is it true that diamond members get a free photo?

billy10

You might get the old coupon books, but ships are converting to electronic coupons on the sea pass card. More likely you will have ecoupons. there should be a list of offers in your cabin. If not, go to the C&A/future cruise desk and ask them to print the letter for you.

On our recent Allure cruises, they scanned the photo, had us swipe our sea pass card and had us sign for $0.00. One each with no troubles at all. In the photo gallery, it was faster and easier than filling out the old coupons; other coupons were not so smooth, but this one was fine.

Edited by Starry Eyes

Two Diamond members in one cabin receive two coupon books. Yes, you get two free photos. What ship are you on? Some have electronic coupons, many do not. Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is three years old, but it seems the best place to put this:

While on the Grandeur last month, I tried to "buy" a photo of our tablemates as my free photo (Diamond Plus) -- we were going to give it to them as a surprise -- but was told that I couldn't because I'm not related to them. Okay, fair enough.

So, then, I immediately said I would instead get a photo of my 12-year-old daughter (who was standing there right next to me while this conversation was happening) from formal night at dinner. They gave me such a hard time because -- apparently -- you can only use the free photo benefit if you, yourself, are in the picture. Otherwise, you have to pay for the photo. This, according to staff of the Grandeur.

I was pretty surprised because that has never happened on any other RCI ship. I've never had an issue getting a photo of our daughter by herself as the free photo.

Eventually they relented, but let me know that they were bending the rules.

Anyone else ever had this happen?

Edited by MMLEsq

I was pretty surprised because that has never happened on any other RCI ship. I've never had an issue getting a photo of our daughter by herself as the free photo...

Oh dear! Sorry to hear this. I know it's of little help now, but I would have tried again when different staff were working the photo till. You never know. ;)

Yes, it is true, on the Grandeur anyway. When we were on the Grandeur in Dec. for our 50th Anniversary, some friends of ours wanted to get get us a picture, of us, for our anniversary and they wouldn't let them get their "free" picture unless they were in the picture. And these people were Pinnacle, so I guess it doesn't matter who you are, you can't do it. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, so never say never.....:rolleyes:

Gwen :)

While on the Grandeur last month, I tried to "buy" a photo of our tablemates as my free photo (Diamond Plus) -- we were going to give it to them as a surprise -- but was told that I couldn't because I'm not related to them. Okay, fair enough.

So, then, I immediately said I would instead get a photo of my 12-year-old daughter (who was standing there right next to me while this conversation was happening) from formal night at dinner. They gave me such a hard time because -- apparently -- you can only use the free photo benefit if you, yourself, are in the picture. Otherwise, you have to pay for the photo. This, according to staff of the Grandeur.

I was pretty surprised because that has never happened on any other RCI ship. I've never had an issue getting a photo of our daughter by herself as the free photo.

I haven't ever had a problem "buying" any photo. Whether I was in it or not.. Sounds like you got a case of grumpy in the photo dept. So sorry to hear about this..

That is insane. A photo is a photo. Why does it matter which one is free?:eek::confused:

We usually use our coupon for our boarding picture and a formal night picture. i make photo books of each cruise and I traditionally include one of each. Usually we end up purchasing a couple more. More often than not they include travel companions.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

No, but you should contact Crown and Anchor and register your DD. She will then be Diamond and qualify for a picture of her own. :D:D

Unfortunately, our son who is 14 and also Diamond was not allowed the "free" photo last week on Indy. We queried this with the C&A ambassador onboard, who confirmed this is correct. So they simply put that picture in the bin. What a waste!

Our two older sons, 19 and 22 were allowed their photo, however, if it had been a US based cruise, we were told the minimum age is 21!!

That is insane. A photo is a photo. Why does it matter which one is free?:eek::confused:

We usually use our coupon for our boarding picture and a formal night picture. i make photo books of each cruise and I traditionally include one of each. Usually we end up purchasing a couple more. More often than not they include travel companions.

Too many people were getting their free photos for other people who aren't entitled to them, whether they were for a gift for the other person or not. Don't know about other ships, but they are not allowed to do so on the Grandeur.

I really don't know what the big deal is....they only throw away the pictures that no one wants anyway.

Gwen [emoji3]

Recent fine print states that the person redeeming the free photo offer must be in the photo. Agree that "photo is a photo" and it shouldn't make difference but they make the rules:confused:

M

What kind of IDIOT at RCCL would come up with such a pointless "rule"........:rolleyes::mad::(:confused:

No, but you should contact Crown and Anchor and register your DD. She will then be Diamond and qualify for a picture of her own. :D:D

She is -- she's Diamond Plus -- but it's not one of the benefits that kids get. Kids get their own perks, but a free photo isn't one of them.

Recent fine print states that the person redeeming the free photo offer must be in the photo. Agree that "photo is a photo" and it shouldn't make difference but they make the rules:confused:

M

Interesting.... I usually read fine print (lawyer, here), but must have missed it this time. Is this a recent change, or is it something that's just not enforced on all the ships?

In any event, it was odd that the conversation went:

RC Staff: Who are these people in this photo?

Me: Oh, they're our tablemates.

RC Staff: So, they're not related to you?

Me: No.

What was the point of that portion of the exchange if they were going to announce 2 minutes later that I couldn't get the picture of my daughter because I wasn't in the picture? I wasn't in the picture with my tablemates either.

On Liberty, they have gone all digital for photo viewing. They only print out the ones you order. Under that system, you could use the coupon for any of the pictures that showed up under your profile. So, a picture of unrelated tablemates wouldn't work, but you could certainly buy a picture of your own child (and we did).

Unfortunately, our son who is 14 and also Diamond was not allowed the "free" photo last week on Indy. We queried this with the C&A ambassador onboard, who confirmed this is correct. So they simply put that picture in the bin. What a waste!

Our two older sons, 19 and 22 were allowed their photo, however, if it had been a US based cruise, we were told the minimum age is 21!!

I don't know who told you that, but 18 and above are considered "adults" and get the same coupon benefits as any other adult, except for not being able to use any that are alcohol related, if they're below 21. (For example, the BOGO glass of wine.) Our 18 year old son was able to get one free photo on a US based cruise.

We were on the Adventure jun 25-july 2 and both my parents are diamond members and they each got a free print. It was pre loaded on their sea pass card.

They also gave them each a promo package of 5 prints for $50. So we got 12 prints for $100, quite a deal!

I am sure that it is to keep people from doing what I (perfectly legitimately) did a couple of years ago. There was a lovely young couple at my dinner table on their honeymoon. I bought them a picture of themselves with my coupon.

:)

But for pity's sake, what does Royal Caribbean CARE how I use my free picture coupon?!?!? They offer, I use. That should be all.