sailing oct.on Brillance-hump cabin(?)

We chose#7592-is this a "hump"-just knew that balconey looked bigger-now I have read that bal. on level 7 have some closed views-is this because of the hump?-final payment is due in 3 days and would like to change balconies if this is true(12 days is a long time if you are not happy with the cabin(O:)Anyone else planning on the 15th?

hello...Hopefully, I can help just a bit. We will also be on the Radiance, but not till December 11th. We too, have taken a hump cabin for the first time, even though this is our 14th cruise. We have chosen room cabin 9078 and have been told that this D-1 category hump cabin and 9256 are the best cabins because no other people are next to you on one side of the cabin in 9078, the balconies are larger, and you can see right down into the water. Cabin 9256 is supposed to be great because it is on the back of the ship, is very quiet, and has a huge balcony with a wide open view of the ocean.

We were told that the hump cabins on decks 7 and 8 in some cases are also very nice, but many have said that an E-2 and E-1 cabin are not as good as a D-1 because some hump cabins ont he 7th and 8th floors, look right down into the lifeboats.

Again, until we cruise, I cannot verify what I have mentioned to you, but it comes from other people responding to the same questions I posed to them.

Hope this helps a bit. Enjoy your cruise. The Radiance is a wonderful ship.

Regards,

Dave

Guest cruzr44

In 7592 your balcony will be bigger, but you will be looking at the lifeboat covers (it is a solid white cover that sticks out past the balcony about 4 feet at floor level). You just can't see straight down to the water but you can still look straight out. My parents had the handicap cabin on the other side of the hump on 7. We had 8596 and could see straight down with no obstruction. I personally didn't like looking at the cover, but others say it doesn't bother them. If you do change cabins good luck finding another cabin with an extended balcony. They seem to go fast.

thanks for the info-another reason to check this board out!-we wanted a larger balconey and did book early- and got a terrific deal for an E 1 so guess we are happy to be going etc... if I had know about the boats I would have chosen differently but hopefully the boats won't interfere with the sunsets etc. so (O:

We also had cabin 8596 on the Brilliance hump and it had the best view we have ever had in cruising. The balcony is further out from the ship and no one can see into your area. You can also see the whole side of the ship from front to back from there. It is far enough out over the water so that the lifeboat roof/cover is not visible and you can see straight down to the water. It is such a great location that I booked the same area on the Navigator hump for our back to back cruise next year.

sailnsee: we're on the Brilliance with you for the 10/15 sailing, but two decks up from you, inside cabin. Still debating and seeing if we can switch to an outside, but the balconies are pretty much all gone, and the prices are pretty steep.

Alexis and pbhunt: hiyeeeeeeee!!!!! Glad you're back, Alexis.

can you tell me how to get the countdown to appear as my signature? (test forum was no help) I went to tickerfactory and selected my countdown; then cut and pasted; tried to put it in "edit signature" and all that shows up is the url stuff. any help would be appreciated

thanx

mary

Hi, Alexis. We moved and they seem to be getting my C&A magazine to me on time now! Thanks for asking.

What cruise did you book for 2006? Patti is a bad influence on me, told me about her Hawaii cruise, and I started looking into it. We booked the Radiance roundtrip from San Diego. :D

We just did a family trip to Disney with 13, so no cruise this Dec. It was worth it and we all had a great time. Rained every day we were there, but that did not stop us.

I started looking for 2006.

I tried for the Empress 11 nighter that we took in Dec., but no balcony cabins are available. We loved that itinerary. Then I tried to find a good cruise in Hawaii without having to do 4-5 sea days,(yuk) and came up empty on that one. Looked at the Panama canal on the Brilliance, but it only cruises the canal.

So, I booked the Navigator back to back for Dec. 2006. :( That's only about 508 days from now. :D

What month does the Radiance do that cruise? I did not know of a round trip.

It's the 9/23/06 sailing, but there's a lot of sea days, which you said you didn't want. We won't have to fly, and I've wanted to do Hawaii, so it's perfect for us.

We're on this Brilliance cruise this October 15th. I'm really, really excited to be going back to the Med. Took 3 years to find the itinerary at the price I wanted, but patience paid off!!

Glad you're back; we missed you.

I can't remember if you said you had sailed the Brilliance. We did the 11 night southern Caribbean on her in Dec. 2003 and what a great ship she is.

I checked on your Hawaii cruise and if not for all the sea days, we would take it too. The airfare from Vegas was bad enough the two times we went there for cruises, but now that we are back in New York it would be a fortune. Plus, I would lose my marbles doing 12 hours in the air. They would have to put me in a padded room on arrival. :eek:

You've got plenty of choices now on the East Coast, Alexis. You can get FABULOUS airfares to Europe and do the Med and all those great itineraries. I'm jealous!! By the way, I started using bestfares.com when someone recommended them to me for air on this message board. They are great for Europe if you decide to go over the pond. :D

No, this will be our first Brilliance cruise, and next year our first Radiance. We've done Enchantment, Grandeur and Splendour (aren't they all Vision class???? can't remember).

Archived