Pool Hours?

pingpong1

Folks - I know that if I spend enough time searching threads, I (might) eventually find the answer to my question. But 30 minutes of word searching so far, has not produced the results I'm looking for - everything but.

Could anyone tell me what hours of the day that the swimming pool and hot tubs are "open for use" (rather than just looking at them) on Voyager? I'll be on the Med cruise starting Oct 23. I would guess (that unfortunately) they don't stay open for use after 6PM, unless you want to swim in your slacks and collared shirt....is that correct? Regards to all.

PingPong1, when we were on the Voyager last April (Dubai to Athens) another guest and I (she was a triathlete) wanted to swim earlier than the 7:30 am open time. We asked the GM (Ralph De Klijn, who now works for Regent based in London) if he could have the pool opened earlier--no problem, and the pool was opened at 7 a.m.

The Voyager pool will most likely be exceptionally well maintained by Sherwood, one of the longest tenured employees on board the Voyager, pls see:

Featured Regent Crew member today: Sherwood Mendoza, and according to the Voyager, Gen Mgr/Franck and Sherwood, probably the most senior Regent crew member on board (Sherwood is on his tenth Voyager contract) he started with Radisson now Regent back on the Navigator in 1999 (before I was born ). Sherwood has four children (three boys (twins) and one girl). The Mendoza family lives about 3 hours south of Manilla. Sherwood said what he likes best about Regent is they take good care of the crew. Can attest to Sherwood's hard work cleaning/vacuuming the pool daily--the pool sparkles and is crystal clear after his thorough pool cleaning. Pls see pix (post #150 on thread) below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1741756&page=8

Colonelretwes@yahoo.com

Last edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes; December 5th, 2012 at 10:53 PM.

Wes/Dave - Thanks so much for your quick replies. Glad to hear that I might be able to have a relaxing time in the pool while others are getting ready for dinner. Wes - I've missed some of your most informative and

upbeat posts lately. I have always enjoyed reading them. Thanks for including the bio on Sherwood. I'll pass along your good wishes to him if I have the privilege of meeting him.

So - If I happen to want to jump in the pool for an early evening swim (around 6pm - 7pm) I might have to go into "stealth mode" to get to/from the pool and stateroom without bringing down the wrath of the "clothing police" (tongue in cheek, here). Perhaps they'll be more occupied patrolling the dining venues during that hour, looking for scofflaws. Does anyone think I can "get away" with pulling on "non-denim" sweat pants and a sweat shirt (if I can find one with a collar) over my swim trunks and running back to the stateroom (using covert and surreptitious routing) without being detected or reprimanded?

Best Regards to all. :)

So - If I happen to want to jump in the pool for an early evening swim (around 6pm - 7pm) I might have to go into "stealth mode" to get to/from the pool and stateroom without bringing down the wrath of the "clothing police" (tongue in cheek, here). Perhaps they'll be more occupied patrolling the dining venues during that hour, looking for scofflaws. Does anyone think I can "get away" with pulling on "non-denim" sweat pants and a sweat shirt (if I can find one with a collar) over my swim trunks and running back to the stateroom (using covert and surreptitious routing) without being detected or reprimanded?

Oh that's funny! I'm guessing you can, especially if the pool is officially open until 8. Worst thing is someone will shoo you back to your cabin, I'd guess. This is definitely a glitch in the dress code.

Pingpong1,

Thanks so much for your very gracious comments about our Regent postings. We have moved permanently on to Silversea (30 days cruised this year, 17 more booked for 2015), tho we dearly miss our some of our fav crew members at sea on the Voyager.

Also, no worries on going for an early evening swim (between 6-7pm). Both Wendy & TC are correct--for 41 days on the Voyager in 2012, we did not experience any problem (w/dress in robe pre/post swim) swimming late.

Actually this (after 6p.m) is fav time to swim laps as most guests are changing for dinner vs swimming in the pool. Post lap swimming I head back go Spa on deck six (in the bathrobe the men's Spa room provided) to enjoy a late eve sauna, get ready for dinner using spa bathroom while I give Ida total use of our suite bathroom. Pingpong, as I have headed back to our suite in the Spa bathrobe...have never heard a word from any R guest who are normally dressed to the nines going to dinner or pre dinner drinks) We eat late, and then depart our suite, heading to the Observation lounge about 7:45p.m. for a cocktail or two..then head to dinner about 8:30pm.

Hope relating this swimming routine helps.

PingPong, I think the first night would be ok, then it gets tricky.

The pool is on Deck 10 I believe and there are elevators on both sides. Alternate your route each night, take the forward elevator on even days, the stern elevator on odd days, sometimes take the stairs to really throw them off.

Of course, always have a tie with you just in case. A tie, not a bow tie...bow ties are so 2012. You are in the Med afterall, so you can claim it's the latest fashion from Milano or Ah Paris. As long as your knees are covered though and no yellow speedos....they are a no no

:-)

Archived