Where is Rhapsody going?

PCWalton1

May 2, 2015, Gina. HNL to YVR (13 nights) was scheduled for May 2nd, although Ray was also booked on the prior cruise from SYD to HNL. :)

No telling about that one. Do you want to go on Rhapsody on April 17, 2015? 16 NIGHT SYDNEY TO SINGAPORE CRUISE - A JS is $3400USD pp. These prices are in Singapore dollars. No date is listed between this one and the May 17 cruise at the RCI Singapore web site.

16 NIGHT SYDNEY TO SINGAPORE CRUISE

Starting from *$2179 SGD

Ship Name: RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS

Departure Port: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

Ports of Call: SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA; BRISBANE - AUSTRALIA; AIRLIE BEACH - QLD - AUSTRALIA; CAIRNS - AUSTRALIA; DARWIN - AUSTRALIA; DARWIN - AUSTRALIA; BENOA - BALI - INDONESIA; SINGAPORE

Date(s): 17 Apr 2015

Stateroom: Interior Outside Balcony Deluxe/Suites

Prices from *: $2179 $2549 $3739 $4239

When we had our B2B Serenade Sept/14 canceled earlier this year with new itinerary and new dates, I called RCL a few times and finally was able to get it resolved before they called me!

Serenade for end of Aug. and all of Sept. was changed from Venice to Rome as the departure port.

It was N/A for awhile but finally word came out on CC about the change of dates, itinerary and cruise length. RCL knew nothing of course when I called.

The agents kept saying we would keep our cabins but we were B2B with aft cabins I wanted to keep. In the end we got them, so perhaps they were held? But I did not wait for them to call me, we got some OBC as well as kept our original booking price!

Hope it all works out well for you!

I think the redeployment desk is especially busy right now, what with re-booking Allure passengers. :rolleyes: I will call them next week...if we still haven't heard anything from them.

And no...we aren't flying to Sydney for Rhapsody. Not when we were planning to only fly to Honolulu. And we are still working folks. :D

It seems odd since some people might like to have their original rooms for the redeployment. Will RCI sell those rooms right out from under them without giving them first option?

I'm sure that they already have, since we have a corner aft JS.

No telling about that one. Do you want to go on Rhapsody on April 17, 2015? 16 NIGHT SYDNEY TO SINGAPORE CRUISE - A JS is $3400USD pp. These prices are in Singapore dollars. No date is listed between this one and the May 17 cruise at the RCI Singapore web site.

16 NIGHT SYDNEY TO SINGAPORE CRUISE

Starting from *$2179 SGD

Ship Name: RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS

Departure Port: SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

Ports of Call: SYDNEY - AUSTRALIA; BRISBANE - AUSTRALIA; AIRLIE BEACH - QLD - AUSTRALIA; CAIRNS - AUSTRALIA; DARWIN - AUSTRALIA; DARWIN - AUSTRALIA; BENOA - BALI - INDONESIA; SINGAPORE

Date(s): 17 Apr 2015

Stateroom: Interior Outside Balcony Deluxe/Suites

Prices from *: $2179 $2549 $3739 $4239

That actually looks interesting, but I can't do anything about it since we are at sea on the Golden Princess today. I think I may take up my sword tomorrow, though.

Edited by critterchick

It seems odd since some people might like to have their original rooms for the redeployment. Will RCI sell those rooms right out from under them without giving them first option?

And the definite answer is yes.:mad: I was able to rebook us on the Sydney-Singapore sailing, but our corner aft was gone, so we took the other one. Somebody else is likely to be unhappy about that.

It took over an hour to get it done - the D+ hadn't been advised of the cancellation, the redeployment desk is busy with the cancelled Allure cruise in February and then I had to argue for the compensation. Just another day at RCI...

And the definite answer is yes.:mad: I was able to rebook us on the Sydney-Singapore sailing, but our corner aft was gone, so we took the other one. Somebody else is likely to be unhappy about that.

It took over an hour to get it done - the D+ hadn't been advised of the cancellation, the redeployment desk is busy with the cancelled Allure cruise in February and then I had to argue for the compensation. Just another day at RCI...

Ugh! Just think how it would have turned out you weren't so pro-active about it. At the rate RCI is going about it, some people may not be able to get their selected room category.

We're you able to get the prorated and equivalent room price? Assuming the quoted price is higher for the new itinerary.

Spent 35 mins on hold, then finally answered and told they would put me straight through to someone to handle the changes and yep you guessed it back on hold.

The service just gets better and better. Will try again today.

Kirsten

I rang them first thing this morning to book Singapore - Dubai - Istanbul and got through straightaway only problem was the lovely lady knew nothing about the repo and it wasn't showing on her system :eek: (tried to book online but only limited cabin classes open not the one we wanted) so I said don't worry I will ring back later........before i rang I did a hold booking on the first class i saw a price on just so I had a res number for them to search on :D:D, have to ask who is doing all the work here:rolleyes:, so i call back this afternoon to find myself on hold for 43 minutes...... oh joy:eek:....finally after 30 more minutes happy to announce we have confirmed bookings in the cabin we want.....phew what a palaver.......booking used to be sooooooooooo easy....cheers Shiona

Edited by badgerbill
sp

Ugh! Just think how it would have turned out you weren't so pro-active about it. At the rate RCI is going about it, some people may not be able to get their selected room category.

We're you able to get the prorated and equivalent room price? Assuming the quoted price is higher for the new itinerary.

