Looking for best price. 12 day British Isles June 4

lbeck

I've agreed to join another couple for the June 4 sailing of the Ruby Princess at the British Isles. The date and itinerary is locked in. We will book it this week.

My reason for this post is to fish for any deals that may beat the going sale that ends this month for $1999. I've used the search engines offered on this site and didn't find a better price. I've been told that travel agencies can sometimes offer substantial discounts but aren't allowed to advertise the prices.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

You can book with Princess to lock into the cabin price and then transfer your bookings to a TA. The TA would tell you what is needed to transfer to them.

Have your 2 bookings linked together so if you have traditional dining you are at the same table.

When you transfer your booking to a TA, make sure that the TA does not charge for any changes that you make to the booking (ie - reduction of price), and they do not charge any cancellation fee. Once you have transferred your booking, Princess will only answer general questions, if you call into them. They will refer you to your TA as the agency owns your booking and is getting the commission.

I have made my own bookings with deposit online with Princess and then have my TA transfer the booking to their agency with no problem. Some cruiselines have a deadline on when you can transfer to an travel agency, I don't think Princess has a deadline (?), up until final payment.

Princess does not allow TA to advertise a cheaper cruise fare but some TA will reduce the fare by taking a lower commission and give an onboard credit(OBC) to have your booking.

Archived