Enchantment Help/Reassurance??

jetboy

I have just booked the Enchantment on the 28 FEB JS on Deck 7. I have never done such a short cruise but my partner has never been on a cruise and wants to try a short one first with no sea days as he is worried he will get sea sick!! He is also scared of heights, so hence why I have chosen a cabin at the back of the ship with no sudden drop to the sea.

I am starting to see some bad comments about this ship, especially for Chops which I have booked for all 3 nights and this strange smell which seems to appear.

Also would anyone know if this going to be Spring break in Florida when I sail so can I expect a party crowd which I have no problem with. Probably being a little dramatic but really want my partner to get the bug for cruising like me so I can plan lots of cruises for 2015 and I want this vacation to be a success especially as we are celebrating birthdays on board.

Any tips / advise would be very apprechiated. Thank you.

Cut Chops back to 1 reservation; if you like it I am sure you can reserve additional time onboard.

So many people quickly dismiss the main dining room; usually the food is very good, you can try as much variety as you like, and meeting new people is part of the cruise pastime. Worth a visit.

Every ship gets the occasional shippy smell. What someone smelled last week in a certain spot I wouldn't worry about 4 months from now in a different location.

We are sailing on Enchantment today for the first time so I will be sure to come back and give you our thoughts. We are eating at Chops tonight as well. Although I have to warn you that I haven't been on a ship yet that I didn't like! Much better than being at work!

We just did the Enchantment a month ago and had a great time. Any week-end short cruise are going to have some partiers but we did not see anything stupid. Ship is in great shape, crew was great and the food was great thus we had a great cruise. Chops 3 nights in a row might get a little strong on the steak but the food and service was the best. Have a great cruise. We will do the Enchantment often for a quick getaway

We've done 30+ cruises. Back in May we tried our first short cruise and picked the Enchantment. Best crew we've ever had on any cruise. Ship was in decent shape, food in both the MDR and Chops very good, and no big party crowd. We were pleasantly surprised and our cruising on this ship again Nov 11 and we are planning on taking our teenage granddaughters on Enchantment the beginning of June. Enjoy.

Take LMaxwell's advice and book Chops for only one night to start and add other nights as desired. We've dined at Chops on Enchantment of the Seas on two separate cruises, and neither time was the food or service as good as it was at the Chops on Freedom of the Seas. We probably won't do it again on Enchantment. The MDR food is quite good, and if you request a table for two near a window so it is away from the noisiest parts of the MDR, you will have a lovely dinner there, too.

We just did the Enchantment a month ago and had a great time.

Same here. I was also on Enchantment last month and I LOVED the cruise. The ship is in great condition, the crew was fantastic and we had no problems with the food.

We ate in Chops the first night and had no complaints. I had the filet, which was great, and DW was able to order the combo platter, but with a special request for lamb chops only. They accomodated her and she loved them.

Well, I loved Enchantment. You can read my review here. Loved Chops for that matter too, though I don't know it's worth it for all 3 nights.

I never noticed any smells that were above and beyond I've found on any other ship. Remember someone's subjective opinion is someone's subjective opinion. Soak it all in, and go enjoy your cruise your way.

We did the Enchantment earlier this year as well. Ate at Chops on the 2nd night with no issues whatsover. In fact, we never experienced anything that you described.

I wouldn't anticipate spring break problems going on Feb 28. 3 day cruises tend to lend themselves to a little more of a party atmosphere than others but beyond that I don't think it will impact your voyage. Have a great time!

I think you will enjoy your cruise on the Enchantment. It doesn't have all that a larger ship offers but fine for a short first time cruise. Park cafe is in adult pool and another great option for breakfast, lunch and late night snacks.Friendly staff that try hard to please.

It is spring break for some colleges that week. I know this because my dh is a prof and we usually go that first week in March. Most college kids may not fly in for a short cruise, but we have seen them on longer cruises a lot. Our take on it is that we share the ship-they sleep late, we get up early. They don't even bring their hungover selves to the deck til noon. They stay up-we go to bed. Works for us- even when we came across my husband's students on board!

On the three night the real partiers will congregate in the Viking Crown for the Disco. It gets pretty lively -check it out. We enjoy Chops and will be eating there a week from Monday. You and your partner have a great cruise!!!

On the three night the real partiers will congregate in the Viking Crown for the Disco. It gets pretty lively -check it ou. We enjoy Chops and will be eating there a week from Monday. You and your partner have a great cruise!!!

True, and don't miss the Silent Party up in Viking Crown. Much fun just to watch.

I fell in love with Enchantment. Such a great ship! Personally I would not waste my money on Specialty restaurants, we think the food in the MDR is just fine. Have only done specialty restaurants 2x in all the years we have cruised and when we did Chops in May it was horrible, so probably will never do another one. But the ship is great. Love the layout of Enchantment, really cannot tell you why I fell it love with it, but I did. So hoping it comes to Miami when Majesty leaves so we can sail her all the time.

Archived