Shuttles?

Redtravel

Is there a list of ports where Azamara provides shuttles? If so, does it tell where it drops off and picks up passengers? How often does it go? I remember docking in Rouen. Shuttle took us to the train station in town. When we wanted to return, there was no shuttle. It stopped at 6 pm. Ship was not scheduled to depart until midnight. Finding a taxi was not easy....and the walk back to the ship was not a pleasure.

I have been compiling a list of ports and whether or not there are shuttles. This may be out of date and it would be great to have changes or additions. Also keep in mind what Bill Leiber said that circumstances change frequently.

Azamara shuttles newest in Word.doc

Edited by maryann ns

• 6 months later...
I have been compiling a list of ports and whether or not there are shuttles. This may be out of date and it would be great to have changes or additions. Also keep in mind what Bill Leiber said that circumstances change frequently.

@maryann ns: Many thanks for the list.

Why is Azamara so vague on the free shuttles?

I think reliable information on the free port shuttles should - at least - be provided in the online excursions brochure.

:confused:

Hi maryann,

if you are still updating your list here is the information for some more ports on our upcoming Azamara Quest cruise as mailed by Azamara:

THU 21-AUG Amasra (Safranbolu), Turkey: Shuttle is available from pier to city center

SAT 23-AUG Trabzon, Turkey: No shuttle is needed as we dock close to town

SUN 24-AUG Batumi, Georgia: No shuttle is needed as we dock close to town

TUE 26-AUG Constanta (Bucharest), Romania: Shuttle is available from pier to city center

WED 27-AUG Nessebar, Bulgaria: No shuttle is needed as we tender into town

FRI 29-AUG Skiathos, Greece: No shuttle is needed as we tender into town

SAT 30-AUG Volos (Meteora), Greece: No shuttle is needed as we dock within walking distance to town

SUN 31-AUG Kepez (Troy/Gallipoli), Turkey: Shuttle is available from pier to city center

Happy cruising to everyone !

:)

Hi maryann,

if you are still updating your list here is the information for some more ports on our upcoming Azamara Quest cruise as mailed by Azamara:

THU 21-AUG Amasra (Safranbolu), Turkey: Shuttle is available from pier to city center

SAT 23-AUG Trabzon, Turkey: No shuttle is needed as we dock close to town

SUN 24-AUG Batumi, Georgia: No shuttle is needed as we dock close to town

TUE 26-AUG Constanta (Bucharest), Romania: Shuttle is available from pier to city center

WED 27-AUG Nessebar, Bulgaria: No shuttle is needed as we tender into town

FRI 29-AUG Skiathos, Greece: No shuttle is needed as we tender into town

SAT 30-AUG Volos (Meteora), Greece: No shuttle is needed as we dock within walking distance to town

SUN 31-AUG Kepez (Troy/Gallipoli), Turkey: Shuttle is available from pier to city center

Happy cruising to everyone !

How did you get this onfo - it's great. Was it in your edocs or did you request it by email? Thanks.

How did you get this onfo - it's great. Was it in your edocs or did you request it by email? Thanks.

I send an email with the question

In which ports will be the included shuttle service available during this cruise?

to Azamara

AzamaraGuestRelations@AzamaraClubCruises.com

I think we all should keep asking and sharing this kind of information.

I appreciate the information. The on,y place that I visit on the list is Bilbao. I will be sure to get the shuttle. I have also read that taxis cost about 20 euros. Not much if I opt to take one. I am also going to Guernsey, Nantes,Bordeaux,St. jean des Luz,Oporto, and Lisbon. Anybody know if these ports have shuttles or does the ship dock close to town?

I appreciate the information. The on,y place that I visit on the list is Bilbao. I will be sure to get the shuttle. I have also read that taxis cost about 20 euros. Not much if I opt to take one. I am also going to Guernsey, in town- all uphill-very uphill Nantes,Bordeaux,St. in town-pre book wine tours for here jean des Luz, in town- beach, 100 shops and places to eat and a million peopleOporto, and Lisbon. in town-but you need to taxi to some places Anybody know if these ports have shuttles or does the ship dock close to town?

i am guessing the other two ports are right in town.. i never heard of Oporto.. is thsi France too? hope this helps.

Oporto is in Portugal, famous for Port.

And wonderful shoe shopping as well. My mother was there on a cruise last year and bought seven pairs of shoes and four handbags in about an hour. Luckily she was sailing out of Southampton so her luggage weight wasn't an issue. :)

Redtravel, Never been to Oporto myself but mother says it is rather nice. They did a little boat trip down the Douro river, the already mentioned shopping, and just people watched from a local cafe.

Lisbon shuttles go from the ship to the area around Black Horse Square, which is very central and has a HOHO bus stop, very good if this is your first time in Lisbon. Must see sights are The Belem Tower, The Monument of the Discoveries and the beautiful Jeronimos monastery and museum.....all within easy walking distance of each other along the Tagus river. Cascais is a charming seaside town not far from Lisbon. I also like to visit the old district of Alfama when in Lisbon.

St Peter Port in Guernsey is one of the most missed ports in the world because of the strong currents in the bay but hopefully you will be able to tender in. No need for a shuttle as you tender to the centre of the quayside and its a short walk to the town. It's a charming small town, there are some lovely beaches on the island and the local bus does a round trip ticket for a couple of pounds. Great seafood restaurants and if you have a long stay then maybe you could get the boat to the even smaller islands of Herm or Sark.....but leave plenty of time for this.

Sorry, can't help with the other ports.

I appreciate the information. The on,y place that I visit on the list is Bilbao. I will be sure to get the shuttle. I have also read that taxis cost about 20 euros. Not much if I opt to take one. I am also going to Guernsey, Nantes,Bordeaux,St. jean des Luz,Oporto, and Lisbon. Anybody know if these ports have shuttles or does the ship dock close to town?

Help with a few:

Bordeaux - docked right in town - right across the street

St Jean de Lux - a tiny little place - docked right in town. There is a Petit Train to take you round the town

Lisbon - right in town near Atalanta station. There are also city trams.

Edited by little britain

I appreciate your help. Anyone know anything about Nantes or have suggestions for places to see and dine? Although azamara has superb food, when I am in France, I eat.

I can not tel lyou the name of any place i ate but one was the hotel in Bordeaux and he food was good as i people.. San Jean de Luxe is restaurant row so pick one and enjoy it, the next day pick another one. Pizza there is great. the places i ate in more French speakign than Engish..