Pinnacle at age 25!!!

As a follow up - we were just on Serenade where another individual made PC at 26 years of age. We were told this person is the youngest to actually earn the status, with the exception of a couple in Brazil, who somehow got their 11 year old the status because they are under 18 years of age.

We met the family. The 9-year-old from Brazil earned enough points to gain Pinnacle status, there was no special arrangement or accomodation made.

Sorry, that is incorrect. Pinnacle status is achieved by actual cruises sailed and points accrued by the individual. The only way to get instant Pinnacle status is to marry one (edited to add: or to be a significant other in the same household). :rolleyes:

We sailed with a 9-year-old Pinnacle in January, on Oasis. She was the youngest Pinnacle on record, at the time. And she had accrued her own points, although she obviously had not paid for her cruises.

Can SO status get you PC?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Why do you keep bringing up an accomplishment is a degree? Why can't you have both accomplishments? My Grandson has been Diamond since he was 17 and on his own points. He's closing in on Diamond Plus. His first cruise was when he was 3. He's 22 and gets his degree in December. He hasn't missed out on anything. He's seen so much of the world and he's learned so much both from the places he's seen and the people he has met both on and off the ship. We are not people with money. We're teachers and police officers mostly and we save, save, save to be able to go on these family trips. He went to public schools so we only cruised during school breaks. He has been able to go to college on an academic scholarship, and will graduate with honors. We have a cruise planned for December to celebrate his graduation and he's taking a friend along with us. He's excited to show her why he loves cruising so much because they are also going on a cruise in June, but he will still be a long way from pinnacle, and she will just be signing up with C&A after their first cruise.

Why do you keep bringing up an accomplishment is a degree? Why can't you have both accomplishments? My Grandson has been Diamond since he was 17 and on his own points. He's closing in on Diamond Plus. His first cruise was when he was 3. He's 22 and gets his degree in December. He hasn't missed out on anything. He's seen so much of the world and he's learned so much both from the places he's seen and the people he has met both on and off the ship. We are not people with money. We're teachers and police officers mostly and we save, save, save to be able to go on these family trips. He went to public schools so we only cruised during school breaks. He has been able to go to college on an academic scholarship, and will graduate with honors. We have a cruise planned for December to celebrate his graduation and he's taking a friend along with us. He's excited to show her why he loves cruising so much because they are also going on a cruise in June, but he will still be a long way from pinnacle, and she will just be signing up with C&A after their first cruise.

You should be proud of your grandson. However, I'm not sure you are posting on the right thread, and if you are, what your reference is. Just a suggestion, it might help if you quote the post you are replying to.

Edited by travelgoddess1

If a person takes three one week cruises per year in a suite, they would be Pinnacle by age 17.

If a person takes four one week cruises per year in a suite, they would be Pinnacle by age 13.

Both of these scenarios could easily be done by a child with well off parents.

I heard (don't know if it is true) that a nine year old girl from Brazil is Pinnacle.

If a child cruises one week during Easter, one week during Christmas and four weeks during summer, all in suites, that child could make Pinnacle by the age of nine.

This is certainly a 'nice to have', I remember before we hit D and wanted to get into the D lounge, then we hit D and from then wondered what the D+ lounge was like, now we are D+ we are on course to hit P in about 15 years by which time they will probably double the number of points needed.

We do know a few very down to earth Pinnacles who don't wear the badge everywhere, one of them is actually a new cruiser who had the food fortune to marry an existing Pinnacle club member and automatically got the status.

My kids have been D+ on their own for a a long time. We live in Florida so can just drive to the port. We cruise once or twice a year with them. Plus, they took spring break cruises during college with their friends. Two of the kids were actually D+ when they turned 18 with their own points. My oldest needed to complete an extra cruise to get D+ at 18.

About 6? years ago they offered double diamonds in December, I believe it was called. You had to cruise during December or Christmas. I don't remember the details. BUT my kids and I cruised in suites and we got 3X points for a 7 night cruise gave us 21 points. I know we did that 2 or 3 years in a row. Those points added up fast.

I have no idea if I will make it to pinnacle since I am only half way there. But I can see my kids making it.

