Favorite Princess Ship?

bling19572010

Coral!

We had our 1st sailing on her, and the service everywhere on the ship was absolutely beyond the pale. We recently, after cruises on several other Princess ship [all which we loved], plus HA and X, got yet another Alaska on the Coral, and it confirmed our first impressions. Got to return to Alaska on her about once a year, if we can.

Doug

Just got off the Emerald, it was fine, booked 25 days Canary Isl./TA (Emerald) for next year! I book for itinerary/length, not price, so I don't have experience with newer ships.

I'm partial to the original Royal Princess, a 14 day Panama Canal Cruise with Les Brown and his band made it my best all time cruise! At 39 I was the youngest onboard! :) Watching everyone dance to the band before dinner was amazing, those were the days!

Have to agree here. Loved all our cruises but the crew on the star made it so special From the captain down. Least favourite was the Caribbean because the anytime dining was a nightmare.

Terry

May I ask what happened with the anytime dining. We are sailing on the Caribbean in April and plan on doing anytime dining!!

In December it was the Coral, May it was the Island, June it was the Star, November it was the Golden.

I have a feeling in December will be the Crown and in April it will be the Emerald.

All kidding aside my favorites are the Coral, Star and the Sapphire for totally different reasons.

May I ask what happened with the anytime dining. We are sailing on the Caribbean in April and plan on doing anytime dining!!

It may have changed as it was in 2008 but we had long long waits every night and they even ended putting us to eat in traditional dining room which was not full at all. As I say it will probably have changed. Just didn't create good memories

Enjoy your cruise. There's no such thing as a bad one

Terry

We have been on Sapphire and Emerald Princess. We loved both ships but for different reasons. On Sapphire, we loved the dining room. The staff and food was awesome!!! On Emerald, it was the first time we booked a mini-suite. We loved the cabin, but we did not care for the open balcony in which people above our deck could see down into our balcony.