Gym on the Independence

Does anyone know what time it opens?

Also, is it really busy at opening time? On a sea day? On a port day?

Is there a time limit on the machines?

Thanks! Planning in advance to help keep those cupcakes I keep seeing at bay!!! :rolleyes:

I love the fitness centre on Independence over Allure. What a view of the sea when on a treadmill.

Don't know if this is any different between European cruise and Caribbean cruise but on the European cruise it opens 6am-10pm every day. No different whether it is sea or port day.

The fitness centre is very big on the Indy so there should be plenty of machines available. Generally they advice on 20mins on the machines but if it's not busy just keep on using.

I love the fitness centre on Independence over Allure. What a view of the sea when on a treadmill.

Don't know if this is any different between European cruise and Caribbean cruise but on the European cruise it opens 6am-10pm every day. No different whether it is sea or port day.

The fitness centre is very big on the Indy so there should be plenty of machines available. Generally they advice on 20mins on the machines but if it's not busy just keep on using.

Thanks for the info sky0000547. Looking forward to the view from the treadmill. Is it facing forward? I found in the Celebrity gyms a lot of the time it was facing starboard side and that was okay when it was 6am and dark but sometimes a bit queasy when it was light out!

Hopefully it's not too busy--20 mins on a machine is only half!!!

Yes, it is usually 6 am opening time, and a 20 minute time limit. Just a friendly reminder (and I saw so much of this that I even commented on my guest survey card after the cruise!) - please remember to wipe down your machine at the end with the antibacterial wipes they provide. I saw so many people just walk away after they were done. I'm sorry but that's disgusting. I wiped before and after, just as a precaution. This was most recently on Jewel, and there were no signs posted indicating the "courtesy wipe"; I was quite surprised.

Not sure if people are just rude, don't honestly know that's what you should do, or what... but please do so and we'll have a safer environment for all to enjoy, and a healthier cruise vacation. :)

Many thanks.

Yes, it is usually 6 am opening time, and a 20 minute time limit. Just a friendly reminder (and I saw so much of this that I even commented on my guest survey card after the cruise!) - please remember to wipe down your machine at the end with the antibacterial wipes they provide. I saw so many people just walk away after they were done. I'm sorry but that's disgusting. I wiped before and after, just as a precaution. This was most recently on Jewel, and there were no signs posted indicating the "courtesy wipe"; I was quite surprised.

Not sure if people are just rude, don't honestly know that's what you should do, or what... but please do so and we'll have a safer environment for all to enjoy, and a healthier cruise vacation. :)

Many thanks.

Yuck! I always wiped down the machines BEFORE and after---I was usually one of the first ones there if not the first and just wanted to make sure they were clean from the day before!!! I don't remember anything posted on the Celebrity cruises to remind re: the wipe down but I generally think if you have gone to a gym before, you would know this. One thing I appreciated on Celebrity was the nice cold cloths handed to you when you were nearing the end of your workout! That was refreshing and appreciated.

We had good luck on Indy when going to the fitness center at lunch time. Very easy to get a machine then.

Good to know but most days if I'm not working out first thing, it kind of falls to the wayside.....thanks clarea.

Good to know but most days if I'm not working out first thing, it kind of falls to the wayside...

That's how I am too. ;) Depending on itinerary, I will just walk around the top deck if it's not too windy first thing instead of going to the gym for a treadmill. Some of my fondest memories are walking at sunrise in the Mediterranean... absolutely glorious and peaceful.

That's how I am too. ;) Depending on itinerary, I will just walk around the top deck if it's not too windy first thing instead of going to the gym for a treadmill. Some of my fondest memories are walking at sunrise in the Mediterranean... absolutely glorious and peaceful.

Can't wait! We were in Bermuda this past July and it was really nice seeing the sunrise.....will be as nicer if not more spectacular in 10 days in Europe!!!!

When we were abaord, the treadmills in the dead center were reserved for walkers. If you wanted to run, you were off to the side a bit. I noticed the signs after my first run. No one said a word in any event.

I thought the macines were high quality and well maintained when we were aboard. Very similar to the gym I use here at home.

Gym was empty on our Indy cruise, and we were there at what I'd consider peak times- 8am, on sea days. Never a problem getting a treadmill- in fact, there were probably only 15 people in the entire gym!

While running on the treadmill at sea one day, saw dolphins jumping out of the water in front of the ship- pretty cool!

Didn't see a power plate machine, but wasn't looking for it. The only thing I thought was odd was the huge boxing ring in the middle...what for? Waste of space.

Gym was empty on our Indy cruise, and we were there at what I'd consider peak times- 8am, on sea days. Never a problem getting a treadmill- in fact, there were probably only 15 people in the entire gym!

While running on the treadmill at sea one day, saw dolphins jumping out of the water in front of the ship- pretty cool!

Didn't see a power plate machine, but wasn't looking for it. The only thing I thought was odd was the huge boxing ring in the middle...what for? Waste of space.

When they built the Freedom class ships they got rid of the inside hot tub of the Voyager class ships and put in a boxing ring instead. They did offer boxing lessons. I don't know if they still do. I agree with you, in my opinion, it is a waste of space.

When they built the Freedom class ships they got rid of the inside hot tub of the Voyager class ships and put in a boxing ring instead. They did offer boxing lessons. I don't know if they still do. I agree with you, in my opinion, it is a waste of space.

Yup! Thought that was kind of weird for a cruise ship. Never saw anyone use it and I'm gym rat.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Archived