Princess Changed the Reservation

Eagle_and_hawk

This is more of a heads up to watch your Princess reservations at their WEB site and not rely on the TA if you used one.

Last March, we booked a PC cruise for 2/2014, selecting a covered balcony on Baja, forward area. I signed onto Princess this morning, to find they had "upgraded" us to an uncovered balcony room, in the back, down on Dolphin deck (ME to MB). We knew nothing about this and called the TA as would not book this area.

The TA called Princess and for some reason, they did this upgrade, and is in the process of trying to get our room back, as it had been more than 48 hours. The TA confirmed with Princess, our reservation was marked as Do Not Upgrade as this is one of the first things we do after booking.

I ask the TA why we were not notified and she said princess may have let them know & they just missed updating their system & us. I would have thought their system would have been connected to the Princess system as in airlines, etc.; however do not really know.

We have to wait a couple of days to hear back from Princess, however, fortunately there are a couple of rooms next to the original still available as option #2.

There was a big price reduction about 20 days ago & we contacted the TA, and we did get that. It was not a change in category, and not sure if somewhere in this process, it all got changed. I had noticed last week, that our dining had been changed to anytime and I knew we had booked traditional, so made the change online. I did not notice if the room had changed at that time, just found it a little strange.

If we had not signed into Princess to look at it, I am not sure when we would have found out. Just glad it was not when we were printing boarding passes. Hoping it all gets straightened out the next couple of days.

David & Ellen

We had a covered Mini-suite, B231 booked on Baja, which is an ME category (Coral Princess). They moved us to D611, Dolphin deck which is a MB I think it was, which is uncovered. Technically they see it as some upgrade. There are rooms available all around that area on Baja, as only a couple of those rooms booked, and the one we had is of course not showing as available.

David & Ellen

This was a very helpful site for comparing cabins. Hope it will help you.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id6.html

Yes, I have that one book marked, as excellent reference :)

That was the second place I looked to see if the balcony was covered or not since never been on the Coral before.

The cabin we had picked was well thought out as far as location as I want to be in the front of the ship, way up high, to feel the motion of the ocean. It's a plus for us as usually least desirable for other people.

David & Ellen.

David and Ellen,

Ask your TA how many codes are on your reservation. If you have more than two codes, they will not all show on the first page, and this is often where mixups occur. Princess OBC shows up as a code, your NUP is a code, etc. If you have more than two codes, that may be the source of the 'confusion'.

Yes, I have that one book marked, as excellent reference :)

That was the second place I looked to see if the balcony was covered or not since never been on the Coral before.

The cabin we had picked was well thought out as far as location as I want to be in the front of the ship, way up high, to feel the motion of the ocean. It's a plus for us as usually least desirable for other people.

David & Ellen.

Ha ha. Good to know I am not the only one who enjoys the motion and chooses cabins for the same reason. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't agree so he gets his choices when we are on longer cruises. I hope it works out for you.

Same thing happened to us. Marked reservation "category" upgrade only, but they moved us from a BD to a BA. We like being aft on Caribe, not midship on another deck!:rolleyes: I got an email congratulating us for our good luck, so I called them within the hour and got the cabin back. :)

Same thing happened to us. Marked reservation "category" upgrade only, but they moved us from a BD to a BA. We like being aft on Caribe, not midship on another deck!:rolleyes: I got an email congratulating us for our good luck, so I called them within the hour and got the cabin back. :)

Did you book directly with Princess & not a travel agent or transfer it to a travel agent?

I wished we had gotten some notification from Princess, when ever the change happened as we get plenty of other emails from them every week. I wondered if you book & stay with them, if that changes how you get notified.

I know Princess can make changes or give you what they deem an upgrade at any time, however this just seemed a little strange to see this happening 130+ days in advance. In addition to it, when I look at all the mini-suites in the front of the ship on Baja, there are 22. all category ME and only 4 are sold, including the one we originally booked.

Main point of posting was really just to make some new cruisers (like us) aware of what can happen, and in thie case, all the notifications fell through the cracks.

I am hoping to hear back from the TA ther next day or two and we will most likely just end up with one of the other 18 rooms available, which is fine with us as still same area.

David & Ellen

Did you book directly with Princess & not a travel agent or transfer it to a travel agent?

I wished we had gotten some notification from Princess, when ever the change happened as we get plenty of other emails from them every week. I wondered if you book & stay with them, if that changes how you get notified.

I know Princess can make changes or give you what they deem an upgrade at any time, however this just seemed a little strange to see this happening 130+ days in advance. In addition to it, when I look at all the mini-suites in the front of the ship on Baja, there are 22. all category ME and only 4 are sold, including the one we originally booked.

Main point of posting was really just to make some new cruisers (like us) aware of what can happen, and in thie case, all the notifications fell through the cracks.

I am hoping to hear back from the TA ther next day or two and we will most likely just end up with one of the other 18 rooms available, which is fine with us as still same area.

David & Ellen

We've had a couple of bad experiences with TA, so I book myself, watch for price drops and other promotions. Just before final payment, I check with travel agents to see if they can get me a better deal by way of lower fare, OBC or other benefits. If they can, I transfer to them.

I have become a bit of a control freak after one TA cancelled a cruise we were booked on. :mad: "Oops, Sorry." just isn't a good excuse. :rolleyes: Luckily, I caught it almost immediately and was able to go directly to Princess and get it back.

If you book directly, you have complete control and will get notifications. With TA everything has to go through them.... even if you want to change your dining venue!

If you book directly, you have complete control and will get notifications. With TA everything has to go through them.... even if you want to change your dining venue!

Actually, we're using a TA - and the booking on Princess showed that I had traditional dining, which isn't what we requested, so I changed it myself on the site, and alerted the TA so she wouldn't change it back mistakenly. My booking on the Princess site still shows Anytime Dining. :)

It may be a bit OCD, but I check our Cruise Personalizer every day once I see that my category is sold out. Even if the category is not sold out I check it every couple of days just to be sure everything is unchanged.

At this point we're waitlisted for first seating, too. so I'm also checking to see how far up the list we have moved.

We always pick a cabin and mark it for no upgrades, but I still keep an eye on it to avoid any unwanted surprises.

Archived