Pinnacle at age 25!!!

After children's 18th birthdays their status goes to what it would be based on their number of cruises, not their parents.

That's not quite true. They have the same status as their parents up to their 18th birthday, and retain this status thereon but their points go to what they have actually sailed before their 18th.

For instance when my youngest son turned 18 he retained the status we had at the time, which was Diamond, even though his cruising points were less than 80. He is now aged 20 and has subsequently sailed a few more times and his last cruise brought him up to 80 points i.e. Diamond in his own right - however during that period of time between ages 18 and 20 he was still classed as Diamond and would have continued to be, even if he never cruised again.

Pinnacle doesn't pass to children, it does for all the other levels.

After children's 18th birthdays their status goes to what it would be based on their number of cruises, not their parents. So this person has 550 of their own points.

After a child turns 18, their points revert to those they actually earned, but their C&A level stays the same.

After a child turns 18, their points revert to those they actually earned, but their C&A level stays the same.

My two eldest sons who are over 18 and still live with us have cruised once, and they have platinum status and same points as me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My two eldest sons who are over 18 and still live with us have cruised once, and they have platinum status and same points as me.

It's common for Royal to miss fixing the C&A points when children turn 18. However, people have reported that points do get "fixed", most often when the child cruises next.

Edited by clarea

Congrats.. I seen some posts where people talked about cheap cruises.. I know a person who lives in Florida in the winter and goes on alot of last mintue cruises for dirt cheap and you still get the same amount of points.. So its quite possible. Also maybe their parents took them on alot of cruises, There is alot of NN on this board today. Smile relax enjoy your cruises, Cruise Status doesnt mean too much to me. :)

It's common for Royal to miss fixing the C&A points when children turn 18. However, people have reported that points do get "fixed", most often when the child cruises next.

Well we all cruise together next month, there might be tears from them after..:D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason12

haha. Yeah, I'd rather have my degree than Pinnacle.

Still, I think it is great that he is on track to make Pinnacle so at such a young age.

I'd rather have my degree too. Without it I'd have no income to cruise in the first place.

I don't know why people keep commenting they'd rather have a degree than be pinnacle in reference to the 23 year old. What indication do you have this person doesn't have a degree?? Or it's a total non sequitur, like me saying I'd rather have my own yacht than be pinnacle.

Likely someone who is 23 and is on track to pinnacle does have a degree as the cost of college is more of a barrier to a degree these days than the rigors of college.

I don't know why people keep commenting they'd rather have a degree than be pinnacle in reference to the 23 year old.

I was the first to say it. The context of my post was, it's my opinion that making such a high loyalty status at an early age is not an accomplishment. Some people think it's amazing, cool, etc, and that's fine. It's their opinion. I just dont' share it. The degree comment was just an example of what I would consider an accomplishment for someone in their early 20s.

I don't know why people keep commenting they'd rather have a degree than be pinnacle in reference to the 23 year old. What indication do you have this person doesn't have a degree?? Or it's a total non sequitur, like me saying I'd rather have my own yacht than be pinnacle.

Likely someone who is 23 and is on track to pinnacle does have a degree as the cost of college is more of a barrier to a degree these days than the rigors of college.

Anyone who is on track to pinnacle at age 23 probably is most likely not looking at the cost of collage as being any type of a barrier.

I was the first to say it. The context of my post was, it's my opinion that making such a high loyalty status at an early age is not an accomplishment. Some people think it's amazing, cool, etc, and that's fine. It's their opinion. I just dont' share it. The degree comment was just an example of what I would consider an accomplishment for someone in their early 20s.

I understand your point and totally agree.

That's not quite true. They have the same status as their parents up to their 18th birthday, and retain this status thereon but their points go to what they have actually sailed before their 18th.

For instance when my youngest son turned 18 he retained the status we had at the time, which was Diamond, even though his cruising points were less than 80. He is now aged 20 and has subsequently sailed a few more times and his last cruise brought him up to 80 points i.e. Diamond in his own right - however during that period of time between ages 18 and 20 he was still classed as Diamond and would have continued to be, even if he never cruised again.

I'm not sure how this makes a difference really. If they are considered Diamond, it does not matter how many actual cruise points they have. The only thing it changes is they have to work up to the next level all on their own.

I am sorry, but when perusing the boards this morning, and stumbling on this comment by Toddcan, I nearly spit my coffee across the room... LMAO!!!

You are the second person to say that. :) Why do i not "get" it?????? :confused::o