Holland America Cruise May 2, 2014 Mediterranean Empires

Soggy bananas

I will be going on this cruise with my family on May 2, 2014 departing from Venice. This is our first cruise and would welcome any advice as to the ports we are visiting for tours. They are Venice overnight, Athens, Katakolon, Istanbul, Ephesus, Lesbos, Santorini, and Argostoli. Anyone else who may be going on this cruise, we would be glad to hear from you. I have 2 children ages 18 and 14 as well as my father and stepmother (and hubby) who will be with us.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. IVe not travelled to any of these ports but you look them up on the Ports of Call boards - here http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Use this link http://cruisecritic.com/rollcalls?cruise_line_id=21 to find the Roll Call for your cruise. This is where you can meet others on the same cruise and get advice/tips from them too.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Mumsy.

Get a copy of Rick Steves' Mediterranean Cruise Ports and set your children to planning tours. I hope you are going in a few days early to Venice. Rick Steves has free audio tours to download from his website, as well as maps to go with them. Looks like you are on Nieuw Amsterdam? EM

I will be going on this cruise with my family on May 2, 2014 departing from Venice. This is our first cruise and would welcome any advice as to the ports we are visiting for tours. They are Venice overnight, Athens, Katakolon, Istanbul, Ephesus, Lesbos, Santorini, and Argostoli. Anyone else who may be going on this cruise, we would be glad to hear from you. I have 2 children ages 18 and 14 as well as my father and stepmother (and hubby) who will be with us.

What a cruise to start with ! In case it gives you a few ideas there are short videos showing Venice, Athens, Katakolon (Olympia), Istanbul, Ephesus and Santorini somewhere in this http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1633637

They were visited on 3 separate HAL Med cruises. All the best, Tony

Since you have a small group you may want to contact some tour guides directly. We used tour companies with small vans in several of those locations. It was glorious as we could get in close to places and never had to wait for slow pokes who were inconsiderate of others.

I'm sure the port section will give you many ideas as well as the Roll Call for your specific cruise.

Archived