RCL Transfers

zelly2

Sailing on Serende of Seas in Dec. from New Orleans. Booked air myself. Should I use RCL transfers or shuttle from airport? Thought if I use RCL transfers would not have to deal with luggage at airport --- how does this work as first RCL cruise.

Greatly appreciate your help.

I recommend you get a cab or shuttle, with the transfers during disembarkation , the buses need to wait for all passengers for that bus before they can leave. The one advantage to a Transfer, if your flying in the day of the cruise and running late, a representative will be witing for you. This happened on our Coastal last week, there were a few late and had transfers. We sailed at 4:30, they arrived at 3:45.

Sailing on Serende of Seas in Dec. from New Orleans. Booked air myself. Should I use RCL transfers or shuttle from airport? Thought if I use RCL transfers would not have to deal with luggage at airport --- how does this work as first RCL cruise.

Not sure how the transfers work in New Orleans however we used them in Tampa back in March. Not really a great work savings. We had to haul our bags all the way to the end of the terminal where the bus we going to show up. They loaded the bags on the bus but once we got to the pier they unloaded them and gave them back to use so we could hand them over to the waiting porters. I thought once we got on the bus we wouldn't see our bags till the stateroom but nope. :rolleyes:

Bill

Cabs and shuttles from MSY to the port or CBD (Central Business District) are fixed rate in New Orleans:

Taxicabs:

A cab ride costs $33.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $14.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers. Pick-up is on the lower level, outside the baggage claim area. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. Taxis are required to offer a credit card payment option.

Airport Shuttle: Shuttle service is available from the airport to the hotels in the CBD for $20.00 (per person, one-way) or $38.00 (per person, round-trip). Three bags per person.

If you are flying in the day of the cruise, zelly...you would have to see how the transfer price compares.

~Patti :)

If you get the transfer, you will have to deal with luggage....in that you will have pick up luggage at baggage claim and wheel it out to the bus. I suppose they may unload it with the porters (We haven't used transfers for a while) :)

Thanks. I checked the transfers are $40 round trip which is almost same as the shuttle. I am doing my first solo cruise and was trying to make it as simple as possible and the easiest way for one person.

Will decide between transfers and shuttle.

Thanks so much for your help.

Archived