Back to back cruises/airfare question?

monctonmama

How does the included air work if you do a B2B cruise with O?

Do they give you a rebate for one of the air itineraries, since you obviously won't need both? Considering a B2B, and was wondering how it works?

You get the air credit reduction for the end of the first leg and the arrival to port on the second leg. For example in a coming cruise I am getting 2K off the total fare pp as I using only 2 of 4 flights..

It is up to your agent to give a rebate on top of that if you have an agreement for that.

But wait, Look to see if your back to back is not listed as a longer cruise where the savings can be even greater !! It has for me on several cruises.

Our cruise is listed as a grand voyage for 2015. It is basically a B2B of two cruises. The Grand Voyage cost has been adjusted for the air fares. Someone on the forum mentioned that if the cruise is a Grand Voyage then you can't book it as a B2B. I didn't try this approach so I have no idea. The drawback of the Grand Voyage vs the B2B is that O only allows your service OBC to be applied once. You also only get 4 specialty reservations (we are in a veranda cabin) instead of 8 for the two voyages.

Are you sure about the limitation on specialty restaurants? Generally that goes up with the length of the cruise, even when it's only considered to be a single cruise. On our 18 day BCN-Rio cruise we all have additional reservation guarantees over and above a shorter cruise.

Mura

Archived