Pinnacle at age 25!!!

Guest maddycat
Just got back from a cruise, where the loyalty ambassador mentioned that there was a guest onboard who, at age 23, was roughly 150 points away from Pinnacle. Based on the cruises booked, this person would surpass 700 points at the age of 25!!!

Could you imagine being 25 and Pinnacle!!!??

Good for them! I personally will never get to be Pinnacle. 4 more cruises and I'll be Diamond Plus. Yea! That will be quite an achievement and will make me very happy.

Though not on cruises , Through her job ,my DD at 28 has been to places I couldn't spell at her age :). All over the globe. Its been 4 years now and she still loves it , still looks forward to the next trip, hasn't gotten jaded yet. In fact the places she falls in love with on the companies dime are the places she ends up spending on her vacations. Better than any travel brochure *LOL*

Hoping one day she will use her mega frequent flyer miles to send her dotty old man on a nice trip *LOL*

Edited by babyher

Well my two boys are 14 and 12 and have been on around 18 cruises which started at 9 months old. They have been all over the Caribbean, seen lots of the US, climbed Mount Vesuvius, explored the Vatican, been up the Eiffel Tower, toured the Nou Camp, seen the Acropolis and covered most of Europe.

They have had an incredible education whilst enjoying themselves at the same time.

They also interact extremely well with all ages and Nationalities :)

Nothing Jaded here..............simply wondering what will this person be doing at my age? Yes the possibilities are endless.

since it seems he likes ships maybe he will be a ship's captain?

seems like there are some jealous folks on here..

my grandson works for a well known international company and flies AA once a month from Chicago to Sao Paulo by way of Miami. (except dec) He has done this just short of the last 5 years. so, I'm pretty sure that few 27yo's that have the miles he has racked up.

Edited by Sherlock43031

my grandson works for a well known international company and flies AA once a month from Chicago to Sao Paulo by way of Miami. (except dec) He has done this just short of the last 5 years. so, I'm pretty sure that few 27yo's that have the miles he has racked up.

Jealous? No. Braggarts? Yes.

I think this young man is fortunate, but many of us, myself included, are fortunate in many different ways.

Your GS also sounds like a fortunate man with an interesting life. His trips to Brazil might add up to 12K miles per month or so. I know plenty of business travelers in his age group who must rack up way more than 12K air miles a month. I am not jealous of them; they have challenging lives.

Edited by Starry Eyes

Well to answer your :confused: question.

With my own experience and those I see... As I have gotten older..My income has grown as have my tastes and expectations. My vacations have gotten more extravagant and expensive. No my friend at 50 I do not relish the thought of sleeping in the car at the beach or even in a tent on the beach as I did when I was younger. I can afford an air conditioned RV/room/cabin etc. now if I want one. Point being I slept in a tent because at 25 I could not afford more. Sure I enjoyed myself and did not know or care of what I might have been missing if I had money. Yes at 50 there are some things I would not enjoying doing again.

So this young man, Pinnacle at 25, as he ages and hopefully his tastes refine and hopefully his income grows.. what will he advance to? Appears he started well ahead of most of us. This is all its not rocket science

Maybe he can advance to a private yacht. I was lucky to go to a family wedding at 25. I had to live on a teacher's salary. My kids will hit diamond before 18. We live in Florida and cruise minimum 2 times a year. DH and I like to go off for weekends too; so sometimes 4 or 5 times a year. Very economical weekend vaca. The kids cruise 1 or 2 times a year. Don't know that I will hit Pinnacle, but Diamond is around the corner. DS is 15 gotta get there in less than 3 years.

Kelly

Maybe he can advance to a private yacht. I was lucky to go to a family wedding at 25. I had to live on a teacher's salary. My kids will hit diamond before 18. We live in Florida and cruise minimum 2 times a year. DH and I like to go off for weekends too; so sometimes 4 or 5 times a year. Very economical weekend vaca. The kids cruise 1 or 2 times a year. Don't know that I will hit Pinnacle, but Diamond is around the corner. DS is 15 gotta get there in less than 3 years.

Kelly

Assuming the kids live with you, If D is around the corner for you, it is also around the corner for your minor son as he will get your status.

Just got back from a cruise, where the loyalty ambassador mentioned that there was a guest onboard who, at age 23, was roughly 150 points away from Pinnacle. Based on the cruises booked, this person would surpass 700 points at the age of 25!!!

Could you imagine being 25 and Pinnacle!!!??

While it is nice that such a young person is fortunate to have cruised often enough to get to be pinnacle, it certainly isn't not something I'm jealous of (especially if it was just to the Caribbean).

I think I prefer the land vacations around North America that I was fortunate to take as I was growing-up. They opened my eyes up to so many more things than I think 12 hours in a city would have for me.

EWW that might be hard to do.....go from vacationer on a ship to working on one. Besides if this Chap wants to be a commercial ship captain..he had better hit the school books and then get some experience working on a ship. take a little less vacation time...just sayin.

I have always wanted to go to North Dakota and Wyoming!!!

Born and raised in Florida...I think the west and great north west is amazing! So unlike Florida!

Jealous? No. Braggarts? Yes.

Jealous ? ......yeah a little , wish I had been on so many trips by that age. But hey more power to him

Braggart? when it comes to my kids you bet. When I see what some people have to deal with.....I am the luckiest guy in the world.

I thought that the loyalty ambassador told the OP, not the man himself, so I don't see how he's a braggart?

REALLY

Who cares if anyone is bragging.....If being excited about and talking of one's good fortune is bragging.......whatever! Let them feel bad about it. I love to hear success stories.

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

I know.. I was agreeing with you. I guess my 6 grade education and writing skills are showing. :):)

Ha sorry John I thought you were disagreeing :D

Anyway I'll never make Pinnacle as 1. I like loads of land based holidays as well and 2. I like trying different cruise lines :p

I'll try though :cool:

He didn't actually have to GO on any cruises at all to get to Pinnacle status...just his parents did. Children who live in the same house used to achieve the same status as their parents. I don't if this has changed or not. Our children are Diamond and have only been on 2-3 cruises each!

Yes, he probably received the D+ on the parents status, but to reach Pinnacle must be earned on his own.

From 18 forward or if you physically cruised for say 15yrs with parents and have 500 points they transfer too ?

You never lose points for cruises you have been on yourself, no matter what your age.

From 18 forward or if you physically cruised for say 15yrs with parents and have 500 points they transfer too ?

From 18 years on they have the points that they have actually earned by cruising themselves. If they have cruise enough to earn 500 points they would keep them. The only thing that transfers is the status of the parent to those under age 18. After age 18 they retain that status but only have the points they only earned. (Pinnacle Club status cannot be transferred. It must be earned.)

Edited by ARCruisinNana