Dilliards

momofmeg

Okay, hubby announces to me last night he needs a new swimsuit for our cruise. So I run to Dillards and they still had ONE in his size-$3. A basic royal blue with a thin navy strip nothing special, but at least he has one-lol!

You KNOW what they cost in resort areas and often not even Walmart quality. I know I lost my swimsuit bottoms a couple years back when we went to Myrtle Beach (found them on the floor of my bedroom after getting home) and I paid way too much for a piece of junk but at least I had suit bottoms which I later donated.

Anyway the clerk told me they are pulling all their summer stuff today so if you need something you need to go today. I am just glad hubby told me last night!

I have them nearby and never shop there, so go figure - just like hair, you always want what you don't have:p

$3 is a great price on a bathing suit though!

I do not like that now they follow you around asking if they can help you in Dilliards. When I am looking, please let me look, if I need help I ask for it. Of course Macy's and Belks are the opposite. It is like pulling teeth to find a person to ring up your purchase. That is not good either.

I certainly did not expect his swimsuit to be $3. I was thinking if I could find one it would be more like $30 on clearance and since the suit was originally $55 I probably would have paid that 2 weeks ago. They had marked it down that low because they were about to pack everything up.

There used to be these salvage stores around here that would get department store stuff and would sell it the following season. I know Macys had a policy that anything returned was not put back on the racks for sale back then. So whatever was left over the end of the seasons and the returned merchandise the salvage stores got. I used to love those salvage stores back when our budget was really tight.

As I said, I was not too crazy about this suit, but it will do and the suit is much better than spending $100 or more in a resort area for him a suit that is poor quality and also not too attractive either to boot!. A note to myself. Next spring, buy hubby another swimsuit-lol! while there are plenty to choose from!

Archived