have done the printed tags three ways:

1. Folded and stapled on the suitcase handle no lamination.

2. Folded and stapled on the suitcase handle with tape covering the printing (Rainy day in San Juan).

3. Folded and slipped into a tag holder.

All three worked. No need for angst, drama or rants against the cruise lines, face the future and cruise on. :D

Why do I need special luggage tags? Can't I just use my own luggage tags? I don't see anything on the website about printing luggage tags. Thx

If you want to leave your bags with the porters outside the ship, then you need a tag on your bags that indicates your stateroom number.

If you are carrying on all your bags, then no special tags are needed.

Thank you for clearing that up. So, if we do want to leave them with the porters, what do we need to do? Is there a special tag that is needed or can we just write our names and cabin numbers and attach them to our bags?

Thank you for clearing that up. So, if we do want to leave them with the porters, what do we need to do? Is there a special tag that is needed or can we just write our names and cabin numbers and attach them to our bags?

You can ask the porters to make you tags when you drop off your bags.

Or you can download an image of your luggage tag from Royal's website, and fold and staple it around the handles of your bag.

Yep your TA is correct unless you're in a GS or higher or Pinnacle.

You can buy reusable cruise luggage tags. Be sure to get the narrow ones for Royal Caribbean.

You can get them here from CC.

You can buy reusable cruise luggage tags. Be sure to get the narrow ones for Royal Caribbean.

I know what you mean, but for the sake of some who might be confused, you're talking about reusable luggage tag holders.

The wider holders, like for Princess luggage tags, work just fine. I just put the tags for my cruise on the Explorer in the wide ones and they don't even jiggle around. So if you have the wider holders don't bother to buy new ones.

Archived