Suite perks

sjde

Someone else will have to answer you about the "drinks". I don't think there are special drinks (as in alcohol) ... But we haven't used this service.

The butler is the guy who shines your shoes, makes your extra dinner reservations, brings in canapes in the afternoon, manages a cocktail party you are hosting, brings in your in-room breakfast. That sort of thing.

The room steward assists the lady who cleans your room! Or "IS" the lady who cleans your room. Our experience has been that the senior cleaning person is a woman, her assistant is a young man.

Very different functions.

If I am wrong, someone please correct me. But the butler is the guy you use to get special things done. The room stewards clean your room.

Mura

Oceania Butlers are the best. They will basically assist you with any request. Our last cruise was 48days and "Janos" was our butler and helped make this the best cruise ever. I hope Oceania continues with this excellent service.

As well as breakfast pastries, sandwiches and cookies depending on the time of day. Imo do not waste calories on these as the food elsewhere on the ship is so much better.

So true and for those in suites they would hardly need a lounge given the size of the suites.

We have found the butlers have made our cruises very special. We tend to have breakfast in our cabin and its lovely having our butlers smiley face bring just about anything we want. Good opportunity to discuss the ports and days activities with him or dining arrangements etc as they are very knowledgeable. Butlers will also serve dinner course by course from any restaurant in your cabin which is great after a busy day.

The butlers have also sorted lots of little things out for us with great efficiency and little effort on our part. Another bonus is the afternoon chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to the cabin. Naughty but nice!

We found the executive lounge most useful for using the printer on the computer, (we have to do some work while travelling) and on disembarkation day. We just chilled in the lounge with coffee etc as we weren't in a rush to leave the ship, then left when ready. Plenty of people seemed to like sitting and reading in the lounge or watching the big TV.

...and remember the butler can get almost anything done within reason.

If you enjoy breakfast in your room remember that you are not limited to the printed menu. If you want eggs benedict, a sticky bun, etc. and it is available that day just tell him/her.

We are not enthusiastic (read not impressed) with the afternoon treats on the suite menu and usually buy things in port such as cheese, crackers, pate, etc to enjoy with our drink. The butler will gladly get you plates, knives etc or anything you need. Ours has also surprised us with things to go with the treats he knew we bought in port. (Some fruit to go with our cheese, etc)

It is a wonderful and addicting experience.

... We are not enthusiastic (read not impressed) with the afternoon treats on the suite menu and usually buy things in port such as cheese, crackers, pate, etc to enjoy with our drink.

My wife agreed about the crackers but she likes the cheese. I like those little wings with the BBQ sauce...and peanuts. Afternoon snacks can be fun, although now that I am being more careful about what i eat, I don't know what i am going to give up!!

Archived