Security vs Strike

SECdawg

I thought, and have read several times, that you had to be onboard by a certain time due to restrictions related to the documents needing to be in place for certain security reasons. I guess a strike changes things.

Grandeur of the Seas – October 17, 2013 Sailing

Grandeur of the Seas is scheduled to sail out of the Port of Baltimore, today, Thursday, October 17, 2013. The longshoremen’s union at the Port of Baltimore is currently on strike. If the strike continues today, we will experience a delay in moving guests’ luggage on and off the ship.

Therefore, we ask that guests scheduled to sail on Grandeur of the Seas, today, October 17, not arrive at the port before 1:00 p.m. Check in for your sailing will take place between 1:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The sailing’s departure time will be delayed until 7:00 p.m. to accommodate this event, but it will not impact the scheduled itinerary.

# # #

I thought, and have read several times, that you had to be onboard by a certain time due to restrictions related to the documents needing to be in place for certain security reasons. I guess a strike changes things.

Grandeur of the Seas – October 17, 2013 Sailing

Grandeur of the Seas is scheduled to sail out of the Port of Baltimore, today, Thursday, October 17, 2013. The longshoremen’s union at the Port of Baltimore is currently on strike. If the strike continues today, we will experience a delay in moving guests’ luggage on and off the ship.

Therefore, we ask that guests scheduled to sail on Grandeur of the Seas, today, October 17, not arrive at the port before 1:00 p.m. Check in for your sailing will take place between 1:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The sailing’s departure time will be delayed until 7:00 p.m. to accommodate this event, but it will not impact the scheduled itinerary.

# # #

How does it change things? You still need to be at the terminal by 5:30, which is 90 minutes before 7.

Archived