I think that is one lucky kid and I expect he also got the extra points for travel in Dec. when they offered that promotion. I wish they would bring it back! I did see a promo for the extra points a few years back for travel on Oasis and Allure in June.

For the record, two are UF graduates with advanced degrees. My youngest is still in University and is looking forward to her Christmas and spring break cruise on RCCL. While they may have cruised a lot, they also excelled in school.

Edited by dasi11

When they turn 18 tho', they have to actually get to Diamond with their own points before they can advance further, right ?

When each child turns 18, they will retain the level that their parents have on that date (up to Diamond Plus). However, their point total will only be from cruises that the child has actually taken. For example, they might be Diamond level with 30 points.

Edited by clarea

I still do not understand why so many people are hung up on a status in a loyalty Scheme. Yes I enjoy the benefits that I get, but they are not life changing and certainly once above Diamond the benefits are fairly similar ( and yes you have to spend a lot of money to get a Pinnacle free cruise ). If I want to cruise I will, I look at the best options for myself and Mrs C and book that.

Sometimes it will be on a Royal ship and I enjoy the lounge access, but a couple of free drinks does not buy our loyalty. That is earned from the very first cruise where we enjoyed ourselves and decided to come back. If I continue to enjoy my cruise experience, and get value for money, I will continue to return.

I don't care what other levels fellow cruisers are at, their Pound, Euro, Dollar is worth the same as mine and therefore we should all be treated well.

Sometimes I find cruises with other lines that offer different ports, and different benefits, it that suits our needs we would choose those options.

Yes Royal is our preferred Cruise Line, but I know my name and do not need it on a badge to remind myself of it, although I recognise those that have achieved Pinnacle and respect their right to wear the badge if they choose to.:D

We do know a few very down to earth Pinnacles who don't wear the badge everywhere, one of them is actually a new cruiser who had the food fortune to marry an existing Pinnacle club member and automatically got the status.

I can see the personal ad now:

"Aspiring trophy wife seeks RCCL Pinnacle Club member. Age is irrelevant as long as you live long enough to apply for my matching status." :D:D:D

Welshrich - this is NOT a commentary on your new cruiser. Just a commentary on this thread, and the importance many place on Pinnacle status.

I can see the personal ad now:

"Aspiring trophy wife seeks RCCL Pinnacle Club member. Age is irrelevant as long as you live long enough to apply for my matching status." :D:D:D

Welshrich - this is NOT a commentary on your new cruiser. Just a commentary on this thread, and the importance many place on Pinnacle status.

I think I'll take out this personal ad:

"If you like pina coladas, have cruises on the brain; if you're into buffet food, if you're not quite insane; if you're part of the Pin-na-cles, I don't caaare about your shape; I'm that love that you've looked for, link with me and escape!"

I think I'll take out this personal ad:

"If you like pina coladas, have cruises on the brain; if you're into buffet food, if you're not quite insane; if you're part of the Pin-na-cles, I don't caaare about your shape; I'm that love that you've looked for, link with me and escape!"

Awesome

What kind of food did (s)he make a fortune in? :confused:

I don't know which is more amusing:

1. Reading a resurrected thread and being reminded of past comments.

or

2. The rumor of some Brazilian kid who gets younger every time the story is told.

:D

Edited by Aquahound

Excuse my lack of knowledge here but do these statuses give you much onboard? Diamond, pinnacle etc.

I'm the top one on NCL and we get a few things like a bottle of sparkling, dinner for two etc but not that great.

We've two weeks on Navigator next July in an Owners Suite and a Grand Suite with drinks included, is there much we'll miss out on?

... We've two weeks on Navigator next July in an Owners Suite and a Grand Suite with drinks included, is there much we'll miss out on?

About the only perk you won't have that a Pinnacle level guest would have is free internet.

Excuse my lack of knowledge here but do these statuses give you much onboard? Diamond, pinnacle etc.

I'm the top one on NCL and we get a few things like a bottle of sparkling, dinner for two etc but not that great.

We've two weeks on Navigator next July in an Owners Suite and a Grand Suite with drinks included, is there much we'll miss out on?

OS and GS on an Oasis or Quantum ship will give you quite a different experience. Private dining, longer lounge hours, extensive suite sundeck. Those perks are extended to Pinnacles as well.