Any noisy/problematic cabins on PG's Deck 4?

J-D

Has noise been a problem in any cabins on Deck 4, i.e., category E window staterooms, of the Paul Gaugin? In a (no-doubt-incomplete) search of CC, I did not uncover many comments about noise problems on this deck. Has anyone encountered noise problems in

- the forward cabins, below Le Grand Salon (401-412)?

- cabins adjacent to Reception or the ShoreEx desk (415-418)?

- those below the piano bar (418, 420, 422, 424, 426)?

- those near the midship stairs (427-430)?

- any others?

If so, was the noise sufficiently intrusive that you would recommend choosing a different cabin?

Aside from greater ship motion toward the bow, are there any other (non-noise) issues in any specific Deck 4 cabin?

Again, apologies if I have overlooked a previous thread on this.

John

Edited by J-D
clarification

One thing you probably won't be able to avoid is the noise of the anchor chain. Some of the sailing distances are quite short and they'll be dropping anchor in the late evening. Mr. DangerGirl and I were a bit "early to bed" during the first part of our cruise because of the time change and definitely noticed this a time or two. But if you are up closing down La Palette you won't even hear it!

426 used to be bad because it had the sound of rushing water but some people said that has been fixed.

We were in 426 last fall for the Fiji to Tahiti cruise; PG had assured me that we would have no noise problem. They had obviously not sailed in that cabin. If you look back thru the posts, people describe the noise of rushing water. I found it very annoying, so spent as little time as possible in the cabin. DH managed to ignore the sound. After several days, PG offered to let us move to another 400 level cabin on the opposite side that had become vacant. At that point, it was just too much trouble to repack everything.

I would definitely avoid 426, not matter what PG tells you.

Thanks for the responses posted thus far. I was already going to avoid 426, on the chance that the earlier problems might come back, but it is useful to know that 426 really did still have a problem as recently as last fall.

It seems a bit surprising to me (but good) that sound from the Le Grand Salon and piano bar does not seem to be much (if any) of a problem in the Deck 4 cabins below those areas.

John

Edited by J-D

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off the ship and got home today from a wonderful 11 day cook island trip. We had room 434 and is was great. No noise very quiet. Wonderful room attendent, her name was Rona. Would book it again in a minute. Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did, can't wait to go back again.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been in cabin 408 twice and never had a problem. You will hear the lowering of the tenders occasionally but by then its time to get up anyway. Also have been on deck 6 & 7 and don't remember any noise issues. You are in paradise and will have the time of your life!

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed in room 430 and had no problems. I actually loved the location because the small staircase was right outside the door, one floor up and you were practically in the piano bar! Don't remember any noise issues but we were hardly never in the room. By the time we got there each day we were exhausted and fell right asleep.