Price went way down

Luvsprincess

I am sailing in 20 days. I booked thru TA. I checked the princess site and they show the same price I paid, but I checked other websites and the prices have gone down quite a bit. What can I do at this point? Cancel and re-book since I have insurance? It is about a little over $300 change for sailing solo.

This does happen. Is your insurance the cancel for any reason kind? You'll lose what you paid for the insurance and you'll probably want to buy new insurance if you rebook. You have to consider that. Also, you may not get the same cabin you cancel. You may lose any OBC you have with the original booking. The last time this happened to me I just accepted the fact that this can happen when you don't wait until the last minute to book.

Sometimes only certain categories drop. If you booked thru a TA they have no obligation to match another TA. Some will "work harder" for repeat loyal customers. But if you see no drop on the Princess site for your specific category, I'd forget it.

In my situation, I went online and directly reserved a cabin for an Eastern Caribbean cruise. How would /could I get the lower price if I happen to see it happen? I would want to stay in the same category/deck and I constantly see people say how they rebooked and kept what they had for a lesser cost. I don't want to loose my cabin I selected. Can this be possible? If so, how?

I've got a long time before we cruise next just want to see if we can get a better cost for the cruise. :D

Just keep checking online and if you see the price drop (not a special sale, but a regular price drop) call Princess and they will adjust your invoice to the lower price. It's a little trickier with a sale: you basically are cancelling your reservation and rebooking. You will have to make a new non-refundable deposit and you may not get the same cabin. So if you really want the cabin you first booked it may not be worth it. If the cabin doesn't matter so much you can usually save quite a bit.

I booked a guarantee and I haven't received an assignment yet. I really don't care where they put me as long as I have a cabin.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Since your cruise is in 20 days I am not sure you can do much. Personally I would not hassle with it.

But since you said the price you paid using a TA is the same price showing on the Princess website (assuming you did not get a TA discount) you might want to consider changing TAs for your next booking. You should br able to get a discount using a TA.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am sailing in 20 days. I booked thru TA. I checked the princess site and they show the same price I paid, but I checked other websites and the prices have gone down quite a bit. What can I do at this point? Cancel and re-book since I have insurance? It is about a little over $300 change for sailing solo.

Talk to your TA about an OBC or an upgraded room.

I think you are out of luck the same as myself. We have 3 cabins on the Royal in Nov. that is $200 each lower than what I paid with no OBC, I tried everything to no avail. What they do is look at your assigned cabin, mine is only $80 less than what I paid, then special has no OBC, then if their is a difference they look to upgrade you to the price you paid only, no freebies. Smile & bear it, or cancel & rebook.

Sometimes only certain categories drop. But if you see no drop on the Princess site for your specific category, I'd forget it.

So true! Almost always, any price drops are not for the exact category we have booked. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Archived