Wine & Dine Question!

Not sure, but I would call and ask. You really should order by phone anyway. I've heard of endless mistakes ordering online or via the downloadable form.

Thanks for the heads up. If we were to order the pkg beforehand and there were issues once onboard, I would have to have a glass of wine pronto!!! ;)

Assuming we are talking about the same thing, you don't select your wine until you are on board. You can choose a different bottle each night depending on what you will be eating. Or, you can order the same wine each night.

You can pre-order the package but you won't select your wine until you are on board.

They will have a table set up right outside the dining room when you board. If you don't want to pre-order (we always pre-order and have never had a problem) you can just get it then.

Assuming we are talking about the same thing, you don't select your wine until you are on board. You can choose a different bottle each night depending on what you will be eating. Or, you can order the same wine each night.

You can pre-order the package but you won't select your wine until you are on board.

They will have a table set up right outside the dining room when you board. If you don't want to pre-order (we always pre-order and have never had a problem) you can just get it then.

Thanks for the useful information galavant3.

Does anyone know if we are able to bring the bottle back to our room?

Thanks for the useful information galavant3.

Does anyone know if we are able to bring the bottle back to our room?

Yes, you can bring one or more bottles back to your stateroom, or anywhere you like on the ship.

Another benefit. If you want red and someone else wants white, you can select two bottles. Whatever you don't finish of either bottle will be waiting for you the following night. Or, you could take the unfinished bottles with you.

We find that things are a bit chaotic when people are first being seated. It is night to have the wine waiting for us so we can enjoy a glass of wine while we look at the menu.

Caution - I find they are heavy handed with the pours. I think they like to finish off the bottles (for obvious reasons). I've had the waiter empty the bottle in my glass when I had already had enough. Just pay attention and it shouldn't be a problem.

One more thing... it seems as if it might be awkward if you are seated with people you don't know. I have found the waiters to be very discreet when pouring. On occasion, we have offered our dining companions a glass, other times we have not. You won't feel obligated either way.

Do they provide a corkscrew to open an unopened bottle in your room? I've heard that you aren't allowed to bring a corkscrew onboard (or at least that some people have had it confiscated, others have not). I have a really nice corkscrew and absolutely would not want it confiscated. I guess I could buy a cheapie and take my chances, but if they provide them, then the problem is solved.

Do they provide a corkscrew to open an unopened bottle in your room? I've heard that you aren't allowed to bring a corkscrew onboard (or at least that some people have had it confiscated, others have not). I have a really nice corkscrew and absolutely would not want it confiscated. I guess I could buy a cheapie and take my chances, but if they provide them, then the problem is solved.

Their corkscrew is not very good, but they will give you one.

It is easier to take your bottle to a bar and ask them to open it for you.

I had a corkscrew confiscated recently, but not by RC. They didn't care at all.

No, stupid me forgot that it was in my purse. TSA took it. And it was a good one. :(

No, stupid me forgot that it was in my purse. TSA took it. And it was a good one. :(

Haven't you watched any of those horror films on SyFy channel? You could probably do all sorts of damage with a corkscrew. :D:eek::p

Haven't you watched any of those horror films on SyFy channel? You could probably do all sorts of damage with a corkscrew. :D:eek::p

In her defense, the agent was most interested in the folding knife that was a part of the corkscrew.

:)

I guess I could buy a cheapie and take my chances, but if they provide them, then the problem is solved.

I have a cheap one that I keep in my suitcase. Since it can barely open a bottle of wine it does not seem to pose a security risk. I think we've also had our cabin attendant bring a corkscrew (and glasses as well). I just can't remember if it was on Royal.

We do the wine and dine package most cruises. I have done a 7 and 9 (or was it 10) bottle package for 7 - 9 nine night cruises and only had 3 different wines.

Any bar is happy to open a bottle if asked. I have also taken a full bottle back from lunch in the dining room opened with glasses to enjoy on the balcony of a sea day. Our steward provided a bucket of ice to keep it chilled.

We have also seen people take a bottle from dinner to a show (never done that).

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Another benefit. If you want red and someone else wants white, you can select two bottles. Whatever you don't finish of either bottle will be waiting for you the following night. Or, you could take the unfinished bottles with you.

We find that things are a bit chaotic when people are first being seated. It is night to have the wine waiting for us so we can enjoy a glass of wine while we look at the menu.

Caution - I find they are heavy handed with the pours. I think they like to finish off the bottles (for obvious reasons). I've had the waiter empty the bottle in my glass when I had already had enough. Just pay attention and it shouldn't be a problem.

One more thing... it seems as if it might be awkward if you are seated with people you don't know. I have found the waiters to be very discreet when pouring. On occasion, we have offered our dining companions a glass, other times we have not. You won't feel obligated either way.

Good to know about the 2 different bottles....hadn't even thought of that yet! We are lucky in that we will be dining in 'my time' and hopefully will have a table for 2 each evening. Thanks for the tip about the generous pours----I remember this being done on Celebrity too.

We do the wine and dine package most cruises. I have done a 7 and 9 (or was it 10) bottle package for 7 - 9 nine night cruises and only had 3 different wines.

Any bar is happy to open a bottle if asked. I have also taken a full bottle back from lunch in the dining room opened with glasses to enjoy on the balcony of a sea day. Our steward provided a bucket of ice to keep it chilled.

We have also seen people take a bottle from dinner to a show (never done that).

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Some good ideas-thanks! Don't know if I could take a bottle to a show though!!! Probably fall asleep halfway through ;)

My husband has a Swiss Army thing with a corkscrew in it and we've never had a problem opening a bottle---even better if it's a screw top:eek:

Archived