Puerto Rico rain forest

Yodalicious

We did the rain forest on our first stop at San Juan. It was really good. I would like to do it again sometime. It is a bit of a drive to get there and the conditions of some of the homes should make one appreciate what we have here in the states. Once there the tour guide was very informative, the scenery wonderful and the walking fairly easy. There are a few places that walking might be a challenge for a few folks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We did the rain forest on our first stop at San Juan. It was really good. I would like to do it again sometime. It is a bit of a drive to get there and the conditions of some of the homes should make one appreciate what we have here in the states. Once there the tour guide was very informative, the scenery wonderful and the walking fairly easy. There are a few places that walking might be a challenge for a few folks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree! we took the rain forest tour because we wanted to see some of the island. Our guide was terrific and showed his great love of the rain forest and wonderful museum/nature center. The forest was beautiful, lush with flowers and waterfalls. We had the opportunity to take a walk through the forest (optional) to see a very old reservoir. The forest was filled with the sounds of nature.

On the way back we drove through the old section of San Juan by the fort, and the guide gave information to those who wanted to see the sites there and walk back to the ship.

We were very glad we chose this tour, and would recommend it!

Karen

During our last visit to PR we rented a car and drove to the rainforest ourselves. It was nice because we were able to move through the rainforest at our leisure. We often noticed the tours stop at the waterfall for a pic or two and quickly moved on, whereas we stayed as long as we wanted. We were in port so long that time that we also visited the large fort at the tip of the island and stopped for ice cream before the day was done. Renting a car was very cheap and it was very easy to get to the rainforest. If I recall correctly it was about 20 minutes from the car rental place and the car rental place was about 5 minutes from the pier. Just an idea!

When DW and I sailed out of PR last year we arrive a few days early and took the Rain Forest tour though the hotel. We saw the forest, water falls, and got rained on, good tour, but the tour was way to long for me.

Archived