That's how I was able to keep our cabin for our 2013 crossing - I knew that they were changing the cabin numbers and called C&A, which had no idea. So I checked daily and pounced as soon as I saw it. I was lucky that it was still available - many people lost theirs and RCI refused to evict the new tenants, just offered $200 OBC. In some cases people were already well past final payment so just had to suck it up.

But this is a little different in that I think many people who wanted to go to Hawaii won't want to go to Asia. So it may just be me who was affected.:p

They were only offering "price protection" on three cruises between Honolulu and Vancouver. Since all three cost less than the one we were booked on and they weren't going to do a per diem adjustment, that turned out to be no price protection for anybody who booked on one of those three. We flipped to a 16- or 17-nighter, and are paying $400pp more, but I'm ok with that, since we get 3-4 extra nights. And I bet that the price will come down once or twice before final, too.

Oh, and when I pulled up the deck plan on Cruising Power to check that I had my cabin numbers straight, I got the old deck plan from before the redo in 2012.:eek:

But this is a little different in that I think many people who wanted to go to Hawaii won't want to go to Asia. So it may just be me who was affected.:p

They were only offering "price protection" on three cruises between Honolulu and Vancouver. Since all three cost less than the one we were booked on and they weren't going to do a per diem adjustment, that turned out to be no price protection for anybody who booked on one of those three. We flipped to a 16- or 17-nighter, and are paying $400pp more, but I'm ok with that, since we get 3-4 extra nights. And I bet that the price will come down once or twice before final, too.

Oh, and when I pulled up the deck plan on Cruising Power to check that I had my cabin numbers straight, I got the old deck plan from before the redo in 2012.:eek:

So far, you are the only one that has posted that they have switched to that particular itinerary.

We were planning to fly as far as HNL. When we visit Sydney again, we plan to see more of Australia before adding Southeast Asia. :D

We moved our booking to Legend, Panama Canal, 15 nights, more expensive. We've done the canal before too. But it is a nice trip, and we can enjoy the short flight home from San Diego without a time change. :D

Royal's US site now showing May 2 2015 Hawaii as N/A.

Have added April 17 Sydney to Singapore, 16nt,

Ports of Call:

Sydney, Australia; Brisbane, Australia; Airlie Beach, Australia; Cairns, Australia; Darwin, Australia; Benoa (Bali), Indonesia; Singapore

and May 3 2015 Singapore to Dubai, 14nt,

Singapore; Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang), Malaysia; Phuket, Thailand; Colombo, Sri Lanka; Cochin, India; New Mangalore, India; Goa (Mormugao), India; Bombay (Mumbai), India; Dubai, United Arab Emirates

then May 17 2015, Dubai to Istanbul, 15nt,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Muscat, Oman; Salalah, Oman; Suez Canal (Passage); Ashdod, Israel; Haifa, Israel; Limassol, Cyprus; Rhodes, Greece; Istanbul, Turkey

Nothing yet posted for June.

Edited by pspercy

Royal's US site now showing May 2 2015 Hawaii as N/A.

Have added April 17 Sydney to Singapore, 16nt,

Ports of Call:

Sydney, Australia; Brisbane, Australia; Airlie Beach, Australia; Cairns, Australia; Darwin, Australia; Benoa (Bali), Indonesia; Singapore

and May 3 2015 Singapore to Dubai, 14nt,

Singapore; Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang), Malaysia; Phuket, Thailand; Colombo, Sri Lanka; Cochin, India; New Mangalore, India; Goa (Mormugao), India; Bombay (Mumbai), India; Dubai, United Arab Emirates

then May 17 2015, Dubai to Istanbul, 15nt,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Muscat, Oman; Salalah, Oman; Suez Canal (Passage); Ashdod, Israel; Haifa, Israel; Limassol, Cyprus; Rhodes, Greece; Istanbul, Turkey

Nothing yet posted for June.

Not holding our breath but we have asked to transfer to

May 3 2015 Singapore to Dubai, 14nt,

Neither of the other options interested us, we have done Hawaii to Sydney on the Radiance and the ports don't change and we have a cruise booked already for next year that does Brisbane, Airlie Beach and Cairns and we've been to Bali.

Hopefully they come to the party the next leg looks much more interesting to us anyway.

Kirsten

Will they replace the Rhapsody in Australia or just leave the Radiance alone there? I am planning a Radiance sailing but need the competition to keep the prices lower. I'd imagine if the Radiance is the only Royal ship, the prices may remain high.

Will they replace the Rhapsody in Australia or just leave the Radiance alone there? I am planning a Radiance sailing but need the competition to keep the prices lower. I'd imagine if the Radiance is the only Royal ship, the prices may remain high.

I don't think anyone knows at this point. Radiance is still sailing HNL to YVR in May, 2015. (9 night sailing), so it will definitely be in Alaska.

Royal Caribbean hasn't made any announcements about a ship to replace the Rhapsody Alaska sailings.

Will they replace the Rhapsody in Australia or just leave the Radiance alone there?

I cannot imagine that RADIANCE will be left alone in Alaska.

IMHO there are two candidates which could replace RHAPSODY in 2015: JEWEL or VISION.

RADIANCEs Hawaii sailing in 2015 ends in Alaska so she is very likely to be deployed there again - but there are no official announcements on a 2nd ship which could raplace RHAPSODY.

Edited by celebrity_fan